The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

So wait... Now we have to pay Bezos?

eclipsed

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
I saw a news story about this dude getting a 10 billion dollar bailout for his space firm the very same day he bought that James Bond studio for almost 9 billion. So you mean to tell me the government is about to use our money to bail out some rich dude while he spends even more money on something to make him more money? This dude doesn't even pay taxes! How the hell do people still shop on and use Amazon!? Why is no one canceling this dude?

Storm

Sixer
zBucks
That's the world we live in. The rich keep getting rich and we keep getting poorer and poorer. These rich people really need to start paying taxes and paying more into the world in general. Too many rich people getting away with paying their employees barely anything.
Yeah that's the way things are. I wish these rich people would finally get punished for avoiding taxes and not paying their employees but I don't ever see that happening. If it's not Amazon one day, it's another company getting bailouts and living without consequences.

eclipsed

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
That's why I'm trying to get away from using Amazon. They treat their employees terribly too. I had a friend who almost had a nervous breakdown because he was being harassed by other employees and they wouldn't do anything.
I heard about this. They will pay you decent but they overwork you and ignore any issues you have.

A friends' brother works for them as a delivery driver and he said that there are a few people who don't even do what they are supposed to and get paid while everyone else has to pick up the slack for these lazy bums. A few of them got together to address the issue with the managers and team leaders and they brushed it off. Said they would handle it. These bums are still "working" there. One legit sits around on his phone for hours not doing anything and is getting paid. I told him they likely know or are related to someone at the top.

Stan Zero

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
I read somewhere that Jeff Bezos isn't actually as rich as everyone says. I guess the confusion comes from the fact that people are often quoting his stocks, assets, investments etc, not what he actually has in cash. Those stocks and assets can also decrease in time. I forgot where this was posted, I think Imgur, but it was claiming that these rich billionaires aren't exactly rich, just that they have that amount in assets, property, investments, etc.

idk if that's true, but it's something I thought was interesting and would share. Now I just need to find the image I saw that mentioned it.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I read somewhere that Jeff Bezos isn't actually as rich as everyone says. I guess the confusion comes from the fact that people are often quoting his stocks, assets, investments etc, not what he actually has in cash. Those stocks and assets can also decrease in time. I forgot where this was posted, I think Imgur, but it was claiming that these rich billionaires aren't exactly rich, just that they have that amount in assets, property, investments, etc.

idk if that's true, but it's something I thought was interesting and would share. Now I just need to find the image I saw that mentioned it.

Yeah you never hear about liquidity which would change the conversation completely. I could own a building worth $2B and be a billionaire but have no cash in the bank making my "wealth" meaningless if I can't sell the building.

This is one of the reasons why true billionaires don't respect Trump because he has a bunch of hard assets bought with daddy's money and he runs around pretending to be some kind of mastermind.

We also saw how this game played out during the mortgage crisis. I have a pal who offers what I would call "Bridge Liquidity" to people who are cash poor and need to sell their house before they are foreclosed on.

A lot of the people that would use his service would be people who were in million dollar houses but were BROKE! On paper they looked good but the reality was different, he would loan them $40k or so and would take $80k when the house was sold.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Yeah you never hear about liquidity which would change the conversation completely. I could own a building worth $2B and be a billionaire but have no cash in the bank making my "wealth" meaningless if I can't sell the building.

This is one of the reasons why true billionaires don't respect Trump because he has a bunch of hard assets bought with daddy's money and he runs around pretending to be some kind of mastermind.

We also saw how this game played out during the mortgage crisis. I have a pal who offers what I would call "Bridge Liquidity" to people who are cash poor and need to sell their house before they are foreclosed on.

A lot of the people that would use his service would be people who were in million dollar houses but were BROKE! On paper they looked good but the reality was different, he would loan them $40k or so and would take $80k when the house was sold.
    Yup. Middle Class took it up the class with this scheme. Had net worth of $500k go to zilch over night when their home value dropped.

D

Deleted member 1946

I saw a news story about this dude getting a 10 billion dollar bailout for his space firm the very same day he bought that James Bond studio for almost 9 billion. So you mean to tell me the government is about to use our money to bail out some rich dude while he spends even more money on something to make him more money? This dude doesn't even pay taxes! How the hell do people still shop on and use Amazon!? Why is no one canceling this dude?
    It is hard to cancel somebody when somebody is connected to the power system. Our people don't think about having real power. We let our folks be puppets.

D

Deleted member 1946

This is why these folks put all these things in place so they can stay on top of the ladder while everybody else falls off.

D

Deleted member 1946

In 2020, Amazon more than doubled in value. Everything about the outbreak was about money. They boldly took the most sum of money in history from the lower and middles glasses and transferred it. People like Jeff were part of it.
    Yep. It is so easy to tell he is a part of the powers that be since they don't destroy his company.

Mr. Chris

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We've been paying for Jeff Bazos. How do you think he gets those "Tax Abatements" when he opens up a new Amazon Distribution Center? If we pay taxes to the government, we are the ones that have been footing the bill for those tax abatements he doesn't pay for. So it's easy to be worth a quarter of a billion dollars if you pay $0 dollars in taxes.

This is what oligharchal white rich privilege looks like. Welcome to capitalism...

NiceRadio Network.com

ART
    ART
    Modern day classism and capitalism, especially in America, have been easily fueled by not just greed, but anti-Black racism.

But those complaining about inflation and stagnant wages and increasing housing costs, being poor white trash, being a suffering white middle class family, not being able to pay off their student loans, not being able to fix up or replace their POS car, not being able to afford health care, or not being able to afford having their basic needs met are still not ready to admit that yet.

They still think working themselves to an early grave for pennies and crumbs just to "prove something" to themselves and others, and punching down on (or comparing themselves to) Black people as much as possible to feel better about themselves and their situation is the correct answer.

“If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.”
    ― Lyndon B. Johnson

Revised / updates quote for the 21st Century and today:

“If you can convince the lowest white man or non-Black man that he's better than the best colored (Black) man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.”

― Lyndon B. Johnson
    D

Deleted member 1946

We've been paying for Jeff Bazos. How do you think he gets those "Tax Abatements" when he opens up a new Amazon Distribution Center? If we pay taxes to the government, we are the ones that have been footing the bill for those tax abatements he doesn't pay for. So it's easy to be worth a quarter of a billion dollars if you pay $0 dollars in taxes.

This is what oligharchal white rich privilege looks like. Welcome to capitalism...

NiceRadio Network.com
    Capitalism is here to stay.