Sixer First Class
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    He has been having some pretty good broadcasts lately.
    The only two things that I don't like that he does is (1) speaking as if business ownership is the only means that black people can get ahead and (2) talking about black people completely leaving America as if that is a realistic goal.

You can do very well by getting trained and educated in trade/technical/vocational skills. You are far less likely to be discriminated against in these fields than traditional 4 year college education routes. I'm not saying there is no discrimination. I went to school to become a nurse and there has been and still is some discrimination. I'm still able to do very well for myself nonetheless.

Getting these pipedream degrees like a degree in business, communication, journalism etc. is not a wise investment. Instead getting trained to be an electrician, plumbing, Mechanical engineering, or x-ray tech, Surgical tech, and nursing are fields where almost no matter what you will land a job.

The median wealth of most black people is very low. Even for those of us doing well it isn't realistic that we will be able to just drop a job/career and leave to Africa with our skills and start over there. It isn't realistic. Sure you can get a passport. That part is easy but taking your skills and rebuilding an entire life in Africa where you don't even speak the language is not likely.

The thing is he speaks about the moving to Africa to promote his yearly trips that he sells. He wants people to get passports and be able to buy these trips so to promote the trips he talks about traveling to Africa and moving there or buying land there just in case. I'm not against visiting Africa. I'm not against investing in land. However if the wants to promote his trips he should just do that instead of pushing an unrealistic idea.

Drakbluud

Senior Sixer
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    The only two things that I don't like that he does is (1) speaking as if business ownership is the only means that black people can get ahead and (2) talking about black people completely leaving America as if that is a realistic goal.

You can do very well by getting trained and educated in trade/technical/vocational skills. You are far less likely to be discriminated against in these fields than traditional 4 year college education routes. I'm not saying there is no discrimination. I went to school to become a nurse and there has been and still is some discrimination. I'm still able to do very well for myself nonetheless.

Getting these pipedream degrees like a degree in business, communication, journalism etc. is not a wise investment. Instead getting trained to be an electrician, plumbing, Mechanical engineering, or x-ray tech, Surgical tech, and nursing are fields where almost no matter what you will land a job.

The median wealth of most black people is very low. Even for those of us doing well it isn't realistic that we will be able to just drop a job/career and leave to Africa with our skills and start over there. It isn't realistic. Sure you can get a passport. That part is easy but taking your skills and rebuilding an entire life in Africa where you don't even speak the language is not likely.

The thing is he speaks about the moving to Africa to promote his yearly trips that he sells. He wants people to get passports and be able to buy these trips so to promote the trips he talks about traveling to Africa and moving there or buying land there just in case. I'm not against visiting Africa. I'm not against investing in land. However if the wants to promote his trips he should just do that instead of pushing an unrealistic idea.

While I agree on the career choice issue you elaborated on, the fact that we have no nation of our own, is always going to be problematic. And there are always pros and cons to going to Africa… but it would be nice living away from these people for once… and I tend to favor Phil’s approach as opposed to Tariq’s approach. Considering the current times, we have a golden opportunity to push for strength through unity (if you can forgive the Orwellian phrase)…

MR-D-ROB

Sixer First Class
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    While I agree on the career choice issue you elaborated on, the fact that we have no nation of our own, is always going to be problematic. And there are always pros and cons to going to Africa… but it would be nice living away from these people for once… and I tend to favor Phil’s approach as opposed to Tariq’s approach. Considering the current times, we have a golden opportunity to push for strength through unity (if you can forgive the Orwellian phrase)…
    I do agree that getting away from white supremacy would be nice. Unfortunately there are few places we can go. If you are tied into a pension system that makes that decision improbable.

Like me for example I've worked near two decades towards a retirement with the federal government. Moving to Africa would mean forgoing that retirement and starting over in a strange new land where I'm not even guaranteed an equal income.