Category
News and Politics
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Starbucks employee suspended after labeling Black woman’s

zBucks
What was the workers response? Did she ever give out an excuse as to why she put monkey? I bet her excuse is that it sounded similar. But who wants to go by monkey? I mean, wouldn't you at least ask for the persons name again, or ask for the spelling at least? Couldn't take that much longer to do. Or if you're unsure, put M on the cup or something.

Starbucks should have fired this person. Or a bigger suspension with no pay or something.

ArYkathaGOAT

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What was the workers response? Did she ever give out an excuse as to why she put monkey? I bet her excuse is that it sounded similar. But who wants to go by monkey? I mean, wouldn't you at least ask for the persons name again, or ask for the spelling at least? Couldn't take that much longer to do. Or if you're unsure, put M on the cup or something.

Starbucks should have fired this person. Or a bigger suspension with no pay or something.
    The storyline was on "Today" tv show, I'm not sure what the young ladies response was, I think she said, she couldn't understand the customer clearly. But she could have asked her "can you spell that please" or just simply repeat it. She could have put Moe 😅... IDK ... But she didn't even get fired she just got a couple of days off. Probably has another job or school work to focus on. Anyways I'm sure she hasn't worked there 20 years as the customer claims she's been patronizing them .

MarleyK20

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Starbucks employee ONLY suspended after labeling Black woman’s cup ‘Monkey’....her name was "Monique. customer states that she's been loyal to Starbucks for 20 years . View attachment 5392
    Well monique needs to buy her some African coffee and her own stuff to make her coffee at her house or support a Black-owned coffee joint. Give Babylon/Egypt back her stuff and leave these racists alone.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We gotta stop giving these people our money. I still remember how they treated the two black guys meeting at a Starbucks a few years ago.
    I went to a restaurant an hour ago and they sat me. I sit there, the server sees me and is cleaning tables, taking people’s checks, and stuff before taking my order. I just got up and bounced. You should never clean a table before taking someone’s order. You can have the kitchen kicking my food while you clean that table. Go where you’re wanted.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Monique needs to get on the phone with her lawyer ASAP. Apparently Starbucks has plenty of money to blow away by being as racist as the day is long. If this happened to me, I would see the word "monkey" as "free winning lottery ticket." It truly kills these racists not to be racist. They would rather risk losing money over treating Black people with respect.

All that stunting over closing down their stores for that bullshit "retraining" and "racial bias education" over nothing. Ofc Starbucks didn't learn shit from that infamous facist incident at their Philadelphia Starbucks location. Not to mention all of the other racist incidents in Starbucks that happened before and after. You can't educate racists that know better, you can only punish them.

YahudahQueen96

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Starbucks employee ONLY suspended after labeling Black woman’s cup ‘Monkey’....her name was "Monique. customer states that she's been loyal to Starbucks for 20 years . View attachment 5392
    I stopped patronizing Starbucks years ago. Our people need to open up their own coffee shops. At this point I don’t see how any Black person can buy an item from there.

YahudahQueen96

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I went to a restaurant an hour ago and they sat me. I sit there, the server sees me and is cleaning tables, taking people’s checks, and stuff before taking my order. I just got up and bounced. You should never clean a table before taking someone’s order. You can have the kitchen kicking my food while you clean that table. Go where you’re wanted.
    And when you at a restaurant and see a white table get serviced before yours and they came in after you 🙄

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    And when you at a restaurant and see a white table get serviced before yours and they came in after you 🙄
    That is always the cue to leave and never come back. Even if I reserve, plan, and paid ahead of time, I will still need to get my money back and leave. Always use a credit card with purchase protection when paying in advance in case they try to pull a fast one on you. If they don't accept credit card, don't bother giving them your money.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Especially when it’s a Nigerian or Jamaican restaurant.

Tea Time Oops GIF by TERRELL

Yes I went there, shots fired!

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    So, to put it nicely she has been a wasteful spender on designer coffee for 20 years?

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    He didn't even greet you and get a driunk order?

ProMoatBlack

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Well monique needs to buy her some African coffee and her own stuff to make her coffee at her house or support a Black-owned coffee joint. Give Babylon/Egypt back her stuff and leave these racists alone.
    Exaclty!!! Shit is ridiculous and theres literally no excuse. Should ve been fired but we know the white supremacist way is to suspend and transfer.

ProMoatBlack

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Slow burn white supremacy. Always saving us for last purposely. So upset they have to serve you that they drag their feet as slow as humanly possible.

ArYkathaGOAT

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    So, to put it nicely she has been a wasteful spender on designer coffee for 20 years?
    And Starbucks don't REALLY care about her....
    Damn like $8 what 3days a week maybe for 20 years.... What's the math.... 💩😭

D

Deleted member 1504

I searched the story and sounds like management is trying to cover for the employee. The manager told the customer they determined it was a mistake and offered her free coffee and lunch smdh. The customer is waiting to hear from corporate.

We need to get serious about withholding our patronage and boycotting some of these entities.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I get starbucks once or twice a week and have done so for awhile. I never had issues with them doing my name nor have I heard of it happening to anyone else. This is probably cause the one I got to is a mostly black female staff who actually don't play games like this. This is more of a location and individual problem than a company problem.

That being said, I am more open to trying other businesses in light of this. They want to hire and defend racists, that is their funeral.

ArYkathaGOAT

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I searched the story and sounds like management is trying to cover for the employee. The manager told the customer they determined it was a mistake and offered her free coffee and lunch smdh. The customer is waiting to hear from corporate.

We need to get serious about withholding our patronage and boycotting some of these entities.
    I knew that Starbucks management and even Starbucks corporate were protecting their fellow racist employee. I am not surprised at all. Them closing their stores nationwide a few years back for "racial bias and sensitivity training" was nothing but a ridiculous PR stunt, PR cleanup, and virtue signaling. This is why I didn't fall for all that narcissistic lovebombing that these racist companies were doing with their "support for Black Lives Matter and Black people" during the height of the 2020 summer protests. They were doing that just to make themselves look and feel good. It was never genuine and never will be.

What the phuck kind of black girl goes to starbucks terrancehowardshocked
    The artsy and blipster type who listens to Tyler the Creator, J Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Drake, Gorillaz, indie female artists and indie / alternative music. The type who likes things like H&M, Buzzfeed, Apple, Fashion Nova, Hot Topic, and Gucci. The kind who might have an LSA account and still reads or writes for Ebony, Essence, and Madamenoire. The type who may give 2nd chances to non-Black racists while permanently cutting ties with their best Black friend over something dumb. The kind who sees racism as a minor inconvenience at best and not something that is life-threatening. The type who feeds off proximity to white people, the dominant society, and white or mainstream acceptance.

For the Black guys, the kind who go to Starbucks are the kind who take GQ Magazine too seriously, wax their legs, read or write for theRoot and theGrio, cry to albums like Blonde and MBDTF and IGOR, love dubstep and indie music, might be named Touré or Van Jones or Michael Harriot, love anime, like so-called "edgy" white 4chan humor, watch "Seinfeld" and "Friends" sometimes, and polish their fingernail tips. The kind who sees racism as a minor inconvenience at best and not something that is life-threatening. The type who feeds off proximity to white people, the dominant society, and white or mainstream acceptance.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Be loyal to yourself & your people, period! Our coffee tastes better anyway!

ArYkathaGOAT

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I knew that Starbucks management and even Starbucks corporate were protecting their fellow racist employee. I am not surprised at all. Them closing their stores nationwide a few years back for "racial bias and sensitivity training" was nothing but a ridiculous PR stunt, PR cleanup, and virtue signaling. This is why I didn't fall for all that narcissistic lovebombing that these racist companies were doing with their "support for Black Lives Matter and Black people" during the height of the 2020 summer protests. They were doing that just to make themselves look and feel good. It was never genuine and never will be.

The artsy and blipster type who listens to Tyler the Creator, J Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Drake, Gorillaz, indie female artists and indie / alternative music. The type who likes things like H&M, Buzzfeed, Apple, Fashion Nova, Hot Topic, and Gucci. The kind who might have an LSA account and still reads or writes for Ebony, Essence, and Madamenoire. The type who may give 2nd chances to non-Black racists while permanently cutting ties with their best Black friend over something dumb. The kind who sees racism as a minor inconvenience at best and not something that is life-threatening. The type who feeds off proximity to white people, the dominant society, and white or mainstream acceptance.

For the Black guys, the kind who go to Starbucks are the kind who take GQ Magazine too seriously, wax their legs, read or write for theRoot and theGrio, cry to albums like Blonde and MBDTF and IGOR, love dubstep and indie music, might be named Touré or Van Jones or Michael Harriot, love anime, like so-called "edgy" white 4chan humor, watch "Seinfeld" and "Friends" sometimes, and polish their fingernail tips. The kind who sees racism as a minor inconvenience at best and not something that is life-threatening. The type who feeds off proximity to white people, the dominant society, and white or mainstream acceptance.
    IMG_20221114_093709630.jpg
    Going OUT FoR business is a ploy or business tactic some of my former Israeli employers used. Everyone thought it said going out OF business.... We all play the fool sometimes... The only thing that matters are those greenbacks that we spend freely with any and everybody ... 💜 #B1 👁️If you build it I will come ✊🏾