The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Taco Bell Employee Throws Boiling Water on Customer

ART

Royal Sixer
Community Host
Content Contributor
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
View: https://youtu.be/Xz87CBta-9Q

This is cruel but at the same time shorty should have not tried to go behind the counter. There’s just no real reason to go behind the counter other than to escalate whatever the situation is. So I don’t blame the employee that did it…bomb first.
No. That evil racist cave bitch still needs to be imprisoned and both she and Taco Bell needs to be sued. The female customer might have foolishly gone behind the counter during the heat of the moment, but that female employee pouring a huge pot of boiling water on her like that? Self-defense my ass. That was completely unnecessary and downright demonic. That is outright disturbing as well as disgusting. That Jose Alba / Austin Simon / Bodega situation in NY is emboldening these racist roaches that are looking for any little reason to severely maim and murder us.

ART

Royal Sixer
Community Host
Content Contributor
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
So apparently white and non-Black employees have been given the greenlight to maim, harm, and murder Black people with impunity now because "tHeY juST HaVe iT sO hArD." I'm sorry, but the employee's extreme reaction is not justified in this situation.

Also, take a quick look at this YouTube comment section. Peep the subtle racist dogwhistles from the commenters.

264CVJt.jpg
Cu43yL9.jpg
LGbl5sN.jpg

Would these YouTube commenters be celebrating, chanting "self-defense", and having this same energy if this was a Black employee throwing a giant bucket of boiling water on a white or non-Black customer who went behind the counter? Just asking a question.

Because the 3 Black boys from Akron, Ohio ( #AkronThree ) were recently charged with murder when they actually defended themselves from an ambushing suspected WS Ethan Liming shooting at them with a so-called "toy" gun and they are still sitting in prison right now.

Black people need careful with what is being cosigned. I am beginning to see a dangerous precedent being set and things escalating and getting uglier from here.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    So apparently white and non-Black employees have been given the greenlight to maim, harm, and murder Black people with impunity now because "tHeY juST HaVe iT sO hArD." I'm sorry, but the employee's extreme reaction is not justified in this situation.

Also, take a quick look at this YouTube comment section. Peep the subtle racist dogwhistles from the commenters.

264CVJt.jpg
    Cu43yL9.jpg
    LGbl5sN.jpg

Would these YouTube commenters be celebrating, chanting "self-defense", and having this same energy if this was a Black employee throwing a giant bucket of boiling water on a white or non-Black customer who went behind the counter? Just asking a question.

Because the 3 Black boys from Akron, Ohio ( #AkronThree ) were recently charged with murder when they actually defended themselves from an ambushing suspected WS Ethan Liming shooting at them with a so-called "toy" gun and they are still sitting in prison right now.

Black people need careful with what is being cosigned. I am beginning to see a dangerous precedent being set and things escalating and getting uglier from here.
    Absolutely not. They would be talking about how violent we are if we did that to a who’re person.

I’m torn on this one until I know what is being said. What if the ladies are saying:

“I’ll beat your ass bitch don’t make me come behind the counter”

…and then after saying that…they start moving behind the counter. So until I know what was said I can’t judge the actions definitively.

If someone said they was going to beat my ass and made a move im striking first.

That’s been one of our issues as a community, we wait to long to strike.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Absolutely not. They would be talking about how violent we are if we did that to a who’re person.

I’m torn on this one until I know what is being said. What if the ladies are saying:

…and then after saying that…they start moving behind the counter. So until I know what was said I can’t judge the actions definitively.

If someone said they was going to beat my ass and made a move im striking first.

The argument in the video looks like an argument over a refund that has gone completely wrong. But see, what if the employee was also saying some racist shit during the exchange to provoke the customer to react and go behind the counter in the first place?

DarkBeastAoA

Don't worry, Time reveals it all. ...Always does.
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Being on code also means being aware of our surroundings (i.e., the country, state, city we live in, the world-state we live in as blk folks, understanding the particular (wyt) ppl we are dealing with and have historically dealt with, and that nothing has changed). Knowing that ornery & entitlement makes for a bad recipe in conflict, one which won't leave you guiltless. (Cannot enact justice while being guilty.) What is the conflict about? What's the stakes? What's the gamble? Before engaging, ask yourself is this a win for you and your ppl, or just for your ego? What tactics and strategies do we utilize for the best outcome in our favor? And be ready at all times; even for something as simply going out to your favorite restaurant.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The argument in the video looks like an argument over a refund that has gone completely wrong. But see, what if the employee was also saying some racist shit during the exchange to provoke the customer to react and go behind the counter in the first place?
    That’s why I said I cannot give a judgment until I know what is being said. On a non-Black site I’d never take any other side but on here we have to have healthy dialogue about to handle situations. If they were talking big shit and got they ass kicked it is what it is. A lot of Black people are dead weight

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Knowing that ornery & entitlement makes for a bad recipe in conflict, one which won't leave you guiltless. (Cannot enact justice while being guilty.) What is the conflict about? What's the stakes? What's the gamble? Before engaging, ask yourself is this a win for you and your ppl, or just for your ego? What tactics and strategies do we utilize for the best outcome in our favor?
    Expertly said brother. So many Black people refuse to accept that we are in a war zone and need to act accordingly. While I’ll refrain from commenting on the situation I do have to ask…

Was it worth it?

What could one possibly purchase at Taco Bell that is worth getting into a fight over? What could one possibly purchase at a Taco Bell that would make you want to go behind the counter for any reason?

To me, everything that happens in a Taco Bell can be charged to the game. But that’s just me.

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We can speculate either way. If the Black
    Women threatened the employees and then took a step behind the counter would you look at the situation differently?

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We can speculate either way. If the Black
    Women threatened the employees and then took a step behind the counter would you look at the situation differently?
    Does it warrant giving the customer 3rd degree burns? I also didn't see any of the customers pull out any weapons. And I just (unfortunately) re-watched the video again and if you look carefully at 0:59 of the video, you can see that after one of the Black customers pushed a white employee, another white female employee (not the one they were arguing with) sneakily ran toward the 2 Black customers with boilimg water and threw the gigantic pot of boiling hot water on at least one of the 2 Black customers before they ran back to their work station like a coward. The employee that committed the heinous act wasn't even involved in the argument. They took it upon themselves to do that and decided to get themselves involved the way they did.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It was a manager that committed this inhumane act. The manager is an unhinged white Hispanic female.

WATCH: Video of Texas fast-food employees allegedly pouring boiling water on customers made public​

A lawsuit has been filed against multiple defendants after woman and child accuse Taco Bell employees pouring boiling water on them after addressing wrongly-made order.

By: O. Gloria Okorie
    Posted at 5:53 PM, Jul 21, 2022

and last updated 5:05 PM, Jul 22, 2022

DALLAS — A woman and child are suing Taco Bell after alleging employees poured scalding, boiled water on them -causing severe burns and trauma- as they tried to address a wrongly-made order.

According to one of the retained attorneys, Ben Crump, Brittany Davis and the minor identified as C.T. were customers of the Taco Bell on 11829 Abrams Road in Dallas, via drive-thru and entered the dining room after their order was prepared wrong twice. Crump said the two were locked inside by the employees.

Brittany Davis and C.T. are both Black. The manager was described as a Hispanic female, according to the lawsuit. The lawsuit identifies Davis and C.T. as sisters.

The lawsuit additionally claims an employee exited the store and laughed, clapped and taunted the family; Crump and Grinke saying "adding insult to horrific injury" on the incident.

The prominent civil rights attorney and Paul Grinke of McCathern Law said the customers tried to resolve the issue regarding the $30 order when the employees became 'combative' with Davis and C.T. Shortly afterwards, a manager came from behind the counter with a bucket of boiling water and dumped it on both C.T. and Davis. The pair escaped the store before the same manager could pour a second bucket of boiling water.

Their attorneys said that Davis and C.T. both suffered deep, severe burns to 'large portions' of their bodies. In a statement, Crump and Grinke said Davis began to seize while en route to the hospital from the severity of her injuries and was life-flighted to Parkland's ICU burn unit in Dallas. The lawsuit said Davis had at least 10 seizures upon arriving to the hospital.

Video footage of the incident allegedly shows one of the employees brandishing a weapon, the attorneys said in an updated statement.
    "Brittany and C.T. barely escaped this nightmare of an establishment with their lives and will have to live with the damage done here forever. There needs to be a deep and thorough investigation as to why these employees were so violent and why employees had a firearm on the property of a Taco Bell,” the statement read.

The lawsuit lists Yum! Brands, Taco Bell Corp., Taco Bell of America, Taco Bell #22872, North Texas Bells, and two employees as the defendants. The charges listed against the defendants include negligence by the individual employees, negligent hiring and failure to control and prevent injuries to their customers, premises liability, and gross negligence, according to the attorneys.

"Our hearts break for these two victims whose lives are forever changed because of the horrific and managing actions by the Taco Bell manager and the larger entities that failed to protect the safety of their customers," Crump and Grinke said in a joint statement. "Not only did [they] suffer physical trauma because of the burns, but they will now live with the psychological trauma that comes with an attack like this."

Crump and Grinke said they are seeking $1,000,000 in actual damages, with the final amount to be decided by a jury.
    Taco Bell has been contacted for comment.

Source: Taco Bell employees accused of pouring boiling water on customers

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose

Where was security?! That's THE reasonable response. Throwing boiling water on someone is and should NOT be the go to option to de-escalate a verbal altercation! That was an intentional and disproportionate response and is the rationale used in a court of law. Solution: STOP frequenting THEIR eateries! When there is NO customer base to support that economy they'll act right and show us respect.

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose
    It was a manager that committed this inhumane act. The manager is an unhinged white Hispanic female.

WATCH: Video of Texas fast-food employees allegedly pouring boiling water on customers made public​

A lawsuit has been filed against multiple defendants after woman and child accuse Taco Bell employees pouring boiling water on them after addressing wrongly-made order.

By: O. Gloria Okorie
    Posted at 5:53 PM, Jul 21, 2022

and last updated 5:05 PM, Jul 22, 2022

DALLAS — A woman and child are suing Taco Bell after alleging employees poured scalding, boiled water on them -causing severe burns and trauma- as they tried to address a wrongly-made order.

According to one of the retained attorneys, Ben Crump, Brittany Davis and the minor identified as C.T. were customers of the Taco Bell on 11829 Abrams Road in Dallas, via drive-thru and entered the dining room after their order was prepared wrong twice. Crump said the two were locked inside by the employees.

Brittany Davis and C.T. are both Black. The manager was described as a Hispanic female, according to the lawsuit. The lawsuit identifies Davis and C.T. as sisters.

The lawsuit additionally claims an employee exited the store and laughed, clapped and taunted the family; Crump and Grinke saying "adding insult to horrific injury" on the incident.

The prominent civil rights attorney and Paul Grinke of McCathern Law said the customers tried to resolve the issue regarding the $30 order when the employees became 'combative' with Davis and C.T. Shortly afterwards, a manager came from behind the counter with a bucket of boiling water and dumped it on both C.T. and Davis. The pair escaped the store before the same manager could pour a second bucket of boiling water.

Their attorneys said that Davis and C.T. both suffered deep, severe burns to 'large portions' of their bodies. In a statement, Crump and Grinke said Davis began to seize while en route to the hospital from the severity of her injuries and was life-flighted to Parkland's ICU burn unit in Dallas. The lawsuit said Davis had at least 10 seizures upon arriving to the hospital.

Video footage of the incident allegedly shows one of the employees brandishing a weapon, the attorneys said in an updated statement.
    "Brittany and C.T. barely escaped this nightmare of an establishment with their lives and will have to live with the damage done here forever. There needs to be a deep and thorough investigation as to why these employees were so violent and why employees had a firearm on the property of a Taco Bell,” the statement read.

The lawsuit lists Yum! Brands, Taco Bell Corp., Taco Bell of America, Taco Bell #22872, North Texas Bells, and two employees as the defendants. The charges listed against the defendants include negligence by the individual employees, negligent hiring and failure to control and prevent injuries to their customers, premises liability, and gross negligence, according to the attorneys.

"Our hearts break for these two victims whose lives are forever changed because of the horrific and managing actions by the Taco Bell manager and the larger entities that failed to protect the safety of their customers," Crump and Grinke said in a joint statement. "Not only did [they] suffer physical trauma because of the burns, but they will now live with the psychological trauma that comes with an attack like this."

Crump and Grinke said they are seeking $1,000,000 in actual damages, with the final amount to be decided by a jury.
    Taco Bell has been contacted for comment.

Source: Taco Bell employees accused of pouring boiling water on customers
    Nah, immediately put off when Ben Chump's name surfaced! No longer interested👎🏿

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    If I worked at one of these spots and someone talking about coming behind the counter to beat my ass and they proceed to come behind the counter, I am going to use whatever I have to defend myself. Boiling water was a choice though... I am sure there were other options that could have gotten the woman to step back.

I would not want to work for a fast food spot, I can tell you that.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If I worked at one of these spots and someone talking about coming behind the counter to beat my ass and they proceed to come behind the counter, I am going to use whatever I have to defend myself. Boiling water was a choice though... I am sure there were other options that could have gotten the woman to step back.

That's where I'm at. But I also know they would not have thrown boiling water on a white person, they knew there would be consequences for that. I don't like what the employees did but I think that we have to be mindful of what we do as Black people because we are not a protected group. The government does not value our lives and that trickles down the racial caste system.

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose

Other customary response was to call security! Does not however negate the customer's unreasonable action which is unlawful.

Barida

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Native American
    Origin
    USA
    She has no right to have maim her in that manner. I understand that the customer might have made some provocative remarks during the course of the altercation and even went further by crossing boundaries. But, what happens to calling security on them? These whites act like they own the place and can do anything and not punished. This is wickedness!

OaklanderForever

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    One thing about "service "employees that is becoming more and more evident (from what I've seen) is that they do not have the best attitudes when it comes to serving a patron / customer.
    It is not my fault that you "chose " to work there..But I also know understand and respect Food service employees enough to not mess with them..They are handling my food..
    In closing I will ask..What happened to the customer is always right?🤷🏾‍♂️✌🏾

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    That's where I'm at. But I also know they would not have thrown boiling water on a white person, they knew there would be consequences for that. I don't like what the employees did but I think that we have to be mindful of what we do as Black people because we are not a protected group. The government does not value our lives and that trickles down the racial caste system.
    They just assume every black person is going to fly off so they have to be excessive. It is racial profiling, the same BS the cops do. They just assume all black people are violent. Yeah, she should not have been saying crap and walking behind the counter but this clearly was a reaction of race. Had it been a white woman, she probably wouldn't have felt as threatened. They get told to fear us by news, cops, and false statistics when there are just as many loud, violent, and arrogant white women, if not more.

JerriBun

Master Sixer
    Super Moderator
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Those viral videos going around of people destroying eateries for whatever reason is gonna get a lot of folks messed up. Either you're a customer thinking you can just walk behind the counter and possibly do whatever you want, or you're an employee with an extreme reaction. Here, both of them met in the same video.

Christybabe

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is so horrible. I have worked in a fastfood restaurant before and I have never being rude to any customer. Sometimes customers do get on my nerves but I try to control it and give them as many options as possible. As an entrepreneur, some customers will make statements that may warrant me to be rude to them or ask them out of my establishment but I do so in a diplomatic way without them knowing my intentions. Pouring hot water on them was too much,na too much.