The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Tariq Finally Saw The New Black Panther Movie EDIT: Tariq Said He Was Set Up By Immigrants!

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
Super Moderator
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Oh oh. He got some splain’n to do. LOL Was he playing a part in the documentary coming out?
No spainin necessary. He wanted some locs & he bought himself some, I wish he would've used an FBA loc technician, though. Anyway, let that man live.
At least Tariq didn't go this far:

JerriBun

Master Sixer
Super Moderator
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
WHO DID THIS???
Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
Super Moderator
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Tariq clears up everything at the 13:00 minute mark:
The Killmonger locs were all a setup by some immigrants and sex offenders to take down our brother! A non-FBA woman made Tariq go to the braid shop, sit for several hours through the whole weave process, get his hair did, and then spin in his chair like an IG baddie to show off his new 'do! To top all of that off, the damn sex offender is the one who leaked the pics. This is a travesty!
IMG-20221207-235116-100-x-117-pixel.png

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
The Killmonger locs were all a setup by some immigrants and sex offenders to take down our brother!
There are plenty of legit things to critique Tariq on (pettiness being one). Whomever the person or persons are what makes their whole issue with him seem illegitimate are the constant posting of things that they know are either outright lies or completely out of context.

Doing this also tends to prove Tariq's point that they come from a lying, scamming culture.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Man I know if a barber is messing up my hair based on the pattern of the clippers so there is no excuse here. It may not have come out how he imagined but it’s definitely what he ordered. Also he let her take pictures too so it’s hard to believe the story of being set up.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    There are plenty of legit things to critique Tariq on (pettiness being one). Whomever the person or persons are what makes their whole issue with him seem illegitimate are the constant posting of things that they know are either outright lies or completely out of context.

Doing this also tends to prove Tariq's point that they come from a lying, scamming culture.
    That nigga Tariq makes cartoons of people with they asses poked out and all type of other shit but whenever someone goes in on him suddenly “going in” is wrong. For every boochie bear there’s an equal and opposite Tarika…that’s Newton’s 3rd law breh.

JerriBun

Master Sixer
    Super Moderator
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

standing one piece GIF

JerriBun

Master Sixer
    Super Moderator
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

The Killmonger locs were all a setup by some immigrants and sex offenders to take down our brother! A non-FBA woman made Tariq go to the braid shop, sit for several hours through the whole weave process, get his hair did, and then spin in his chair like an IG baddie to show off his new 'do! To top all of that off, the damn sex offender is the one who leaked the pics. This is a travesty!
    View attachment 5702
    Ryan Gosling Reaction GIF

TekhNiqo

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Tariq does some good things but sometimes he do too much in my opinion. He has to realize that he has the attention of Black people so what he does and says is going to be magnified a 100 fold and when you roast people's hairlines people are going to go at you when you do something like that so you gotta be able to take it if you're going to dish it out.

On the other hand this FBA vs Pan African thing is getting out of hand and it's turning into a lot of ignorant babble about "Africans sold us out" or "They never did nothing..." We wouldn't have a John Henrik Clarke if it wasn't for our brothers ans sisters in the diaspora and when we look at the history Africans knew how they got to America but they weren't blaming each other they felt like they had been tricked. We start to see the Idea of Africa form because of our enslavement. I'm going to do an updated overview of slavery soon. I'm just trying to get to this winter break so I have the time to do it right.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Tariq does some good things but sometimes he do too much in my opinion. He has to realize that he has the attention of Black people so what he does and says is going to be magnified a 100 fold and when you roast people's hairlines people are going to go at you when you do something like that so you gotta be able to take it if you're going to dish it out.

On the other hand this FBA vs Pan African thing is getting out of hand and it's turning into a lot of ignorant babble about "Africans sold us out" or "They never did nothing..." We wouldn't have a John Henrik Clarke if it wasn't for our brothers ans sisters in the diaspora and when we look at the history Africans knew how they got to America but they weren't blaming each other they felt like they had been tricked. We start to see the Idea of Africa form because of our enslavement. I'm going to do an updated overview of slavery soon. I'm just trying to get to this winter break so I have the time to do it right.
    I like your perspective it's reasonable and objective. Constantly blaming Caribbeans and Africans for every single thing is pushing nationalism and xenophobia and he continuously throws matches on the flame. The fact that he blamed this hairstyle on Black Immigrants is one more example of how he is fanning the flames.

I personally believe that Tariq was always a necessary evil but I think he's starting to outlive his usefulness. The chaos and confusion he is causing is outweighing the benefits of his DVDs.

TekhNiqo

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I like your perspective it's reasonable and objective. Constantly blaming Caribbeans and Africans for every single thing is pushing nationalism and xenophobia and he continuously throws matches on the flame. The fact that he blamed this hairstyle on Black Immigrants is one more example of how he is fanning the flames.

I personally believe that Tariq was always a necessary evil but I think he's starting to outlive his usefulness. The chaos and confusion he is causing is outweighing the benefits of his DVDs.
    I agree with a lot of what you said and I have been critical of Tariq lately. I put him in a similar category as Umar Johnson because I do think at their core they mean well but they have an ego. I can admit I have this too to a degree and I constantly try and humble myself because it's a trap we all can fall into. However I think his best utility is pushing a message and bringing our scholars together so we can hear the message. So as long as he can do that he has a use but I think he's in danger of losing that said audience as we get closer to knowing the truth because the truth isn't that Africans outside the US are the enemy. Our people have to be careful of the "Superman" complex as J.A Rogers described because the people who agree with what Tariq said haven't investigated the history for themselves but just taking his word for it. However the truth is going to come out those inaccuracies that people are now spewing will become hollow and people will look at the progenitor of those sentiments differently. It's okay to admit when you're wtong, that's how we grow but when you become fearful of that...mistakes are perpetuated.

TekhNiqo

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

If you notice in debates when he gets stuck he starts to try and roast or call them moist but people notice. The Elders certainly notice but there is a policy that certain issues be handled in private but I remember people dealt with Sa Neter until Sa Neter lost his audience. The goofy antics attracts people imho because as prolific as Dr.Maat and so many others are...hardly anyone is on their platforms or following them despite having the wealth of knowledge that Tariq puts in his videos. His role is more of a Legba than Ogun or Sango in my opinion and I'll leave it at that. I'm trying to be better yself about critiquing certain people but I feel more comfortable here because ya'll are my family.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I agree with a lot of what you said and I have been critical of Tariq lately. I put him in a similar category as Umar Johnson because I do think at their core they mean well but they have an ego. I can admit I have this too to a degree and I constantly try and humble myself because it's a trap we all can fall into. However I think his best utility is pushing a message and bringing our scholars together so we can hear the message. So as long as he can do that he has a use but I think he's in danger of losing that said audience as we get closer to knowing the truth because the truth isn't that Africans outside the US are the enemy. Our people have to be careful of the "Superman" complex as J.A Rogers described because the people who agree with what Tariq said haven't investigated the history for themselves but just taking his word for it. However the truth is going to come out those inaccuracies that people are now spewing will become hollow and people will look at the progenitor of those sentiments differently. It's okay to admit when you're wtong, that's how we grow but when you become fearful of that...mistakes are perpetuated.
    Facts fax. The whole “we are not from Africa” is so anti-intellectual. He got niggas running around with Indian feathers talking about we the real Indians. It’s so silly and illogical.

The point you made about his ego is so true. He always says that when you have a white supremacist on the ropes they start trolling.

…he does the exact same thing.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If you notice in debates when he gets stuck he starts to try and roast or call them moist but people notice. The Elders certainly notice but there is a policy that certain issues be handled in private but I remember people dealt with Sa Neter until Sa Neter lost his audience. The goofy antics attracts people imho because as prolific as Dr.Maat and so many others are...hardly anyone is on their platforms or following them despite having the wealth of knowledge that Tariq puts in his videos. His role is more of a Legba than Ogun or Sango in my opinion and I'll leave it at that. I'm trying to be better yself about critiquing certain people but I feel more comfortable here because ya'll are my family.

No one is above criticism not even me and I made this platform. If I was unwilling to listen to you all and belittled you when you had critiques could you believe me if I said I built this for us? When someone acts like that they are showing you whose interests they are working in and it’s probably not yours.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yo!!!! I just caught that Umar was right below him....Umar is in the same boat too but again their hearts are in the right place but ego is almost like spiritual poison.
    The difference is that Umar admitted to wearing the Frederick Douglas wig. IIRC, he claimed that the wig was for a movie role that he tried out for. The internet roasted Umar, too, but he let everybody get their jokes off before he went back to his usual shtick.
    Tariq made it sound in the video above that he was kidnapped, drugged, and beautified against his will. If he would've just said that he tried a new hairstyle but didn't like it, nobody would've said much.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Remember what was said about support....I've supported both brothers and what they are doing is phenomenal. What Jay has done IS phenomenal so I would say before we critique build something first for the people there are levels to all of this find tour level and get to work! B1✊🏿💯.....weave all had a bad hair day! 😜😂😅🤣 this was Tariq 's!

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Remember what was said about support....I've supported both brothers and what they are doing is phenomenal. What Jay has done IS phenomenal so I would say before we critique build something first for the people there are levels to all of this find tour level and get to work! B1✊🏿💯.....weave all had a bad hair day! 😜😂😅🤣 this was Tariq 's!
    So we can donate but we can't critique? Remember this whole country popped off because they was giving up the money but couldn't critique.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Not saying that Brother we donate to the system of white supremacy everyday and many of us have nothing to say.......not saying don't critique just be constructive about it some of us are attempting to tear the brothers down and haven't shown anything that they've attempted to build or given any ideas of how to get our people out of this mess! We put too much into wanting to put a man or woman as a thought leader or celebrity instead of putting in the work ourselves! I see alot of envy and jealousy in our community instead of support which would move us forward and out of stagnation. B1✊🏿

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Not saying that Brother we donate to the system of white supremacy everyday and many of us have nothing to say.......not saying don't critique just be constructive about it some of us are attempting to tear the brothers down and haven't shown anything that they've attempted to build or given any ideas of how to get our people out of this mess! We put too much into wanting to put a man or woman as a thought leader or celebrity instead of putting in the work ourselves! I see alot of envy and jealousy in our community instead of support which would move us forward and out of stagnation. B1✊🏿
    But do you see that here because if you don’t why would you insinuate it? I’m not attacking you but if we are just having debate and you step in and say stop critiquing then you are sneak telling us to stop talking about whatever we are. How can we determine if someone is helpful to us if we can’t speak on him? Outright bashing is one thing but commenting on how they treat the community is fair play.

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I rock with you on this but only when it comes to outsiders. Like if you ain’t out no money up then you shouldn’t be speaking on the issue. But if you put money up at one time or another and you ain’t happy with how your money was handled then you have the right to speak your mind.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Bars!

ProMoatBlack

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I rock with you on this but only when it comes to outsiders. Like if you ain’t out no money up then you shouldn’t be speaking on the issue. But if you put money up at one time or another and you ain’t happy with how your money was handled then you have the right to speak your mind.
    I respect this sentiment. Gotta put your money where your mouth is. If you do you definitely have more leverage to critique.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    But do you see that here because if you don’t why would you insinuate it? I’m not attacking you but if we are just having debate and you step in and say stop critiquing then you are sneak telling us to stop talking about whatever we are. How can we determine if someone is helpful to us if we can’t speak on him? Outright bashing is one thing but commenting on how they treat the community is fair play.
    Where did I tell anyone to NOT critique??!! Maybe read what I stated again......further more you all can engage how you wish I don't control anyone's keyboard but mine and at this point just providing my perspective. That being said TN's hair was F'd up and it was funny has nothing to do with his accomplishments. ✌🏿 B1✊🏿💯

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Where did I tell anyone to NOT critique??!! Maybe read what I stated again......further more you all can engage how you wish I don't control anyone's keyboard but mine and at this point just providing my perspective. That being said TN's hair was F'd up and it was funny has nothing to do with his accomplishments. ✌🏿 B1✊🏿💯
    I never said you did brother. I simply said why would you say “stop unconstructive criticism” in a spot that had productive cricitiism? My point was that you must have thought that it was unproductive for you to say it. If I’m wrong I will take my L with pride.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I never said you did brother. I simply said why would you say “stop unconstructive criticism” in a spot that had productive cricitiism? My point was that you must have thought that it was unproductive for you to say it. If I’m wrong I will take my L with pride.
    It's all good Brother it's just my opinion and I don't force that on anyone. 1❣️B1✊🏿💯

D

Deleted member 1946

View attachment 5702
    It is a travesty. Set him up.