The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Tattoos & Body Piercings - They too mainstream now?

eclipsed

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Most people I know have one or both. Some have many tats or many piercings while some only have a few. I even know an older woman in her 70's who has 3 of them. I feel like they have officially become mainstream and in that sense, they shouldn't be viewed as something "trashy" or "negative" when it comes to work or careers. Like I guess certain ones can still count as those things. Lord knows you don't want to be applying to be a pastor at a church with a naked woman on your forarm! But generally speaking, they shouldn't be viewed like they were just 30 years back. I feel like both hinder people's abilities to be hired for certain jobs, especially if they are black men. Black women have more leeway but unless you are looking all kinds of strange as a white person, no one bats an eye.

Kind of became two topics here. lol Feel free to touch on either or.

Geoff

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
On a woman, they’re definitely trashy. I remember reading an article that said a ton of white women in their 30’s are getting them removed, as they look for a husband. Even they know that’s not a good look.

my 2 youngest sisters just got matching tatts. Thankfully they’re somewhat hidden and not anything really ugly.

D

Deleted member 1946

It really depends on the location and what you get. I think certain areas like the face or neck are trashy no matter what. I also think if you’re going into a professional career like being a doctor or something, you shouldn’t be covered in tatts. I don’t have either one though so maybe that’s just me.
I feel the same exact way you do. And some tattoos I see don't look good. The tattoo artist was not good.