The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Tensions Between FBA & Black Immigrants: Your Thoughts

CarlX

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Did you ever ask him why the people in his homeland live in abject poverty?
He is a very nice man. I really like the guy. I did not want to offend him. He never bragged about Nigeria, but I had another friend with a law degree who was from Nairobi, Kenya and to hear him tell it, Kenya was Paradise On Earth. The immigrants who lie about their countries are used to lying to ignorant white people who don't know any better. When they run up on someone like me, it's a shock to their system. I research these countries. I talk to people in them. I have people on tge ground in many of them.

CarlX

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
On top of that all you have to do is look at Nigeria, if they had all the answers they wouldn’t be coming here. Eko Atlantic is being built by Chinese not by Nigerians, they should be ashamed. They have natural resources and still flee then call us lazy, we let the disrespect go for too long.

“Why are they so lazy?” But just got rescued from this shit in the land of all the resources.

View attachment 1546
So very true. The irony is that there are far more Black billionaires in Africa than America. Nigeria is an OPEC nation. Conditions in many parts of Nigeria are astounding and sad. I had a friend in Lagos whose mom was dying from cancer. She'd beg me for money fir testing. She had four adult siblings, but had to beg an old man in America for money to help her mom. I helped her, but really shouldn't have had to. These are your industrious, proud Nigerians...

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    So very true. The irony is that there are far more Black billionaires in Africa than America. Nigeria is an OPEC nation. Conditions in many parts of Nigeria are astounding and sad. I had a friend in Lagos whose mom was dying from cancer. She'd beg me for money fir testing. She had four adult siblings, but had to beg an old man in America for money to help her mom. I helped her, but really shouldn't have had to. These are your industrious, proud Nigerians...
    Yup it’s all a scam. We have a racial caste system here in the USA and a lot of Black Immigrants don’t want to be lumped on the bottom with us. They’ll step on our back to snatch a crumb off the table of white supremacy sand it’s sad. Good thing is it’s being called out now. Hopefully we as Black Americans can reverse our plight in the next 25 years and start setting a new tone for what it is to be Black and on code.

Rex Lawrence

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Oh he was a coon, makes sense.

Support Yes GIF by Tristen J. Winger
    Until a problem can be faced honestly, it cannot be solved.if
    Yes, however that was decades ago. I recently had this discussion with one of my staff a few months ago also. All have said that corrupt political leadership is a primary source of trouble. He said that during elections even the economy lags .

Rex Lawrence

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I never said ALL and would never say ALL. I said MOST. And what I said applies to most. Again, I don't hate Black immigrants and never will. But I refuse to pretend that they are allies of FBAs when they clearly are not.

The notion of a Black diaspora is comical because there exists no unity between FBAs, Caribbeans and Africans.

I have a friend from Nigeria now living in PA. We worked together as paralegals years ago. He had a law degree in Nigeria or London, but never passed the bar exam. He's taken it several times since I last saw him. He told me he's worked various odd jobs over the years since moving from Long Island to PA. Very nice guy, but acting like ALL Nigerians are success stories is comical. There are Nigerians who sit on the Internet all day pretending to be white men/white women and Forex traders -- SCAM ARTISTS. There are many Nigerian women who beg men online for money. So if we want to talk about "model" Blacks like Nigerians, let's also talk about the SCAM ARTISTS and hustlers too, but y'all don't have the balls as men to have that conversation.

This notion that all FBAs chase sex, are lazy and lack motivation is laughable and offensive.I had two sick parents (heart disease, Parkinson's) in the 90s and a sibling with Down Syndrome while working full-time as a mail carrier in another county and going to school part-time at night. I obtained my degree in 1996. I lost both parents in 1997. A lazy person would not have persevered for years like I did while dealing with all that I dealt with. And there are more like me, but people like you won't know that because you get your cowardly white talking points from cowardly white mainstream media like CNN (Clown News Network), MSNBC and FOX Noose. Some FBAs must have bullied you cats in middle school and you never received therapy for the emotional scars. Sad human beings.
    Everything doesn't apply to everyone, that should be an assumed understanding.

I have had ample opportunity to observe the actions and attitudes of a great number of people, so you are unable to refute or "correct" what I have witnessed, no matter how distasteful the conclusions may be.

It is difficult to have a reasonably intelligent conversation with someone who attempts to attack any comment that doesn't echo his opinion. The reference to my observations as being "talking points" from various news media, and insinuations about imagined past bullying, is disappointing.

Finally, I commend you for persevering in spite of a challenging family situation.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    All have said that corrupt political leadership is a primary source of trouble. He said that during elections even the economy lags .
    So corrupt political leadership is justification for their failures and abandoning of their homeland but when we say corrupt political leadership and racism is holding us back we’re just being lazy and not speaking the language properly?

That’s just people echoing white supremacist talking points. If corrupt politicians are justification for a lack of advancement that should apply everywhere.

Rex Lawrence

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    So corrupt political leadership is justification for their failures and abandoning of their homeland but when we say corrupt political leadership and racism is holding us back we’re just being lazy and not speaking the language properly?

That’s just people echoing white supremacist talking points. If corrupt politicians are justification for a lack of advancement that should apply everywhere.
    Is it possible to discuss any topic here without it becoming a debate?

You have remixed my comment to fit your narrative rather than move the discussion forward.

Also, do you really think that corrupt politicians have not had a negative impact on our progression the US, but not that of the Africans under colonialism ?

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Is it possible to discuss any topic here without it becoming a debate?

You have remixed my comment to fit your narrative rather than move the discussion forward.

Also, do you really think that corrupt politicians have not had a negative impact on our progression the US, but not that of the Africans under colonialism ?

What’s your expectation? For you to be able to say something and then just have people respond “oh cool?”

You basically used a white supremacist tactic by downing Black Americans but with a Black American’s own words. Exhibit A:

What I have learned is that Africans, in the university environment are put off
    By the same issues that Dr Claude Anderson has been talking about for years.
    Then you posted some other white supremacist nonsense saying that we are lazy, want recreation, sex, and don’t talk like white people.
    He was also puzzled by how African Americans spent so much energy on recreation and looking for sex instead of digging in to difficult subjects so they could have financial success after graduation.

He couldn't understand why the way of speech was so different from standard English,
    You could pretend as if you were just recalling his words but you can’t because you co-signed with this comment.
    Until a problem can be faced honestly, it cannot be solved.

So you and that guy think that we are lazy, short-term minded sex crazed people and so you were asked by Boss Hogg:

Basically, if they/y’all are so smart and have it all figured out why did they/y’all flee your countries for white lands? The answer was:

All have said that corrupt political leadership is a primary source of trouble. He said that during elections even the economy lags

I simply asked. So we have to accept that political corruption in an all Black land is justifiable reason for failure. BUT when we say the same thing in an all White owned and ran land we are lazy? We just don’t speak well enough. Man that’s coward talk, thats why Whites and Asians run Africa today cuz Africans so quick to give it up and then run to a white country to hate on other Blacks.

Also you can’t typecast me because I’ve been riding hard for Continental and Caribbean Blacks in this thread. You said white supremacist stuff and got called out, own it.

Rex Lawrence

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What’s your expectation? For you to be able to say something and then just have people respond “oh cool?”

You basically used a white supremacist tactic by downing Black Americans but with a Black American’s own words. Exhibit A:

Then you posted some other white supremacist nonsense saying that we are lazy, want recreation, sex, and don’t talk like white people.

You could pretend as if you were just recalling his words but you can’t because you co-signed with this comment.

So you and that guy think that we are lazy, short-term minded sex crazed people and so you were asked by Boss Hogg:

Basically, if they/y’all are so smart and have it all figured out why did they/y’all flee your countries for white lands? The answer was:

I simply asked. So we have to accept that political corruption in an all Black land is justifiable reason for failure. BUT when we say the same thing in an all White owned and ran land we are lazy? We just don’t speak well enough. Man that’s coward talk, thats why Whites and Asians run Africa today cuz Africans so quick to give it up and then run to a white country to hate on other Blacks.

Also you can’t typecast me because I’ve been riding hard for Continental and Caribbean Blacks in this thread. You said white supremacist stuff and got called out, own it.
    You might have a blind spot when it comes to accepting the failures of Black Americans that occurred from the seventies onward. I will not repeat them here, but they must be honestly recognized.

The dynamics of colonialism were different from the dynamics of American slavery. It seems short sighted to attack the victims of either situation. Of course, you are free to blame them for their inability to adequately escape the negative long term impact of what they suffered. I am not doing that.

If standard English is "talking like white people " and to be rejected, then the suggestion seems to be that a type of pidgin speech is acceptable, and should be embraced.

Can you honestly claim that frequent and promiscuous sex is not a goal of many of our youth. Much more of a goal than getting professional or STEM degrees, or legitimate business formation?

I don't see the value in attacking the failures of Africans and West Indians and developing a narrative that emphasizes the schisms that seem to exist between the two groups.

Also, everything is not personal, I was not "typecasting" anyone. Any comment with which you disagree is not "white racist", such incidiary language seems argumentative and not conducive to a constructive dialogue.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You might have a blind spot when it comes to accepting the failures of Black Americans that occurred from the seventies onward. I will not repeat them here, but they must be honestly recognized.
    You would have a point if on the very first page I wasn’t saying:

Part of it is Black Americans fault because no one is going to respect someone who doesn't respect themselves.

The immigrants got dumped in our neighborhoods and instead of resisting them. We ran to the Koreans to buy hair products, the Arab liquor store to buy beer, the $1 Chinese spot, we did that. While those people resisted doing business with us at all costs.

There’s a reason why all the major “black” institutions promote Black and brown and minority nonsense and why the democrats push it hard…BECAUSE IT WORKED
    So no, I don’t have blinders.

The dynamics of colonialism were different from the dynamics of American slavery. It seems short sighted to attack the victims of either situation. Of course, you are free to blame them for their inability to adequately escape the negative long term impact of what they suffered.

Once again, you’re asking Black Americans to understand the plight of people who doesn’t respect our plight. So I’m supposed to empathize with a Nigerian whose country has a majority of its people in poverty. But then listen to him talk about the failures of my people? How does that make sense? How can you come from a failed land and then lecture other people about why they are failing? If they had the answers they’d be in Nigeria.
    If standard English is "talking like white people " and to be rejected, then the suggestion seems to be that a type of pidgin speech is acceptable, and should be embraced.
    You can talk Standard American English without talking like an Anglo-Saxon so don’t try that. I talk SAE but you can clearly tell I’m Black because of my accent and the AAVE words I throw in. What you’re really saying is that you think AAVE is an inferior language unworthy of respect and that’s a personal issue. Boston White people sound ridiculous when they talk but for some reason we can respect that but AAVE is a bridge too far?

Can you honestly claim that frequent and promiscuous sex is not a goal of many of our youth. Much more of a goal than getting professional or STEM degrees, or legitimate business formation?
    Promiscuous sex is the goal of most youth but most youth have pipelines and support structures to funnel them through society. Every time we make these for ourselves the government comes in an infilitrates it. We made a free children program for our kids through the Black Panthers and J Edgar Hoover said it was the single greatest threat to America. Then police started shredding the supplies and harassing people until the program was destroyed. If feeding our children is a threat you don’t think they are blocking us from STEM programs? That’s not to say to give up but we are playing the game at a different difficulty.

don't see the value in attacking the failures of Africans and West Indians and developing a narrative that emphasizes the schisms that seem to exist between the two groups.
    The problem is your inconsistent ideology. You can’t excuse African and Caribbean failures in their homeland but use their success as a buffer class in the USA as a means to admonish Black Americans in their homeland.

When these people are the main class, they flounder. But when they are a buffer class in a racial caste system and given privileges over others then they succeed? And we supposed to look at them as some shiny beacon to follow?

Hell no. We should be trying to be like MLK not like some dude that abandoned his homeland for the chance to go to Yale, get super coonified, and then work at Microsoft and try to be white.

Last edited:

Czharcus

Truth-Detector
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Shortcuts, the human mind is obsessed with using shortcuts for everything. Basically, every word we use is a shortcut. "Tree" is a shortcut. "Dog" is a shortcut. "Airplane" is a shortcut.

Shortcuts are practical and helpful and whatnot but our brains don't know when to quit. When the FBA speaks of Africans and/or vice versa, we use shortcuts. The thing about shortcuts, they don't actually tell you anything about the thing for which you're using them.

When we describe one another, whatever description we use, however a detailed, is a shortcut. This means basically everything we think about the other is a collection of shortcuts we have convinced ourselves mean something. Then, to add to that, the other side have different interpretations of the same shortcuts.

This is the crux of the tension: everyone thinks their descriptions are accurate not realizing they haven't actually described anything at all. They've just thrown out a bunch of arbitrary concepts and associated them with real things and attributing them to real people.

Also, this entire drawnout explanation was just a shortcut, but an even shorter shortcut would be: we have tension with each other because all of us are giving meaning to meaningless shit.

HeffDawg

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Shortcuts, the human mind is obsessed with using shortcuts for everything. Basically, every word we use is a shortcut. "Tree" is a shortcut. "Dog" is a shortcut. "Airplane" is a shortcut.

Shortcuts are practical and helpful and whatnot but our brains don't know when to quit. When the FBA speaks of Africans and/or vice versa, we use shortcuts. The thing about shortcuts, they don't actually tell you anything about the thing for which you're using them.

When we describe one another, whatever description we use, however a detailed, is a shortcut. This means basically everything we think about the other is a collection of shortcuts we have convinced ourselves mean something. Then, to add to that, the other side have different interpretations of the same shortcuts.

This is the crux of the tension: everyone thinks their descriptions are accurate not realizing they haven't actually described anything at all. They've just thrown out a bunch of arbitrary concepts and associated them with real things and attributing them to real people.

Also, this entire drawnout explanation was just a shortcut, but an even shorter shortcut would be: we have tension with each other because all of us are giving meaning to meaningless shit.
    Breh why you come into serious topics with this gibberish? You better than that.

Rex Lawrence

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You would have a point if on the very first page I wasn’t saying:

So no, I don’t have blinders.

Once again, you’re asking Black Americans to understand the plight of people who doesn’t respect our plight. So I’m supposed to empathize with a Nigerian whose country has a majority of its people in poverty. But then listen to him talk about the failures of my people? How does that make sense? How can you come from a failed land and then lecture other people about why they are failing? If they had the answers they’d be in Nigeria.

Just because a country as failed, the input from an individual can still be valid

You can talk Standard American English without talking like an Anglo-Saxon so don’t try that. I talk SAE but you can clearly tell I’m Black because of my accent and the AAVE words I throw in. What you’re really saying is that you think AAVE is an inferior language unworthy of respect and that’s a personal issue. Boston White people sound ridiculous when they talk but for some reason we can respect that but AAVE is a bridge too far?

I have not excluded regional accents from criticism. However, this s not the time to throw everything in the country into the conversation. I personally have trouble with the poor white Boston, New York, and Southern accents, and avoid them whenever possible.

Promiscuous sex is the goal of most youth but most youth have pipelines and support structures to funnel them through society. Every time we make these for ourselves the government comes in an infilitrates it. We made a free children program for our kids through the Black Panthers and J Edgar Hoover said it was the single greatest threat to America. Then police started shredding the supplies and harassing people until the program was destroyed. If feeding our children is a threat you don’t think they are blocking us from STEM programs? That’s not to say to give up but we are playing the game at a different difficulty.
    I agree. Thank you for admitting that this observation is accurate in your experience also.

The problem is your inconsistent ideology. You can’t excuse African and Caribbean failures in their homeland but use their success as a buffer class in the USA as a means to admonish Black Americans in their homeland.

When these people are the main class, they flounder. But when they are a buffer class in a racial caste system and given privileges over others then they succeed? And we supposed to look at them as some shiny beacon to ufollow?
    The best and brightest make their way into the US and benefit from the superior infrastructure and opportunities.
    Hell no. We should be trying to be like MLK not like some dude that abandoned his homeland for the chance to go to Yale, get super coonified, and then work at Microsoft and try to be white.
    White friends of mine who went to Andover, and other private schools before progressing to an Ivy also abandoned poor and middle class whites. You might find it surprising to see how separated the upper classes are from Mr & Mrs Joe Luncbucket.

I reject the notion that being well-educated and successful, means a person is " trying to be white". However, all this is a deep digression from your primary question.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I agree. Thank you for admitting that this observation is accurate in your experience also.
    I never agreed with you. You said we don’t prioritize STEM and I told you we’re blocked from those opportunities. Middle and High Schools literally funnel Whites and Asians through those programs by setting up accelerated programs that are well funded and then putting all those kids in those classes. Black American kids are left to subpar classes with old text books and a high student to teacher ratio. Oh and let’s not forget the rampant cheating in the Asian community.
    The best and brightest make their way into the US and benefit from the superior infrastructure and opportunities.
    Think about how cowardly this is. The USA is in your homeland stealing all of your resources and plunges you all into poverty. The USA gets rich off of this and amasses a mega army which affords it the ability to steal from even more people. You, being tired of poverty, don’t decide to fight for YOUR resources. You move to the USA because it’s rich and you can get a good job there. But all the wealth there is built off the resources it stole from you and the people around you. Then to make it even worse, you go to the USA and take the white man’s side against the native Black population.

That’s the best and the brightest sell outs. That’s why Africa is in the state it is in because of cowards like the ones you’re exalting.

White friends of mine who went to Andover, and other private schools before progressing to an Ivy also abandoned poor and middle class whites. You might find it surprising to see how separated the upper classes are from Mr & Mrs Joe Luncbucket.

That’s not the same. That’s white people having a class system not Black cowards willing to step on the backs of other Blacks to get favor with White people.

I reject the notion that being well-educated and successful, means a person is " trying to be white".
    I do too. But telling us to talk like anglos, act like anglos, and cater to Anglo sensibilities to be successful is definitely “trying to be white”. Europeans and the culture they have created has been some of the most thieving, lying , two-timing, degenerate crap this world has ever seen. But you on a Black Empowerment message board caping for status quo. Telling us that we need to figure out how to live within white supremacy rather than eradicate it.

You on here caping for dudes who was shitting in a river 10 years ago and now sticking their nose up at Black Americans. Who have fought tooth and nail living in a white supremacist lane.

You give the US Government a pass when you say Black Americans are lazy. No one could hold a candle to us if we weren’t sabotaged at every turn.

Those coons come here and assimilate and tuck their tails at racism they are a net negative to society.

Rex Lawrence

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I never agreed with you. You said we don’t prioritize STEM and I told you we’re blocked from those opportunities. Middle and High Schools literally funnel Whites and Asians through those programs by setting up accelerated programs that are well funded and then putting all those kids in those classes. Black American kids are left to subpar classes with old text books and a high student to teacher ratio. Oh and let’s not forget the rampant cheating in the Asian community.

Think about how cowardly this is. The USA is in your homeland stealing all of your resources and plunges you all into poverty. The USA gets rich off of this and amasses a mega army which affords it the ability to steal from even more people. You, being tired of poverty, don’t decide to fight for YOUR resources. You move to the USA because it’s rich and you can get a good job there. But all the wealth there is built off the resources it stole from you and the people around you. Then to make it even worse, you go to the USA and take the white man’s side against the native Black population.

That’s the best and the brightest sell outs. That’s why Africa is in the state it is in because of cowards like the ones you’re exalting.

That’s not the same. That’s white people having a class system not Black cowards willing to step on the backs of other Blacks to get favor with White people.
    Both conditions are similar enough.
    I do too. But telling us to talk like anglos, act like anglos, and cater to Anglo sensibilities to be successful is definitely “trying to be white”. Europeans and the culture they have created has been some of the most thieving, lying , two-timing, degenerate crap this world has ever seen. But you on a Black Empowerment message board caping for status quo. Telling us that we need to figure out how to live within white supremacy rather than eradicate it.
    You are over reaching a bit; My comment is that speaking standard English is an important component to the skills needed to advance in society, generally speaking.
    You on here caping for dudes who was shitting in a river 10 years ago and now sticking their nose up at Black Americans. Who have fought tooth and nail living in a white supremacist lane.

You give the US Government a pass when you say Black Americans are lazy. No one could hold a candle to us if we weren’t sabotaged at every turn.
    I agree that we are sabotaged.
    Those coons come here and assimilate and tuck their tails at racism they are a net negative to society.
    That is too sweeping a generalizations for me.

Rex Lawrence

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Africans have been sabotaged by colonialism. The US provides a better infrastructure for success than most countries.
    No one is blocked from STEM education. There are countless free classes online.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You are over reaching a bit; My comment is that speaking standard English is an important component to the skills needed to advance in society, generally speaking.
    Yes because White supremacists control all the resources and dictate what is proper. You’re the type that will tell Black people to cut their hair to blend in with society rather than check White people for their racism. You’re the type that would tell a Black person to not pronounce:

Ask like Axe because it’s not proper but then accept a Bostonian pronouncing Car Keys like Khakis.

That is too sweeping a generalizations for me.
    So all the generalizations you were making about what 40 million Black Americans being sex starved and not liking Science, tech, eng, math were cool but calling the immigrants cowards was too sweeping. Your logic isn’t consistent.

Africans have been sabotaged by colonialism. The US provides a better infrastructure for success than most countries.
    No one is blocked from STEM education. There are countless free classes online.
    Yes they have but they should fix the land in which they have been sabotaged instead of coming to Black Americans land and taking our oppressor’s side against us.

The US provides better infrastructure because it’s build off African labor in Black Americans and the resources it steals all across the world including Africa. If you’re cool with Europe doing that just say so.

Rex Lawrence

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yes because White supremacists control all the resources and dictate what is proper. You’re the type that will tell Black people to cut their hair to blend in with society rather than check White people for their racism. You’re the type that would tell a Black person to not pronounce:

Ask like Axe because it’s not proper but then accept a Bostonian pronouncing Car Keys like Khakis.

So all the generalizations you were making about what 40 million Black Americans being sex starved and not liking Science, tech, eng, math were cool but calling the immigrants cowards was too sweeping. Your logic isn’t consistent.

Yes they have but they should fix the land in which they have been sabotaged instead of coming to Black Americans land and taking our oppressor’s side against us.

The US provides better infrastructure because it’s build off African labor in Black Americans and the resources it steals all across the world including Africa. If you’re cool with Europe doing that just say so.
    I already stated that I disliked the lower class Boston accent. I also dislike "axe" instead of "ask".

I never said that anyone should cut their hair, your assertion was a complete strawman. However, adopting a conservative style of grooming might work for those who seek to excel in a traditional corporate structure - no matter if the person is white or Black.

I never said "ALL" Black Americans did anything. That is high school debate talk.

The struggle against colonialism in not finished in Africa. Meanwhile it makes sense to take advantage of the infrastructure of the developed world. Black Americans should do it too.

The main challenge of Black Americans Today is to extinguish the elements of our culture that are holding us back from realizing our potential more fully. The whites are rapidly declining demographically worldwide. It is a waste of time to complain instead of moving forward aggressively.

Finally, as a husband, a father, an employer since my mid-twenties, a landlord, a person who taught at university level, an alum of the best public university in the US, and a published author, I have come to appreciate the ability to discuss even hot topics in a cool-headed manner, and to avoid heightened emotions during such discussions.

In my world this topic would have examined future scenarios for bilateral improved relations between the two groups, or strategies to help the children of both groups find common ground. Not this angry debate format.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I already stated that I disliked the lower class Boston accent. I also dislike "axe" instead of "ask".

I never said that anyone should cut their hair, your assertion was a complete strawman. However, adopting a conservative style of grooming might work for those who seek to excel in a traditional corporate structure - no matter if the person is white or Black.

I never said "ALL" Black Americans did anything. That is high school debate talk.

The struggle against colonialism in not finished in Africa. Meanwhile it makes sense to take advantage of the infrastructure of the developed world. Black Americans should do it too.

The main challenge of Black Americans Today is to extinguish the elements of our culture that are holding us back from realizing our potential more fully. The whites are rapidly declining demographically worldwide. It is a waste of time to complain instead of moving forward aggressively.

Finally, as a husband, a father, an employer since my mid-twenties, a landlord, a person who taught at university level, an alum of the best public university in the US, and a published author, I have come to appreciate the ability to discuss even hot topics in a cool-headed manner, and to avoid heightened emotions during such discussions.

In my world this topic would have examined future scenarios for bilateral improved relations between the two groups, or strategies to help the children of both groups find common ground. Not this angry debate format.
    Nothing about this is angry, if you don’t like that you’re getting called out log out and don’t come back.

HeffDawg

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    "Gibberish" Exactly my point.
    You said in a nut shell:
    • Words are meaningless
    • Words are used as references to physical things but are often used incorrectly
    • Words are abstract so people can interpret them however they wish

So after you explained that, you said both sides can’t see eye to eye because they are using meaningless words to describe physical things that they are misrepresenting and thus misinterpreting and so everyone is arguing about nothing.

How is that constructive? That doesn’t help anything all it is is confusion. So let’s do this. Tell us in plain English how we can bridge the gap between Black Americans and Africans.

Czharcus

Truth-Detector
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You said in a nut shell:
    • Words are meaningless
    • Words are used as references to physical things but are often used incorrectly
    • Words are abstract so people can interpret them however they wish

So after you explained that, you said both sides can’t see eye to eye because they are using meaningless words to describe physical things that they are misrepresenting and thus misinterpreting and so everyone is arguing about nothing.

How is that constructive? That doesn’t help anything all it is is confusion. So let’s do this. Tell us in plain English how we can bridge the gap between Black Americans and Africans.
    Exactly right. You don't seem confused about it at all.

Everyone is arguing about nothing so there is no reason to take offense to anything. The tension needs both sides to exist. Whatever they say, however they feel, can simply be overlooked. Let them know, what they are thinking is incorrect and keep it moving. Problem solved.

HeffDawg

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Exactly right. You don't seem confused about it at all.

Everyone is arguing about nothing so there is no reason to take offense to anything. The tension needs both sides to exist. Whatever they say, however they feel, can simply be overlooked. Let them know, what they are thinking is incorrect and keep it moving. Problem solved.

Problem not solved. It just sounds good.

CarlX

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    The cogent points from the clip:
    1. African students are advised to avoid stereotypical inner city Black culture.
    2. Belief in white supremacy persists.
    Rex, Black Americans survived 400+ years of oppression, dehumanization, marginalization and demonization. We are involuntary immigrants (i.e. Brought here at the point of a gun). Africans and Caribbeans are VOLUNTARY immigrants (i.e. They fled abject squalor in their homelands to crawl up under white mommy & daddy).

You guys have your own lands, yet are rendered second class citizens in your own lands by Asians and Europeans. So to me it's utterly laughable when characters like you try to dump on FBAs. If y'all had half our courage and spine, you would not be picking bread fruit from the trees in your countries and begging the white man for jobs in tourism.

I've seen many like you. You try to get up on your hind legs with FBAs with zaddy's protection, but when it's time to stand up to zaddy, you lose your nuts. Please tell me why the American embassy in Kingston, Jamaica was flying the rainbow (i.e. batty man) flag next to the American flag during Jamaican Independence Month and Jamaicans did NOTHING about it. Which is typical for Africans and Caribbeans...

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Trillfate

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Ever since trump I've been looking at immigrants differently. Long story short they don't view white supremacy the same way we do. They're more passive and that's where the conflict stems from. Some, not all have become enablers if not collaborators with the oppressor because they see themselves as better blacks

Trillfate

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Ever since trump I've been looking at immigrants differently. Long story short they don't view white supremacy the same way we do. They're more passive and that's where the conflict stems from. Some, not all have become enablers if not collaborators with the oppressor because they see themselves as better blacks
    You know how there's often a bully on the campus whooping everyone's ass? Well the people afraid of the bully usually:
    1. Attempt to avoid the bully.
    2. Attempt to bribe the bully.
    3. Attempt to join the bully's side.
    Each of these are attempts to stop being attacked without having to stand up for yourself. A lot of migrants are getting bullied in their homelands by the White Supremacists and come to the USA and choose option 3.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Trillfate

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You know how there's often a bully on the campus whooping everyone's ass? Well the people afraid of the bully usually:
    1. Attempt to avoid the bully.
    2. Attempt to bribe the bully.
    3. Attempt to join the bully's side.
    Each of these are attempts to stop being attacked without having to stand up for yourself. A lot of migrants are getting bullied in their homelands by the White Supremacists and come to the USA and choose option 3.
    Damn, hell of a perspective.

The immigrant vs fba thing is two fold. There's the white asskissing as you detailed and then there's undermining FBA unprovoked. To me, i get how there could be some natural resentment or jealousy for FBA but its hella weird that they feel comfortable alienating themselves like that. They really act on their envy. But when they distance themselves from us they paint themselves into a corner socially. You're already black and you're from a mf island, that's a minority of a minority! At least African tethers are from real nations, so their petty tribal mentality is understood. But the Caribbean tethers..how tf are you from a country the size of Connecticut hating on anyone?

randomdudeconfused

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Damn, hell of a perspective.

The immigrant vs fba thing is two fold. There's the white asskissing as you detailed and then there's undermining FBA unprovoked. To me, i get how there could be some natural resentment or jealousy for FBA but its hella weird that they feel comfortable alienating themselves like that. They really act on their envy. But when they distance themselves from us they paint themselves into a corner socially. You're already black and you're from a mf island, that's a minority of a minority! At least African tethers are from real nations, so their petty tribal mentality is understood. But the Caribbean tethers..how tf are you from a country the size of Connecticut hating on anyone?

randomdudeconfused
    I think you’re looking at it from a level of fortitude and comfort that they are not. When we are deprived of resources as humans we become less willing to conform to rules. These people come from places where they are so starved for resources that there is minimal to no conformity to rules.

So people start fighting for the little resources that are available and the people with numbers and the willingness to commit violence take control and leave everyone else to fend for themselves. Sometimes the people with numbers and guns are the class that works with a European power, they are the overseer of which is a essentially a nation-plantation. In most cases the scarcity of resources is all artificial, they are being siphoned out by white people with help of the natives of the island. This is where the cowards come into the picture.

The cowards are at the very bottom and the ones that don’t die off are stuck living in shit conditions. They want resources but they want the path of least resistance. They can overthrow the Cabal that is plunging them into poverty and make it fair society for everyone OR they can go and be apart of the Cabal somewhere else. A lot choose the latter.

Because after they are overthrow the cabal they have to start refining their resources and selling them. They have to do all the building, policing, etc and they are lazy cowards, that’s too much work.

So they leave their homeland to go be apart of the oppressor class somewhere else. They don’t think long term, they think “if I have to sell some niggas out to get a steak then where do I sign up”. You Trillfate are thinking long term and like “yo you making a deal with the devil, it ain’t gonna end well for you” and all they’re thinking is “I got my steak fuck you”.

See a lot of these people would have been in the cabal in their homeland helping Europeans siphon the resources but they didn’t get in soon enough or they lost. So they just go link up with whatever other criminal they can. We cannot look for honor from people with no honor.

This is also global, it’s not just immigrants, a lot of Black people think like this across the board. Larry Elder will sell a Nigga put just as quick as any immigrant.

Last edited:

Trillfate

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    An interesting Twitter space on this very subject:
    That boy doing a marathon space.

In all this time the question hasn't been answered

How does immigration BENEFIT black Americans?

In mad hours the closest answer was the techy indian and Asian immigrants benefit us with their contributions to society. No direct answers tho..

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

In mad hours the closest answer was the techy indian and Asian immigrants benefit us with their contributions to society. No direct answers tho..
    One was over 14 hours I hopped off that joint. Niggas be babbling too much we need Jason Black as the moderator.

jthall_B1

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Tariq is doing a spaces right now. More people on Twitter acting like they've always been able to immigrate here. If FBAs during the Civil Right's Movement didn't push for the change in policy, white people would have NEVER saw a reason to allow more black people to come here.
    The balls on some immigrants to call us LAZY is some of the most disrespectful shit I've ever seen. We have ALWAYS reached across the Atlantic for fellowship and mutual respect form our African brothers and sisters. I don't see the same happening from our brothers and sisters across the Atlantic.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Right. I didn't listen to the whole thing either. After a while, everybody was just going back & forth, but nobody had any answers.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Tariq is doing a spaces right now. More people on Twitter acting like they've always been able to immigrate here. If FBAs during the Civil Right's Movement didn't push for the change in policy, white people would have NEVER saw a reason to allow more black people to come here.
    The balls on some immigrants to call us LAZY is some of the most disrespectful shit I've ever seen. We have ALWAYS reached across the Atlantic for fellowship and mutual respect form our African brothers and sisters. I don't see the same happening from our brothers and sisters across the Atlantic.

View: https://twitter.com/tariqnasheed/status/1486744506984665090?t=Tp1Fpldknbdl6ZFL0OB06w&s=19

Last edited:

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    These the same coons who been sabotaging us for milennia we have to handle them that’s all I’m going to say to that.