The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Tensions Between FBA & Black Immigrants: Your Thoughts

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Haven't you guys been catching the Twitter spaces these last few days...? This subject brings all the BS to the surface, and I'm glad it's happening. It's about time we did some house cleaning.
    I don’t have the patience to listen to them but yeah it’s much needed. We need to put everyone on notice.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don’t have the patience to listen to them but yeah it’s much needed. We need to put everyone on notice.
    The one last night went on over 8 hours! They had over 10k people in there.. Lots of FBA on code, I loved it.

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    They are trying to act brave and proud but they are shook and they should be. You either get on code or be left out in the cold of White supremacy.

at this high school i tau'ght at a few yearsa ago, this beautiiful, thick Black woman worked next door to my classroom. I couldnt fihure out why she was always giving me the side eye. At first i just chalked it up to her being a bougie Californian. halfway thru the semester i found out she was Nigerian. then things started making sense. I even noticed some bedwenchery behavior with the head of our department, a white man. when i left at the end of the school year, guess who was the only teacher who didn't sign my goodbye card? Her. we were the only two Blacks in the department and i thought we would be cool, but i learned in real time about the non fba/fba divide mindset. I was impressed that she kept it 100 the whole way thru. I would've been offended if she had written something fake on the card after basically ignoring me the whole school year.

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Haven't you guys been catching the Twitter spaces these last few days...? This subject brings all the BS to the surface, and I'm glad it's happening. It's about time we did some house cleaning.
    I listened to it all weekend. I've been talking about this for years. I've cut ties with many from the diaspora that I grew up with because they were so anti FBA.
    Please try and listen to some of it over time. It's very concerning and eye opening for a lot of us. We need to converse about it here after you do. You may be able to give us some insight considering you still think there's a change that we can work together.

This is despicable anti FBA propaganda. I'm sorry but a lot of these people are coming from places with terrorists rolling up and down the street with rifles and machetes. I'm not going for any of this.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Please try and listen to some of it over time. It's very concerning and eye opening for a lot of us. We need to converse about it here after you do. You may be able to give us some insight considering you still think there's a change that we can work together.
    I know the discussion just don't have time for the babble. At the end of the day, I feel that we have to be anti-coon no matter what flavor it comes in: jollof, curry, or fried. Thomas Sankara was no coon, that's the type of brothas we need to vet out and be able to ally with. We can't let the coward willing to sell us out for a Spring Internship at Turbo Tax make us look at all Africans in that light. At the end of the day Black Americans are just a part of the African story, we are an African people, and this should be looked at as a hand slapping not a distancing.

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I know the discussion just don't have time for the babble. At the end of the day, I feel that we have to be anti-coon no matter what flavor it comes in: jollof, curry, or fried. Thomas Sankara was no coon, that's the type of brothas we need to vet out and be able to ally with. We can't let the coward willing to sell us out for a Spring Internship at Turbo Tax make us look at all Africans in that light. At the end of the day Black Americans are just a part of the African story, we are an African people, and this should be looked at as a hand slapping not a distancing.
    Individually I think we can find coons and fighters anywhere, in any black culture. But I think what matters is the overall culture of the group, no matter from Africa, South America, Asia or wherever. So I think it comes down to where the culture is at the time. FBA are leaders in fighting white supremacy, and we may be able to spend time linking with South Africans, but there are other groups that we really shouldn't spend much time arguing with or attempting to support or link with.

I do think we should invite non FBA supporters into the fight, and support those people as individuals. We can't spend time trying to free our represent our own coon class. There are simply some cultures, too many, that are nowhere near being ready to rock with us, and no, we shouldn't argue with them or put them down. But they can't come in the club, unless like I said, the individually prove themselves.

I don't think we are just African people, I feel that we are the only chance any African on this planet has and we need to move and act as such.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Individually I think we can find coons and fighters anywhere, in any black culture. But I think what matters is the overall culture of the group, no matter from Africa, South America, Asia or wherever. So I think it comes down to where the culture is at the time. FBA are leaders in fighting white supremacy, and we may be able to spend time linking with South Africans, but there are other groups that we really shouldn't spend much time arguing with or attempting to support or link with.

I do think we should invite non FBA supporters into the fight, and support those people as individuals. We can't spend time trying to free our represent our own coon class. There are simply some cultures, too many, that are nowhere near being ready to rock with us, and no, we shouldn't argue with them or put them down. But they can't come in the club, unless like I said, the individually prove themselves.

I don't think we are just African people, I feel that we are the only chance any African on this planet has and we need to move and act as such.
    I agree where we are not fully aligned I believe is the fact that I don’t care about ethnicity. I just see a bunch coons being imported from the caribbean and africa and #coons gon’ coon. These niggas no different than Stepin Fetchit, Larry Elder, Herschel Walker, etc they are all part of the same proud tradition of coonery. I think culture is important and if we see trends then so be it but being anti-African screws us in the end. I think we have to be measured in our response.

HeffDawg

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I clicked this link on YouTube, View attachment 1702
    and it took me to a page that highlighted Black content creators. The twist is that not a single creator was FBA. Every single YouTuber was either continental or Caribbean.

Now what the grift is up what do you think their fate is going to be? It isn't going to be nice.

HeffDawg

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Real shit. Up until right now tethers and coons were able to undermine us and go unnoticed...
    Probably finsta see White Supremacy break its tools right before our eyes and it will be a lovely site to see. Remember the Haitians at the border crying for unity. We will see the same thing go down and we need be on some"

Good Night Goodbye GIF by BET Awards

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    At least they talking about something other than FBAs.
    Maybe they stopped. When I was listening, they were using the usual WS talking points: Chicago, lazy Black Americans, etc.
    At another point, they started fighting amongst each other.
    There was also a white troll calling the Africans racial slurs, which they just laughed off.

EDIT: Look what they named the Twitter space: Screenshot_20220211-014246_Twitter.jpg
    We have no allies.

Last edited:

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    I just read a good article about this issue. I first noticed the schism between FBA kids and Black immigrant kids in high school in Brooklyn. I noticed it the most with Haitian kids.

What are your thoughts on the manner in which Black immigrants come to America, exploit the work of FBAs for their gain and remain detached from the FBA history, experiences and pain? I personally am torn. On one hand, I hate to see any Black person suffer. On the other hand, I have no desire to lock arms with any Black person born abroad who feels more kinship with European descendants than us. The Haitian Border Crisis is a good example.

The article is here:

My thoughts exactly, but there are a few that haven't been tainted by WS.
    I've people in Ghana, Lagos & Tanzania that I've known for years & consider them family.
    It's basically as it is here. There's people that are with you & people that are against you! 💯

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Just my opinion but I think that the discussion cant really take place because there arent any reputable political figures in the diaspora to represent the other side. Like a Professor Black Truth from the southern cone or something. Someone who is from that area who has actively been reporting and reforming their own neighborhood and country. That would be more effective then people getting mad because Black Americans are self identifying.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Just my opinion but I think that the discussion cant really take place because there arent any reputable political figures in the diaspora to represent the other side. Like a Professor Black Truth from the southern cone or something. Someone who is from that area who has actively been reporting and reforming their own neighborhood and country. That would be more effective then people getting mad because Black Americans are self identifying.
    When WS finish chewing them up & spitting them out, then they'll want to be our sistahs & bruddas, but it'll be too little & too late! 💯
    We are in no way bootlicks, coons, half steppers or cowards! So if that's a problem with Immigrants, then IT IS WHAT IT IS! ✌🏽

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin

Never been a better time to be FBA. Everyone is on notice. Some are mad cause they are melinated but not Black. Some are mad cause they want to live their life in Dreamland and we letting people know that the Promise land is better. I never entertained the option of leaving the United States. Anywhere I move on EARTH would also present the same problems that i have at Home. So I said Im going to be a part of the TRIBE who fixes it here.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    My thoughts are as followed Black Foundational Americans need to become ICE, DOJ, Customs and Boarder Patrol, and ATF. We need government protections and enforcement capabilities to address these matters based on what I heard on Twitter, respectfully.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    My thoughts are as followed Black Foundational Americans need to become ICE, DOJ, Customs and Boarder Patrol, and ATF. We need government protections and enforcement capabilities to address these matters based on what I heard on Twitter, respectfully.

Ill Never work fo DA GUBBAMENT