Prove Me Wrong

The place for serious debate on thought-provoking and controversial topics.

Stats

Category
Lifestyle
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

The Backlash Against Tariq Isn't Hate, It's the Chickens Coming Home to Roost

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Tariq has been receiving a lot of scrutiny recently and his supporters say it’s hate and jealousy while detractors say it’s analysis. I definitely believe there is some hate and jealousy involve but is all of it hate? No.

People in the online Black community always talk about holding people accountable and paperwork checking but when it turns around on someone they like then the paper check and accountability suddenly become hate.

Today I’m going to give you some reasons why the scrutiny Tariq is receiving is NOT hate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trillfate

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Tariq has been receiving a lot of scrutiny recently and his supporters say it’s hate and jealousy while detractors say it’s analysis. I definitely believe there is some hate and jealousy involve but is all of it hate? No.

People in the online Black community always talk about holding people accountable and paperwork checking but when it turns around on someone they like then the paper check and accountability suddenly become hate.

Today I’m going to give you some reasons why the scrutiny Tariq is receiving is NOT hate.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but based on your wording it seems like you didn't donate to the museum...

If you did not donate....

Your point 1 is null and void. It was NOT "the black community's" money. That's fallacious af. Tariq raised 1.2 million dollars in on code, willing Black First people's money. Not your money and not the general black community's money. Its not your place to police other peoples investments. There's always a sharp correlation between people who don't donate and people who call him a grifter. They're 1 and the same. People who actually donated their money don't feel swindled or grifted. You don't have 1 unsatisfied customer, it's only the pocket watching haters who have the smoke..hello

That's number 1..

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Correct me if I'm wrong but based on your wording it seems like you didn't donate to the museum...

Your point 1 is null and void. It was NOT "the black community's" money. That's fallacious af. Tariq raised 1.2 million dollars in on code, willing Black First people's money. Not your money and not the general black community's money. Its not your place to police other peoples investments. There's always a sharp correlation between people who don't donate and people who call him a grifter. They're 1 and the same. People who actually donated their money don't feel swindled or grifted. You don't have 1 unsatisfied customer, it's only the pocket watching haters who have the smoke..hello

That's number 1..
    I donated.

RCNAL
    RCNAL
    Just curious. Were you a big supporter of Tariq prior and you changed after your donation in large part to the TB and museum issues or you had the same feeling about him all pre and post donation?
    Troy
    Troy
    RCNAL it’s offensive to me that I write out 3 logical points and you ask me an emotional question. “Hey Troy, how often did you get your pom poms out for Tariq, 1 time a week or 7?”

It’s irrelevant. I gave cold hard cash for multiple hidden colors and hidden history.
    Reactions: Kanu

Trillfate

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I donated.
    Ok the overall point remains, that he doesn't have a long line of unsatisfied customers. The people who buy his products and donate do so because they trust him and his integrity. If you donated and you're unhappy with the specifics it may be due to your ignorance about how real estate mixed with race and politics works, especially in los angles mf California. If there's any under delivering it's not for lack of trying, it's not because he was grifting you with devil horns on his head screaming mhahaha. You donated and you claim hes under delivering but I bet you were someone who claimed there wouldn't be no was museum in the first place, opposed to someone like me who donated 1200 and never had a single solitary doubt ever. The man has integrity. He is not the conman you're used to bruh

Staff
    Staff
    Please ensure you’re responding to the points listed in the original post. We will not take action on this post as it makes an attempt to address point one.
    Troy
    Troy
    You did not address my point at instead you tried to question the validity of it. I showed how he promised something and underdelivered and instead of addressing the point you said “well some people don’t have an issue with it” which we already know. Some people didn’t have an issue with Jonestown that doesn’t make it right.

I gave you concrete examples of how Tariq changed the scope and didn’t give donors the ability to opt out. I also gave you concrete examples of how the building he bought cannot house all that he stated in his campaign video.

I also gave you examples of how he had tenants in the building and didn’t notify anyone. Instead of addressing these points all you have done was try to attack me.

Also you said not one donor has an issue but that’s not true. Everyone who has donated you attack and call haters to invalidate the criticism.

Trillfate

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Number 2 is HORRIBLY fallacious. The whole shit is based on the idea of Tariq owing someone something.

Nobody owed secure the tribe anything. You do the work you don't care who acknowledges. Stay on code and do the fucking work!

Secure the tribe showed Tariq nothing but entitlement and backstabbing. How do you justify flipping on someone who has done NOTHING WRONG AGAINST YOU?? Like.. nigga Do you hear yourself?? they're mad at him because he didn't do something they wanted him to do... And because of that they initiate beef and go off course of the reparations goals. Thats ok with you huh??

What secure the tribe did is no different than cussing out of female who didn't say Hi back to you. Its fatherless behavior. Its weird you don't have the integrity to understand all beef aint legit beef. Their beef is baseless, that's why STT is defunct.👎🏾

And you damn right Tariq doxxed and went for the necks of the niggas who STARTED THE BEEF WITH HIM. I do the same

Nigga dont you get to tell someone how to respond to UNPROVOKED beef.

The fact you steady side with the shit starters and criticize the response shows a lack of integrity Troy Im sorry, that's wack

2 down.. You got nothing on this man but whining.
    snoopdisappointment

Staff
    Staff
    Please refrain from personal attacks.
    Troy
    Troy
    The point is that his own actions are the result of the blacklash and he is not an innocent victim under attack. When STT was attacking him he escalated by doxxing Yaya and he has to deal with it.

He has doxxed multiple people and the energy you put out, you get back. I’m not siding with the shit starters I don’t like secure the tribe, they’re idiots but guess who put them on the map? Yes, Tariq. But despite that I think both are the issue. Tariq is not this Jesus figure who is being persecuted. He is disrespectful and condescending, and he is reaping what he sows.
    Red Velvet
    Red Velvet
    Trillfate

It’s not directly related but my uncle died at 27 because someone crossed him over a $25 bag of weed. When he went to confront the guy he had his pistol, the other guy saw and shot my uncle first and killed him.

The point in me writing this is to show how emotional thinking can lead you down the wrong path. My uncle was wronged without a doubt but he would have his life if he let it go. Maturity means controlling your ego even when it burns deep down inside.

I don’t like to see Black men get into petty squabbles because it never ends well.

josiah starr

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    Supporter
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Point 1:

"So the Hidden History Museum that he took our money for had its scope changed without talking to us donors and allowing us to opt out....."

My Rebuttal: This is not accurate. No matter how many time they are corrected, Tariq detractors continue to spout this particular talking point. I SPECIFICALLY recall Tariq giving updates on the muesum project during broadcasts, IG lives, and on Twitter spaces. I remember he was exploring property in Altanta due real estate issues in L.A. Everyone was made while aware of his inability to move forward on the initial concept. He even displayed the current property before he bought it. Honest Detractors seem to believe, or insinuate, that donors needed to be polled with every little decision Tariq made during this process. I believe that to be a recipe for problems to allow EVERYBODY to try micro-manage the project. Everyone gave donations in good faith. Tariq has a proven track record of delivering on commitments. No need for me to put my finger in the pie.

FACT: I personally donated 2K to the project. I was more then fine with process and patient enough to allow the man sea room to complete this difficult task. At the end of the day, I want a quality muesum to magnify our message & promote our value system.

"On top of that the first day of opening he is charging $150 to enter during Black History Month."

Rebuttal: That's a VIP party/function where food will be served and a new movie will be screened. If you don't care to attend or pay the cost, don't go. It's as simple as that.

FACT: Muesums do this all the time. The National D-Day Muesum in New Orleans regularly holds functions and events that have VIP ticket purchases only. Thats how they have grown into a powerhouse over the last 20 years. They started off as a single building downtown and now they own a whole damn block in downtown New Orleans. I know this because I visited the muesum when it first opened in the early 2000s and have 20 years of watching them grow. By the way.....the D-Day muesum shows movies, host cocktail parties and has it own restaurant and shopping center See below link and photo.

To be continued.

Screenshot_20230211_161318_Samsung Internet.jpg

Troy
    Troy
    ntinue to spout this particular talking point. I SPECIFICALLY recall Tariq giving updates on the muesum project during broadcasts, IG lives, and on Twitter spaces. I remember he was exploring property in Altanta due real estate issues in L.A. Everyone was made while aware of his inability to move forward on the initial concept

None of this is scope, it’s location. He never came out with a revised concept that showed the museum reduced down to 1/10th of what he initially promised. If you have proof please show me and I’ll admit I’m wrong.

ntinue to spout this particular talking point. I SPECIFICALLY recall Tariq giving updates on the muesum project during broadcasts, IG lives, and on Twitter spaces. I remember he was exploring property in Altanta due real estate issues in L.A. Everyone was made while aware of his inability to move forward on the initial concept

I never said that museums never did that. I said that the community donated and then the only way to attend the grand opening is to pay. It could be easily rectified by having an open house from 1-3 and then a VIP event afterward. Also you D-day museum example was it:

1. community funded
    2. Did it charge the same community that financed it to attend on opening day?

If it’s no to either of those then it does not apply to this situation.

josiah starr

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    Supporter
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    "Also you D-day museum example was it:

1. community funded
    2. Did it charge the same community that financed it to attend on opening day?

If it’s no to either of those then it does not apply to this situation."

Answers:

1. Yes.
    2. Yes.

Troy
    Troy
    do you have proof?
    Troy
    Troy
    Also that same museum will let you in free if you were in WW2. So a museum allowing a class of people to get in for free is not something unknown. But I’m not even saying it should be free all the time.

I’m just saying that the community is already economically depressed why not let all donors that contributed over $50 come through on opening day? Not even for the VIP event, something prior.

If this is about us working together as a community it should always be a profit motivation in every single thing. If you donated $1000, you’d have to donate an additional $150 to get in on opening day and to me that’s janky.

josiah starr

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    Supporter
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    "None of this is scope, it’s location. He never came out with a revised concept that showed the museum reduced down to 1/10th of what he initially promised. If you have proof please show me and I’ll admit I’m wrong."

As I mentioned in the prior comment......He displayed the property on IG live while touring it and informed viewers of its size, location, etc.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    As I mentioned in the prior comment......He displayed the property on IG live while touring it and informed viewers of its size, location, etc.

That was after he said he bought it. He did not come out and say “hey I have to scale the museum down and I’m thinking of taking it from two stories to the size of the screening room alone. If he explained that he as reducing the scope prior to that point please show proof.

josiah starr
    josiah starr
    Please provide evidence for your claim.
    Troy
    Troy
    josiah starr My claim is that he did not inform the public that he was changing the scope. How am I going to to provide you proof of something he didn’t do? I’m asking you to provide proof that he told the public that he was reducing the scope of the project PRIOR to doing that video tour.
    Troy
    Troy
    josiah starr

No one knew that the scope was going to be reduced until this video:

…and it wasn’t because Tariq told us, it was because we looked at it and saw that there was no way the original plan would work in that building.

Show me something prior to this video where Tariq is explicitly saying that he was going to reduce the scope of the project dramatically. It’s not a small shift, the entire vision has to change now and we were never told.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    "Troy
    do you have proof?"

josiah starr
    I donated to the D-Day muesum and paid to attend the opening service...albeit I paid the service members discount.

Additionally, I was not served dinner or watched a movie.....
    But on that same day didn’t they let all WW2 veterans in free?

josiah starr

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    Supporter
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    "Troy
    josiah starr My claim is that he did not inform the public that he was changing the scope. How am I going to to provide you proof of something he didn’t do? I’m asking you to provide proof that he told the public that he was reducing the scope of the project PRIOR to doing that video tour."

"Changing the scope"....that's ambush language when a "change of scope" would be pretty much common sense and unavoidable if your having to buy a building instead of building one on an cleared plot, which was the initial plan.

By your words, you are claiming that he never told donors that the initial concept was not going to happen and continued to sell ppl on him building a new building, until he popped up and purchased a random building. That is absolutely false.

Troy
    Troy
    “Changing the scope” is not ambush language, it’s exactly what happened. I get that he couldn’t build from scratch, cool but Since he had to buy a building he could have bought a building that could fit the initial plan. That is my point.

There are so many buildings available in LA that were within the budget that would fit the original plan with minor adjustment. As I stated, if he was going to change the scope he should have told us so we could have made an informed decision. It is all about transparency.

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Ok the overall point remains, that he doesn't have a long line of unsatisfied customers. The people who buy his products and donate do so because they trust him and his integrity. If you donated and you're unhappy with the specifics it may be due to your ignorance about how real estate mixed with race and politics works, especially in los angles mf California. If there's any under delivering it's not for lack of trying, it's not because he was grifting you with devil horns on his head screaming mhahaha. You donated and you claim hes under delivering but I bet you were someone who claimed there wouldn't be no was museum in the first place, opposed to someone like me who donated 1200 and never had a single solitary doubt ever. The man has integrity. He is not the conman you're used to bruh

I personally donated and I'm not happy with the results at all. It was nothing like he promised.
    I understand sometimes things don't go according to plan, but the difference is night and day between the original museum vision and what we got. And he did NOT ask if it was okay to completely downsize to that little building.

I remember quite a few people suggesting that he opens the museum in Atlanta, more real estate and more bang for the buck than Cali. And I remember him saying a couple of times that even though he visits atlanta often, he had no desire to open it there.

josiah starr

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    Supporter
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Troy
    “Changing the scope” is not ambush language, it’s exactly what happened. I get that he couldn’t build from scratch, cool but Since he had to buy a building he could have bought a building that could fit the initial plan. That is my point.

There are so many buildings available in LA that were within the budget that would fit the original plan with minor adjustment. As I stated, if he was going to change the scope he should have told us so we could have made an informed decision. It is all about transparency."

I agree.....it's exactly what happened because he couldn't go forward with the initial plan. So its common sense that that the plans would HAVE TO change or the "scope" would need to be amended....if you may. Is his purpose to get a building and create a muesum....or find a way to somehow please you?

It's a bit unreasonable to expect Tariq to somehow create the EXACT situation he had initially planned for. To do that he would have wait around and hope for the right property to become available.

If he does this.....he still holding on to million of donors money....and folks would still be claiming he's stealing.

(Strawman argument removed by moderator)

Troy
    Troy
    agree.....it's exactly what happened because he couldn't go forward with the initial plan. So its common sense that that the plans would HAVE TO change or the "scope" would need to be amended....if you may. Is his purpose to get a building and create a muesum....or find a way to somehow please you?

It's a bit unreasonable to expect Tariq to somehow create the EXACT situation he had initially planned for. To do that he would have wait around and hope for the right property to become available.

I’ve asked you to show us where Tariq came to the community to reset expectation and you have not done that.

You keep saying what we should have known but you can’t assume what people should have known. Because I assumed he would get a building that could house the plan he laid out to us.

Contrary to how you’re talking to me I’m not a broke ass nigga that hasn’t managed a project before.

I helped Jay roll out a plan that made $4.5M in 3 months at Frontier Communications across CA, TX, and FL, you know how big of a project that was? You know how many times we had to reset and manage expectations to make sure that at the end of the project no one felt slighted?

We had to manage vendors, internal stakeholders, external stakeholders, city officials, and regulators it was not easy. But we saw everyone as a partner so when fiber passings shifted we let everyone know:

“We said 55,000 fiber passings in Tampa, it’s now 47,000 with 3,000 more going in St. Pete”.

Very difficult conversations and many could have cost us our jobs but we did it because it was the right thing to do.

You’re absolving Tariq of this responsibility by saying that we should have anticipated and assumed that the deliverable was going to be 1/10 of the project plan, that is too low of an expectation for me.

The inability to assess people in our community is why things like this happen. When you do this in White society you get hung and cut off. In the Black community you get protected and defended at all costs. We can still like to Tariq and highlight how he fell way short of what he said.

Defending him for this is just going to allow it to happen again.

Staff

Everywhere At All Times
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Btw, ALOT of detractors who are know claiming to be "outraged" about the "size" of the muesum are the same ppl claiming Tariq was abusing and spending the money while he searched for a new building.

Alot of ppl were asking "where the muesum" "where's the money at?" Then he brought this building, now the argument has changed into an issue about blueprints. It's fair for reasonable ppl to question the motivation of such detractors whom seem to gleefully wish failure upon another person.

Irrelevant information as the original poster did not make any of these claims.

josiah starr
    josiah starr
    I strongly disagree. The title of the thread pertains to why it not hate, pertaining to "Backlash"....meaning other ppl.

Am I not allowed to cite facts that bolster the hater argument?

Additionally, ppl who either made or promoted these types of claims were SPECIFICALLY mentioned in the original post and cite as evidence.
    Staff
    Staff
    josiah starr thank you for your response. In our opinion it’s a strawman tactic as it’s deflecting the conversation from the supporting points in the OP to the arguments of some unrepresented class of people “detractors” and “a lot of people”. Troy made specific claims which should not be conflated with any external sentiments or motivations.

josiah starr

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    Supporter
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    "You’re absolving Tariq of this responsibility by saying that we should have anticipated and assumed that the deliverable was going to be 1/10 of the project plan, that is too low of an expectation for me."

Show me where I said:

"saying that we should have anticipated and assumed that the deliverable was going to be 1/10 of the project plan, that is too low of an expectation for me."

Those are your words not mine.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    "You’re absolving Tariq of this responsibility by saying that we should have anticipated and assumed that the deliverable was going to be 1/10 of the project plan, that is too low of an expectation for me."

Show me where I said:

"saying that we should have anticipated and assumed that the deliverable was going to be 1/10 of the project plan, that is too low of an expectation for me."

Those are your words not mine.
    You said:

because he couldn't go forward with the initial plan. So its common sense that that the plans would HAVE TO change or the "scope" would need to be amended....

You said that it was common sense that the scope would have to be amended. Which means you’re saying that the Hidden History Museum going from a two story complex with 5 sections, screening room, and conference space to the size of a coffee shop is common sense, I disagree. If you need 16000 sq ft and can’t get it going to 1300 sq ft is a significant change that needs to be explained to the stakeholders. At least that’s how good business is transacted.

josiah starr
    josiah starr
    You said that it was common sense that the scope would have to be amended. Which means you’re saying that the Hidden "History Museum going from a two story complex with 5 sections, screening room, and conference space to the size of a coffee shop is common sense, I disagree. If you need 16000 sq ft and can’t get it going to 1300 sq ft is a significant change that needs to be explained to the stakeholders. At least that’s how good business is transacted."

Answer: I said amend or change the plan. Meaning finding another way or means to obtain the goal.......I never said "deliverables were going to be 1/10 of the project plan". Those are your words, not mine. That's very loaded phraseology.

"People are criticizing him because he got our money to build the two story project"

The overall goal is to have a muesem, not to build a two story building. The initial conception of the muesem failed. With the building currently in contention, if he is able to meet that need and obtain that goal with building in question, I'm fine with that. You may not be, but that's your prerogative. If you truly did donate, I give the sea room to cite the building. But, I personally will cite this as an example of why I prefer to use my own money to avoid confusion and/or eliminate avenues for low key haters to cause drama. That said, if I provide 6.2 million and the community assists with 1.2 million, I'd be the one having the last say on what's what, so I understand Tariq's perspective.

But I do agree with one thing tho....I would have sure as hell offered ppl refund if they wanted out on the project. Lesson learned. If Tariq actually did belittle ppl who asked for refunds he's wrong for that. That's not cool.

"Brandon aka Pan-Africanism Strikes Back was scrutinizing the Hidden History Museum and saying that Tariq never had intentions of buying the original plot on Crenshaw"

Answer: Brandon's statement is highly speculative and nor is it supported by facts. In fact, it could interpreted as extremely slanderous. By using the word "scrutinizing", do you mean accusing Tariq of stealing the donors money and noting (and relishing) the absence of a muesem building, publicly? Once the building was bought, why the sudden and noticeable shift of emphasis on the buildings lack resemblance with the initial plan? Are those the actions of a honestly "concerned citizen"?

"When the supposed vandalism took place, Brandon kept asking “why is there not any footage?” He called the tenants as a concerned citizen and they were not aware of vandalism either."

Answer: Why involve yourself with a person you suspect is a con man? What were his good intentions as a "concerned citizen"? You've already gone public with your discontent with the man, why go this deep into his business? What wrong with ignoring him and building your brand?

"When Taharka Bey started to critique FBA once again Tariq started to dox and revealed all of Taharka’s information and told everyone that Taharka was a sex offender eventhough TAHARKA IS NOT ON ANY SEX OFFFENDER REGISTRIES."

Answer: He actually warned Taharka Bey before going in, even gave him props and commended on his program and asked him not to slick diss and be disrespectful. Taharka choose to double down on his attacks and false claims.

"And an interesting point is when Taharka Bey was allegedly slapped by Tariq, Tariq was able to get the footage within an hour but to this day we have seen no footage of the supposed vandalism. Which goes back to Brandon’s original point that the vandalism seems staged because there are cameras all around and Tariq should have been able to supply footage."

Answer: The overall theme of your segment appears to be that you do not trust Tariq. If that is the case, why focus or involve yourself with such a person? Why not leave he be? Why the constant focus and unprovoked attacks by everyone mentioned in the original post.

The title of this post is geared to attempt to explain hater Backlash. The original post cites specific ppl who are active part of that precieved backlash....My question is why give so much attention and energy to a person who is presumed to be so whollyfully untrustworthy and devious?
    Reactions: ZxBro

josiah starr

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    Supporter
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    "You said that it was common sense that the scope would have to be amended. Which means you’re saying that the Hidden "History Museum going from a two story complex with 5 sections, screening room, and conference space to the size of a coffee shop is common sense, I disagree. If you need 16000 sq ft and can’t get it going to 1300 sq ft is a significant change that needs to be explained to the stakeholders. At least that’s how good business is transacted."

Answer: I said amend or change the plan. Meaning finding another way or means to obtain the goal.......I never said "deliverables were going to be 1/10 of the project plan". Those are your words, not mine. That's very loaded phraseology.

"People are criticizing him because he got our money to build the two story project"

The overall goal is to have a muesem, not to build a two story building. The initial conception of the muesem failed. With the building currently in contention, if he is able to meet that need and obtain that goal with building in question, I'm fine with that. You may not be, but that's your prerogative. If you truly did donate, I give the sea room to cite the building. But, I personally will cite this as an example of why I prefer to use my own money to avoid confusion and/or eliminate avenues for low key haters to cause drama. That said, if I provide 6.2 million and the community assists with 1.2 million, I'd be the one having the last say on what's what, so I understand Tariq's perspective.

But I do agree with one thing tho....I would have sure as hell offered ppl refund if they wanted out on the project. Lesson learned. If Tariq actually did belittle ppl who asked for refunds he's wrong for that. That's not cool.

"Brandon aka Pan-Africanism Strikes Back was scrutinizing the Hidden History Museum and saying that Tariq never had intentions of buying the original plot on Crenshaw"

Answer: Brandon's statement is highly speculative and nor is it supported by facts. In fact, it could interpreted as extremely slanderous. By using the word "scrutinizing", do you mean accusing Tariq of stealing the donors money and noting (and relishing) the absence of a muesem building, publicly? Once the building was bought, why the sudden and noticeable shift of emphasis on the buildings lack resemblance with the initial plan? Are those the actions of a honestly "concerned citizen"?

"When the supposed vandalism took place, Brandon kept asking “why is there not any footage?” He called the tenants as a concerned citizen and they were not aware of vandalism either."

Answer: Why involve yourself with a person you suspect is a con man? What were his good intentions as a "concerned citizen"? You've already gone public with your discontent with the man, why go this deep into his business? What wrong with ignoring him and building your brand?

"When Taharka Bey started to critique FBA once again Tariq started to dox and revealed all of Taharka’s information and told everyone that Taharka was a sex offender eventhough TAHARKA IS NOT ON ANY SEX OFFFENDER REGISTRIES."

Answer: He actually warned Taharka Bey before going in, even gave him props and commended him regarding his program and asked him not to slick diss and be disrespectful. Taharka choose to double down on his attacks and false claims.

"And an interesting point is when Taharka Bey was allegedly slapped by Tariq, Tariq was able to get the footage within an hour but to this day we have seen no footage of the supposed vandalism. Which goes back to Brandon’s original point that the vandalism seems staged because there are cameras all around and Tariq should have been able to supply footage."

Answer: The overall theme of your segment appears to be that you do not trust Tariq. If that is the case, why focus or involve yourself with such a person? Why not leave him be? Why the constant focus and unprovoked attacks by everyone mentioned in the original post.

The title of this post is geared to attempt to explain hater Backlash. The original post cites specific ppl who are active part of that precieved backlash....My question is why give so much attention and energy to a person who is presumed to be so whollyfully untrustworthy and devious?

Last edited:
    RCNAL
    RCNAL
    I've never, ever seen any project, especially any with 7 figures meet specs. Ever. Almost always adjusted lower. I've invested as one of several silent partners in all manner of businesses, much smaller in scope and the lead person had to adjust.

None of his movies turned out exactly how he wanted. He's left good material on the cutting room floor. Had to scale back the time, etc. That's normal.

You can't account for everything. No matter how much advance work you do. A few investors weren't happy in some, most were. So it was deemed a success. The owners of the original sight was on some racist ish, eventually he put up his own money, half of what was needed, a million. If that's not skin in the game, I'm not sure what is.

Huge difference between adjusting projects due to new or unforseen realities and outright lying. Experience tells us that Black folks are the most skeptical with each other on projects and this has overwhelming support, I'd say it was a success.
    Reactions: ZxBro
    Troy
    Troy
    RCNAL there’s a difference between not up to spec and changing the scope. Not up to spec would be if we went in and the floors were dirty or if it needed to be painted. This is a scope change. It went from a > 16.000 sq ft building to 1300 sq ft. It’s a total change up of the project.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    In regards to the Scope Change comment here is the evidence.

He told us he was having issues, ok that’s fair…understood.

Next update he tells us he is purchasing a building, ok great.

But in between that time he never told us that the project was going to change dramatically. He didn’t tell us it was going to go from the museum we donated to in the campaign video to a 1300 sq ft room.

387FBD8F-B702-48DA-A074-8EE928EF8083.jpeg 023C45A1-3A85-4C99-B257-A4B465F00E2B.jpeg

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Please stop using words like “loaded phraseology” you’re using the same exaggeration tactics on me that white people do when trying to get a Black person killed by police. You said it was common sense that the scope would change, I said it wasn’t we’ll leave it at that.

The overall goal is for the output to match the plan as much as possible, it doesn’t and that’s my entire point. Where we differ is I don’t think it’s acceptable and you do.You keep trying to “big league“ me to avoid accepting that we simply have a difference in values and expedtation and it‘s not because I’m a hater.

Which he did on multiple occasions. Which is why I state that the backlash isn’t hate, it’s lack of transparency and then when called out on the lack of transparency Tariq resulted to insults. That’ is how you make enemies not allies.

I never expressed discontent with any man, you see how I focused on actions while you keep making this personal? I spoke specifically about actions this man has taken.

Answer: He actually warned Taharka Bey before going in, even gave him props and commended him regarding his program and asked him not to slick diss and be disrespectful. Taharka choose to double down on his attacks and false claims.

Where the claims actually false? Also why not just ignore or sue for defamation? The path he took of doxxing, making cartoons, and video games actually out himself in a worse spot because now he has to defend himself against a lawsuit. His immaturity and lack of restraint made the situation worse which is why my premise that Tariq is not a victim, these are the chickens coming home to roost is accurate. When you’re in the spotlight and using people’s money there will always be scrutiny. If you choose to handle the scrutiny like a child it can cause backlash.

Answer: The overall theme of your segment appears to be that you do not trust Tariq. If that is the case, why focus or involve yourself with such a person? Why not leave him be? Why the constant focus and unprovoked attacks by everyone mentioned in the original post.
    Once again you’re not sticking to the facts and instead try to characterize my argument as “hate” or “unprovoked”. It’s not hate and it’s not unprovoked Tariq said “give me x and i’ll give you y” we give him x and he comes back with y - 20. I’m saying “wrf” and you’re saying “y-20 is good too”. Stop trying to paint scrutiny as hate. You kept calling scrutiny “hoe shit’ and “baby mama shit“ but aren’t hoes and baby mama’s known for not taking accountability, deflecting, and calling names? All I see here is refusal to hold Tariq to account.

Nothing in my post says this. Stop using strawman tactics please.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    The reason it went from 16,000 to 1,300, to me at least, knowing LA. Having been in that area and knowing LA real estate is the best 'we' could do.

He had to buy something. Holding on to the money for months and months waiting for the right property at the right price would be counter productive. Also, he was desperately looking around even to the point of considering Atlanta.

He did the best he could under the circumstances and put up his own money. That itself speaks volumes. Its not enough for some, and I won't tell them it should. But its good enough effort for the overwhelming amount of his support.

I'm taking it all into its proper perspective. Applying my own reason, logic and scope to the whole situation. It's not good enough for a certain few. Fair enough. Agree to disagree.

Troy
    Troy
    The reason it went from 16,000 to 1,300, to me at least, knowing LA. Having been in that area and knowing LA real estate is the best 'we' could do.

But Tariq lives in LA so did he not know this beforehand? Was this a project done on impulse without understanding the Real Estate market in CA?

He did the best he could under the circumstances and put up his own money.

How? The building he bought was about $900k so how did he put up his own money? The public gave enough to purchase it cash and still have a couple hundred grand left over.

He did the best he could under the circumstances and put up his own money. That itself speaks volumes. I

The issue is the lack of transparency. If he said “hey everyone, things in LA are rough, I don’t want to make it outside of the city so I‘m going to reduce the scope down to where we will have a smaller footprint but we’ll rotate out the exhibits once a month” I wouldn’t have had that large of an issue. But what did we get instead?

“Where is dat museum neega” memes.

But the problem is, the majority of his fans tolerate his disrespect and so he doesn’t feel the need to change. He tells people “I’m a boss, what you gonna do about it” after taking the community’s donations and people make excuses. It’s church pathology…Tariq is the pastor and he has a congregation.

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

He had to buy something. Holding on to the money for months and months waiting for the right property at the right price would be counter productive. Also, he was desperately looking around even to the point of considering Atlanta.

He did the best he could under the circumstances and put up his own money. That itself speaks volumes. Its not enough for some, and I won't tell them it should. But its good enough effort for the overwhelming amount of his support.

I'm taking it all into its proper perspective. Applying my own reason, logic and scope to the whole situation. It's not good enough for a certain few. Fair enough. Agree to disagree.

if that was the case (which i doubt it), he just should've refunded everyone's money and washed his hands of it.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Which one is it? Tariq de-frauded or isn't smart about things? Choose a reason. If you haven't studied the LA real estate market or lived in LA and know the market, you can't really comment on the LA market. I know the LA market. I have property in LA. I know that area. My cousin's ex is lived on an intersection that included Jefferson Blvd. I have eaten at Harold's and Bell's that he mentions. I'm not an expert on the market, ,but I know the market. Plus throw in the racism. Los Angelenos who have been around a minute will know about the old Crenshaw swapmeet area that is near the Crenshaw Mall and cinema. A coalition that included Blacks offered more than the competing bid which was a white group and sold it to them. The original building Tariq wanted was sold to someone with a weaker bid. You can't know where the racism will pop up till you are in the mix.

The fact there is a lack of backlash from 95% (and I'm being very conservative) from those who donated says it was supported. There are millions of people who own Google stock and no matter how well it does you will always find someone stock owner who will complain.

Tariq put up a million of his own money to get this building. He's stated that a few times. You have your facts incorrect. The original building was 900k. The one we got is much more.

By your standards it didn't. Again, you are complaining about him not meeting YOUR standards. Which is fine. But your opinion isn't the standard especially when the vast majority of people who donated are okay with it.

For those that donated and aren't happy with the end result, were you generally a Tariq supporter prior? And did the museum and the TB thing change your view of him? Or something else?

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Which one is it? Tariq de-frauded or isn't smart about things? Choose a reason. If you haven't studied the LA real estate market or lived in LA and know the market, you can't really comment on the LA market. I know the LA market. I have property in LA. I know that area. My cousin's ex is lived on an intersection that included Jefferson Blvd. I have eaten at Harold's and Bell's that he mentions. I'm not an expert on the market, ,but I know the market. Plus throw in the racism. Los Angelenos who have been around a minute will know about the old Crenshaw swapmeet area that is near the Crenshaw Mall and cinema. A coalition that included Blacks offered more than the competing bid which was a white group and sold it to them. The original building Tariq wanted was sold to someone with a weaker bid. You can't know where the racism will pop up till you are in the mix.

The fact there is a lack of backlash from 95% (and I'm being very conservative) from those who donated says it was supported. There are millions of people who own Google stock and no matter how well it does you will always find someone stock owner who will complain.

Tariq put up a million of his own money to get this building. He's stated that a few times. You have your facts incorrect. The original building was 900k. The one we got is much more.

By your standards it didn't. Again, you are complaining about him not meeting YOUR standards. Which is fine. But your opinion isn't the standard especially when the vast majority of people who donated are okay with it.

For those that donated and aren't happy with the end result, were you generally a Tariq supporter prior? And did the museum and the TB thing change your view of him? Or something else?
    Say that to TARIQ, HE CAN HOLD HIS OWN. My FOCUS HAD ALWAYS BEEN ON WS. I'M NOT CHANGING THAT FOR ANYBODY. EVEN YOU.

D

Deleted member 1946

I think one of the criticisms of Tariq is fair which is he seems to perpetuate division amongst Black people.

D

Deleted member 1946

That's number 1..
    I will say one this. I did see a video of a dude who said he paid something for the Hidden History Museum. I can't remember if he showed a receipt of his donation, but he said he was disappointed that it was turned partially into a nightclub. Outside of this 1 man, I agree I don't see anybody else who contributed complaining.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    As the thread says, I agree none of the criticisms are out of hate because those on here who re critical are B1 but I don't think we're anywhere close to 'chickens coming home to roost'.

He's overwhelmingly supported. Maybe its growing but as far as I can tell there isn't any large number of people who were once supporters and now aren't.

There are people who have always disliked him but we're not talking about them (Black republicans, Democratic shills, etc). We're not talking about them.

The proof will be his future projects. He may lose support for other things. But so far, he's not losing people over the museum. A separate argument is if he should.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    He still has as much support as Dr. Umar when people support what you do they'll donate whether it be time or finances. I donated and I'm satisfied with the end product and hope it continues to grow from here because I'll continue to donate to B1 projects that I believe In. Investing is a gamble, there's always a chance it won't end in your favor even with proper research. These are the chances we take even if we build it ourselves. ✊🏿💯

D

Deleted member 1946

As the thread says, I agree none of the criticisms are out of hate because those on here who re critical are B1 but I don't think we're anywhere close to 'chickens coming home to roost'.

He's overwhelmingly supported. Maybe its growing but as far as I can tell there isn't any large number of people who were once supporters and now aren't.

There are people who have always disliked him but we're not talking about them (Black republicans, Democratic shills, etc). We're not talking about them.

The proof will be his future projects. He may lose support for other things. But so far, he's not losing people over the museum. A separate argument is if he should.
    He seems to do a project each year that he needs support with.

D

Deleted member 1946

He still has as much support as Dr. Umar when people support what you do they'll donate whether it be time or finances. I donated and I'm satisfied with the end product and hope it continues to grow from here because I'll continue to donate to B1 projects that I believe In. Investing is a gamble, there's always a chance it won't end in your favor even with proper research. These are the chances we take even if we build it ourselves. ✊🏿💯
    I know more people support Tariq than Dr. Umar only because at least Tariq has come through with most of what he has said. People have gotten so suspicious about Dr. Umar's school since multiple people volunteered to help him for free so he could hit the ground running without certain expenses that he would otherwise have had.

RCNAL
    RCNAL
    They (and I'm including all the pro black influencers Dr. Boyce, Tone Talks, Tariq, Dr. Umar, etc) make their living off Black community support. That's a good thing. Because we can get rid of people who aren't doing their part with our dollars as a collective. In theory if they cross a line, they stop getting funded by most of us. There will always be some of us who don't support one or more for personal reasons. The people will speak with their dollars. Does this always work? No, case in point the Black church.