Movies and TV

Where TV and Film lovers go to talk about their favorite programming.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

The Book of Eli

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA

Does anyone remember this film? I watched it shortly after it was released from theaters and remember loving it. I was randomly thinking about the story that took place here. Where the world had gone through hell and this man is out there on his own just trying to protect the bible. It was almost like an end of days scenario. Not too many movies get this close to the bible or religion anymore in America. This is the last one I remember seeing that even hinted at it. A strong, God-fearing black man who is a hero. We need more movies like this.

leah.B1

Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    Does anyone remember this film? I watched it shortly after it was released from theaters and remember loving it. I was randomly thinking about the story that took place here. Where the world had gone through hell and this man is out there on his own just trying to protect the bible. It was almost like an end of days scenario. Not too many movies get this close to the bible or religion anymore in America. This is the last one I remember seeing that even hinted at it. A strong, God-fearing black man who is a hero. We need more movies like this.
    I haven't watched the movie but hearing that they have a strong God fearing black man is a bit surprising. Especially knowing Hollywood and how they like to put Europeans as the heros in everything and kill of the black man immediately. I may check this movie out. Thanks for talking about it!

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I haven't watched the movie but hearing that they have a strong God fearing black man is a bit surprising. Especially knowing Hollywood and how they like to put Europeans as the heros in everything and kill of the black man immediately. I may check this movie out. Thanks for talking about it!
    They'll let a strong black man slip in here and there and then drop 10 weak black men after that.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yeah I know. It is ridiculous but this movie did stand out to me because of that. Give it a watch. Denzel is an amazing actor but we all know that. I can't say there is a movie he was in that I watched and didn't enjoy now that I think about it.

Drakbluud

Senior Sixer
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yeah. Like they did in that Netflix series The 100. Sickening. I was so excited to see a young black leader in a sci-fi, then woop! smdh

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I saw it and loved it. You can pretty much count on Denzel to not make a movie that makes black men look bad, Training Day, although a bad guy he was all masculine. Same in Man on Fire . He needed to change up from doing the same type of role.

I would recommend this movie as well.

ygSky0D

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    ITS A DOPE MOVIE
    I saw it and loved it. You can pretty much count on Denzel to not make a movie that makes black men look bad, Training Day, although a bad guy he was all masculine. Same in Man on Fire . He needed to change up from doing the same type of role.

I would recommend this movie as well.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    No surprise because its Denzel. He is one of the few that can have a movie like that, get it done and pull it off.

MarleyK20

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

I remember this movie and just thought it was a weird movie but good. Now that I am thinking about this revealing and awakening, it really was about the last days and the mark of the beast. You’re going to need to have your own bibles and they'll need to be old because Pilgrims are already changing words in it to ensure the Chosen say and do wrong. Also, to delay the tribulation and their judgment.

Thanks for bringing this movie back to my remembrance. I'm going to rewatch it. Nothing Hollywood does is an accident. I hope folks are ready for demon time. They're getting ready to unleash the Kracken on us. Time is almost up. All these evil movies and cartoons have been warning us. Once you see with your spiritual eyes, it's hard to unsee what's going on.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I remember this movie and just thought it was a weird movie but good. Now that I am thinking about this revealing and awakening, it really was about the last days and the mark of the beast. You’re going to need to have your own bibles and they'll need to be old because Pilgrims are already changing words in it to ensure the Chosen say and do wrong. Also, to delay the tribulation and their judgment.

Thanks for bringing this movie back to my remembrance. I'm going to rewatch it. Nothing Hollywood does is an accident. I hope folks are ready for demon time. They're getting ready to unleash the Kracken on us. Time is almost up. All these evil movies and cartoons have been warning us. Once you see with your spiritual eyes, it's hard to unsee what's going on.
    I think they signal to us. Or at least some of them do. Maybe some people are trying to wake people up just enough to be prepared or maybe they are trying to manipulate our perception of reality. My father is convinced that they are going to stage an alien invasion given that they pushed so many alien movies in the last 30 years.