The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

The F is going on with the IRS!?

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I heard this yesterday from someone at work. I am like, no way that is real. I looked it up and sure enough...

It would appear the article got it wrong... But I feel like they got it right and the IRS just backtracked.

So, as of January 20th, the IRS’s official position is that you can e-file without uploading a selfie, a selfie will be required for accessing your records through IRS.gov, and that’s not changing for now. Just be aware, when filing your taxes, that virtually everything will indicate that you must use this new system, but that’s not true. We regret the error.
If they start requiring selfies to have access to the money they STOLE from me, I am going to lose it.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Everything that government does is susceptible to being nullified by the American People. If all 325 million Americans say, "No!", what can the government really do? The government fear enough people saying, "No!", and mean it.
This is why I wish we could form a large enough collective to stop paying federal taxes. What could they possibly do? Throw us all in prison?
bbc three laugh GIF by BBC

Good luck with that one!

I am fine with state taxes to cover local things like road repair, water filtration, and sanitation, etc. but there is NO DAMN REASON we should be paying federal taxes, especially not black folks who were robbed of a fair start in life.