The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

The History of Black's in Oregon

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
Community Host
Tither
App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm from Portland, Oregon a lot of my family on my mother's side have been here for a very long time. My Dad's side of the family is from Los Angeles with very deep roots there as well. We have a long connection to Portland and in the book "A Peculiar Paradise" it features my great great great grandfather , he owned a few shops in downtown Portland, we even have a park named after my cousin,here in Portland.
    I'll share some of that story in post.
    Here's a few pictures, one with my great great grandma, my twin and I are on her lap. (from my ancestry page)
    We have deep roots here in Portland.

Attachments

20211218_222027.jpg 20211218_220537.jpg 20211218_220514.jpg 20211218_220425.jpg

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Until I joined this site, I never thought that Oregon had a significant Black population. It's still surprising.
    Portland used to be the hub for Blacks in Oregon, North and North East were known to be the "Black area" the last 30 years though they Gentrified the sh*t out of our area, we are less than 1% population in the whole state now.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I lived in Oregon for 6 yrs. Eugene, OR, where the university is. It was eye-opening and I would never recommend to anyone black to move there. I would recommend to blacks who are there, to move out. Portland is probably the safest spot because the black population was higher there, but still, not a place I would recommend moving to....

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I lived in Oregon for 6 yrs. Eugene, OR, where the university is. It was eye-opening and I would never recommend to anyone black to move there. I would recommend to blacks who are there, to move out. Portland is probably the safest spot because the black population was higher there, but still, not a place I would recommend moving to....
    Eugene is klan country, I'm from Portland so I know how the white supremist are out here. In all honesty, they are kkkowards. They won't ever press you if it's one on one, they might try if it's 4-5 on one. But most of the brothas out here won't hesitate to fold one of these bastards up.
    Like I said earlier, Portland has always been the hub for Black's in Oregon.

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm from Portland, Oregon a lot of my family on my mother's side have been here for a very long time. My Dad's side of the family is from Los Angeles with very deep roots there as well. We have a long connection to Portland and in the book "A Peculiar Paradise" it features my great great great grandfather , he owned a few shops in downtown Portland, we even have a park named after my cousin,here in Portland.
    Here's a few pictures, one with my great great grandma, my twin and I are on her lap. (from my ancestry page)
    Out Phucking Standing!!! I love reading this hidden black history. My grandfather told me how that state wouldnt allow freed slave to live there. How are the police out there? Is coastal land still only being sold to Pinkertons? Do they play that #BlackTaxing game with prices?

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I watched a doc about Blacks in Oregon.It was very interesting. It was very eye opening.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Out Phucking Standing!!! I love reading this hidden black history. My grandfather told me how that state wouldnt allow freed slave to live there. How are the police out there? Is coastal land still only being sold to Pinkertons? Do they play that #BlackTaxing game with prices?
    It wasn't until 1920 - 22 that Black's weren't allowed to even be in the state, and if you did have business or something here you had to be gone by a certain time or get whipped.
    Yea all of our coast is owned by White's, I only go to seaside (city) when I do go to the coast because it's mostly heavily mixed crowds there,probably because it's pretty popular. But the other areas cannon beach, Astoria, ect.. Mostly all white people. It's not bad down there really, being Black you know how to read a room and the vibe of an area. The police in Portland are no different than any other pig, they don't really go out of their way to fck with us down here. Not like in the other states.