The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

The King changes his tune

Revolution_2

Master Sixer
Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Other
    Origin
    USA

Roparker71

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    LeBron just gained a little bit of my respect back...
    Brie Larson Kinda GIF by National Geographic Channel

Like this much.

Sun Light

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The USA’s racism is on full display. Everyone is in on it in ever aspect of society and this is a great example. They wanted to bury Kyrie and anyone associated but with Jerry Jones they’re trying to bury the story and give him a pass.
    Same with Welfare Trash Brett Favre.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I had a huge problem with LeBron back in the day. He was doing the Michael Jordan thing and being protective of his brand and public persona so he stayed away from any 'controversial' black topics.

The most egregious was when he denied knowing what the Tamir Race case was about in the city he plays basketball and was not only national news but the biggest news in Cleveland at the time.

I think he has learned his lesson and has over the years started being more vocal about supporting the black community. One of the biggest examples was leading the players to boycott the league because of systemic racism/BLM/Floyd, etc. It was Obama that talked them out of it.

Because he got more conscious/woke, Laura Ingram on Fox News said that famous 'just shut up and dribble' comment about him. When you are pissing off racists you are doing the right thing. That, for me, is proof he is changing or has changed.

I also notice something. A common debate in basketball is who is the GOAT. The conversation is usually between Jordan vs Kobe or LeBron. Since Kobe passed, its not respectful so much to bring him up like that so it goes towards a Jordan vs LeBron debate.

Now, both are fantastic players. You can believe Jordan is the GOAT but still can't deny that LeBron is a top 3 or 5 player. That alone is a fantastic achievement to be considered that when you look at the 1000s of NBA players over the decades.

Whenever I see this debate online. White people go extra hard on LeBron and talk about him personally 'crybaby' , 'no college', etc. LeBron is symbolic of any Black person who is pro Black. They hide it by using a basketball topic (Who is the GOAT) as cover. Black men are discussing it purely on sports terms and the ones that back Jordan will often go extra on LeBron using the white men talking points. I've seen that.

So, Black men are debating this in a different spirit than white men are. For Black men its all about sports, for white men its all about anti Blackness with a sports facade.

Look at the comments of any white man on this and you will see two things. First, they go extra hard on LeBron and 99% will not say he's the GOAT. Black men in the comments may go a higher percentage for Jordan but a good number will choose LeBron. 99% of white men will not choose LeBron.
    PS: Latino men are on that bullsh*t as well.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    LeBron ain't getting my respect back. The dude threw so many people under the bus and is basically a CCP puppet for his money. Back when he was on the Cavs I think it was with Kyrie, I remember him throwing dude under the bus back then cause he had strange theories. Like bro, just cause Kyrie don't think like you don't mean you throw him under the bus.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    You are absolutely right about 'back then'. He was with the Cavs twice. If it was the firs time, he left there in 2010. In any event, the LeBron right now is a different person. He's far more sensitive to the black community.

Also, his past bad actions notwithstanding, I don't believe we should be letting white folks f*ck with him. The fact they are says he's doing something right. Meaning being pro black.

TekhNiqo

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don’t take his position seriously and while I do feel that it’s okay to think and view things differently I disliked how he responded to the Kyrie Irving situation. I understand that athletes need to be tactical if they want to maintain their dollars and image is everything but at the same time I don’t have to agree with it. So to me I feel like what he’s saying has more to do with protecting his image and similarly how Stephen A and even Shannon Sharpe changed their tune when they realized their “approval rating” has dropped.

Again just my two cents and it doesn’t amount to anything because I don’t know him personally.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    I don’t take his position seriously and while I do feel that it’s okay to think and view things differently I disliked how he responded to the Kyrie Irving situation. I understand that athletes need to be tactical if they want to maintain their dollars and image is everything but at the same time I don’t have to agree with it. So to me I feel like what he’s saying has more to do with protecting his image and similarly how Stephen A and even Shannon Sharpe changed their tune when they realized their “approval rating” has dropped.

Again just my two cents and it doesn’t amount to anything because I don’t know him personally.
    Sometimes saying "no comment" is the best way to not bring heat on yourself while remaining on code. When you feel as if you HAVE TO speak against your brother to not take any heat, there's an issue. No testicular fortitude.

TekhNiqo

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Sometimes saying "no comment" is the best way to not bring heat on yourself while remaining on code. When you feel as if you HAVE TO speak against your brother to not take any heat, there's an issue. No testicular fortitude.
    Definitely, and white people do it all the time. I agree 1000%