The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

The Real New Year

YahudahQueen96

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I use to celebrate the pagan new year until I came into the truth. The real new year is actually in March and not the dead of winter. It would be nice if the calendars were corrected being that March is supposed to be the first month and February the final month. I’m not here to debate. If you want to celebrate the new year in January, then go right ahead. Peace to you all.

41276D74-BC51-4F00-8330-5A69FDB3B8C6.jpeg

ProMoatBlack

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Living on my land has shown me the truth in this fact. Ain't no planting or growing happening when it's 15 or negative degrees outside. However the spring is when you can come out the house and be productive. Modernity has spoiled man kind. The old ways show and prove themselves time and time again.

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    I use to celebrate the pagan new year until I came into the truth. The real new year is actually in March and not the dead of winter. It would be nice if the calendars were corrected being that March is supposed to be the first month and February the final month. I’m not here to debate. If you want to celebrate the new year in January, then go right ahead. Peace to you all.

View attachment 6105
    Same. I'm mad that I wasn't hipped to this so late in life, because when I finally was, it made so much sense.

ProMoatBlack

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The new year can be whatever you want it to be but in Rome that shit hits on the first of Jan.
    Rome ain't shit. Neither was Greece. Can't stand their descendents either. Spittle is what the most high calls them

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I always assume the start of the new year was the last frost of the winter season which is usually the end of March to mid April.

I don't care about the holiday or go out of my way to celebrate it but I take it as a reset button and a means to set some goals and get ish done for myself. My parents always have a small family dinner on the 1st to start the new year off with togetherness.

JerriBun

Master Sixer
    Super Moderator
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    No Way Smh GIF by MOODMAN

No new beginnings, no new starts, no resets, etc. etc. in the dead of Winter. Nothing is new, it's either dead or sleeping.

Man likes to control everything, so of course they want to "control" all aspects of time.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

View attachment 6105
    Common Sense ain't common huh awkh'ee? 👳🏿‍♂️

Finesse

Sixer
    zBucks
    I don't bother celebrating new years to begin with. It's just another day for me, just like even the holidays are just another set of days for me. Albeit I do give out gifts and celebrate with the family, I don't take it as seriously as I did when I was a kid experiencing it all for the first time.

I didn't know that the new year should start in March though.

YahudahQueen96

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don't bother celebrating new years to begin with. It's just another day for me, just like even the holidays are just another set of days for me. Albeit I do give out gifts and celebrate with the family, I don't take it as seriously as I did when I was a kid experiencing it all for the first time.

I didn't know that the new year should start in March though.
    I always like to spend time with my family. I don’t deal in the holiday madness of shopping for gifts and haven’t put up a tree in seven years. I don’t celebrate any of these wicked holidays. The new year actually begins in the spring time. March was originally the first month of the year. If you open up, you’ll see how January is not the true first month. The white man manipulated so much. How much sense does it make in celebrating new in a dead season where no plants are growing, the animals aren’t out. I don’t even like going outside much in the Winter I’m sleepy all the time(I’m sleepy right now). My energy is down du season. I have to wear layers depending on the temperature. I could go on.

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I always like to spend time with my family. I don’t deal in the holiday madness of shopping for gifts and haven’t put up a tree in seven years. I don’t celebrate any of these wicked holidays. The new year actually begins in the spring time. March was originally the first month of the year. If you open up, you’ll see how January is not the true first month. The white man manipulated so much. How much sense does it make in celebrating new in a dead season where no plants are growing, the animals aren’t out. I don’t even like going outside much in the Winter I’m sleepy all the time(I’m sleepy right now). My energy is down du season. I have to wear layers depending on the temperature. I could go on.
    Appreciate this perspective, Sis.