The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

The Reason I Buy Black, We Have The Power To Make Or Break Any Company.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    It's amazing (and telling) that you use these asians to speak on Black Empowerment when our Elder Dr.Claude Anderson has been speaking on this for decades and even has a book dedicated to empowering Black People He speaks on Dr.Boyce Watkins and Vicki Dillard's YouTube channels regularly he's a master teacher but I guess it's the tik tok generation tho......🤷🏾‍♂️ Y'all do things differently. ✊🏿

SmileyO

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You Got It Yes GIF by NETFLIX

Miket395

(XY) 🇺🇸 #FBA Unvaccinated
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    It's amazing (and telling) that you use these asians to speak on Black Empowerment when our Elder Dr.Claude Anderson has been speaking on this for decades and even has a book dedicated to empowering Black People He speaks on Dr.Boyce Watkins and Vicki Dillard's YouTube channels regularly he's a master teacher but I guess it's the tik tok generation tho......🤷🏾‍♂️ Y'all do things differently. ✊🏿

I'm just showing how other races watch us, to the people that you just mentioned I follow And subscribe to them and repost their stuff as well.
    #Powernomics

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It boils down to internalized anti-Blackness and I’m not referring to Miket395 he is solid. But since the society doesn’t value Black people a lot of Black people internalize it and project it. So Dr. Claud Anderson saying it has less value than some random white, Asian or Hispanic person.

D

Deleted member 1946

We need to stop listening to these other people when it comes to our issues. Dr. Anderson already explained to us what we need to do in his Powernomics book.

D

Deleted member 1946

It boils down to internalized anti-Blackness and I’m not referring to Miket395 he is solid. But since the society doesn’t value Black people a lot of Black people internalize it and project it. So Dr. Claud Anderson saying it has less value than some random white, Asian or Hispanic person.
    100 million percent true. Dr. Amos Wilson as well who has long been deceased.

D

Deleted member 1946

I'm just showing how other races watch us, to the people that you just mentioned I follow And subscribe to them and repost their stuff as well.
    #Powernomics
    Yes, they watch us. And they read our books as well. Dr. Claud Anderson said that a particular university library had his Powernomics book in it. And he was disappointed when Asians were the one checking it out the most and not our people.

D

Deleted member 1946

It is almost like we wait until other groups of folks say the stuff our folks have been saying.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I look for us every chance I get. Even if I gotta pay a bit more. There are members of other groups who want to be filthy rich. Certain groups make sure their huge company addresses their ethnic group, religion or politics. (Mormons, Jews, Koreans, among others).

Eva Longoria got a group of the richest latinos in America, came to Obama with a bag and they got DACA and in the process bought off the Democratic party so that they are now the preferred 'minority' (yeah, yeah, I don't like that term either).

I have yet to find a Jewish billionaire or member on the Forbes 400 who didn't donate to Israel related charities, etc. There are a few well known black businessmen who are in that 1 percent Robert Johnson, billionaire formerly of BET, his wife is a billionaire sista, Byron Allen, Jay Z, Oprah, there are 10s of 1000s of black millionaires in America. Other than TBA and Tariq I don't know of any that ride hard? I am not sure if Dr. Anderson is a millionaire. Maybe he is, if so, add him to the list, but our enemies have billionaires spending millions.

I can't find a black person, non athlete, non entertainer, who made his or her money from business who is riding for us. Maybe there is and they are doing it on the low, but we'd have heard.

We make it and say eff it. They give to charities that aren't really as effective.

D

Deleted member 1946

In order for us all to get rich, we
    I look for us every chance I get. Even if I gotta pay a bit more. There are members of other groups who want to be filthy rich. Certain groups make sure their huge company addresses their ethnic group, religion or politics. (Mormons, Jews, Koreans, among others).

Eva Longoria got a group of the richest latinos in America, came to Obama with a bag and they got DACA and in the process bought off the Democratic party so that they are now the preferred 'minority' (yeah, yeah, I don't like that term either).

I have yet to find a Jewish billionaire or member on the Forbes 400 who didn't donate to Israel related charities, etc. There are a few well known black businessmen who are in that 1 percent Robert Johnson, billionaire formerly of BET, his wife is a billionaire sista, Byron Allen, Jay Z, Oprah, there are 10s of 1000s of black millionaires in America. Other than TBA and Tariq I don't know of any that ride hard? I am not sure if Dr. Anderson is a millionaire. Maybe he is, if so, add him to the list, but our enemies have billionaires spending millions.

I can't find a black person, non athlete, non entertainer, who made his or her money from business who is riding for us. Maybe there is and they are doing it on the low, but we'd have heard.

We make it and say eff it. They give to charities that aren't really as effective.
    The richest Black folks are all sellouts. No exceptions. I'm talking about like $50 million and up. You do have some good Black folks with $5 million in the minority.

RCNAL
    RCNAL
    Even though Jay Z has bailed out 100s if not 1000s of protesters, and I (and we) are immensely grateful, he's a billionaire. I expect more from someone out of the projects. I may not use the word sell out personally but I won't say someone else is wrong for using it.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Here is something I have argued with white folks, black conservatives about and even regular brothers and sisters. The Dems keep talking jobs, jobs when it comes to blacks. So do Republicans.

But if we look at other groups who faced bigotry and got marginalized economically, it wasn't primarily jobs that gave them an economy to insulate themselves from economic and social bigotry, it was their own businesses.

Chinatowns are in many cities. LA has an area called Koreatown and if you go to Queens, NYC especially around the Flushing era, tons of Koreans and Korean businesses. Same with Little Italy. Bank of America was first started by an Italian immigrant that was a bank for SF's Italian community (it's actually pretty big. Baseball legend Joe DiMaggio came from the Bay).

No one talks doing that for Blacks. Notice that? White people know that if we only have jobs, even if they are good jobs, they control us. You can lay us off, you can fire pro black employees over some BS, you can replace that job with an immigrant.

Businesses is in our DNA. We came out of the Civil War building Black wall streets. It's unprecedented. At that time high illiteracy rate, lynchings, imprisoned for such things as vagrancy to feed the free labor to build railroads, tunnels and bridges. Yes, ended up with a black area of town that was richer than the white area like Durham, NC, Tulsa, OK. We don't get enough credit for that. Same in the Caribbean. The British ended slavery by the early 1830. So many ex slaves left to start their own stores, independent contracting businesses, the British had to bring in Chinese and Indians to do the hard labor. I've been to the continent both east and west Africa, seen viable black businesses, restaurants, supply stores, clothing stores, banks, etc. Richest black person in the world, Dangote, from Nigeria runs an extremely streamlined, efficient multi billion, multi-national business.

Where did it all go wrong? All three areas were targeted by white supremacy, left too many of us preferring white businesses and brands. In the 90s, black owned clothing brands were the ones we wanted, Karl Kani, FUBU, Phat Pharm, etc, then white labels pushed songs that spoke on Versace, Gucci (Gucci Mane), etc and we dropped our own peoples clothes. Those brands could have been global by now. And they were made by people from the soil, from the street.

I remember when the brother who started Bevel, Tristan Walker, Grooming Products Specifically Designed for Sensitive Skin | Bevel Tristan Walker (entrepreneur) - Wikipedia was getting huge offers from big companies, he said he didn't want to sell to Gillette, he wanted to be bigger than Gillette. Until some white company came with a bag big enough for him to change that mindset. I was hoping he'd be different. I can't blame any black person for turning down big money from Procter and Gamble but dang, it was a hit company non music, non athlete, that could be scaled up. Byron Allen's white wife gonna get back that money. The richest black person at one time early 90s, a brother named Reginald Lewis who bought Beatrice a company with a lot of popular household brand names. He married a Filipina, mysteriously died and his widow is the richest woman in the Philippines and his two black daughters? Well, one of them married a white boy, so that inheritance going right back to white people, the brothers money not even 40 years old and white and non black folks got it back. About 3-600 million or so at the time I think.

Swear on hood, no way I'd sell any huge black business I had to non black folks. The thing is to get B1 mindset to be at the level of Jay Z, Byron Allen, etc.

Roparker71

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    100 million percent true. Dr. Amos Wilson as well who has long been deceased.
    I've been saying this forever. Stop patronizing Anti-Blacks, period! Shop Black Owned Black Operated only!
    Make your own Chinese, Mexican, Italian & Vegan food. It'll taste better, healthier & you know what's in it.
    Invest in your own people! See how far Casper & associates make it without us!
    That goes for entertainers & athletes as well! What's Casper going to do when the stadium & arena seats are empty? No NBA, NFL, movie theaters, concerts, etc.
    WE'VE ALWAYS HAD THE POWER & DAMN IT, IT'S TIME WE FLEX OUR MUSCLE, FISTS & SHOW OUR STRENGTH & UNISON! LET'S GET TO WORK! ✊🏽✊🏽✊🏽✊🏽❤️🤴🏾👸🏽❤️✊🏽✊🏽✊🏽✊🏽

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

White people control 86% of the wealth in this country so everyone is eating off them in one way, shape or another. White America can cut the spigot off of anyone for any reason whenever and everyone knows it.

White America has selected Hispanics and Asians to ascend the ranks of the caste system so when they present their issues it is not a problem because it’s white daddy servicing it’s best gen of wage slaves.

When a Black person who is feeding off this same system steps to that system their hand gets slapped because White daddy is like “nigga you lucky to be alive now go shuck and jive before I cut off the tap”.

That’s why you don’t see it because rich Blacks are controlled economically. In order to oppose this system you have to be willing to pay the same price Malcolm X paid.

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Here is something I have argued with white folks, black conservatives about and even regular brothers and sisters. The Dems keep talking jobs, jobs when it comes to blacks. So do Republicans.
    I agree. I think they push jobs, jobs, jobs in public, bc that's what the masses, ie. the unemployed have "traditionally" clamored for , ... Privately, and even not so privately among certain groups (some may be like, look at me owning this store, which is worth a thousand words) they push ownership ... I've always said that we push to much on the employment route, .. We definitely need that, but use it as a springboard towards asset ownership ... Depending on how you look at it, a job is a liability in my eyes, .. I'm sure I'm looking at it from rosier glasses though ...
    Where did it all go wrong? All three areas were targeted by white supremacy, left too many of us preferring white businesses and brands. In the 90s, black owned clothing brands were the ones we wanted, Karl Kani, FUBU, Phat Pharm, etc, then white labels pushed songs that spoke on Versace, Gucci (Gucci Mane), etc and we dropped our own peoples clothes. Those brands could have been global by now. And they were made by people from the soil, from the street.
    We were duped, to be frank... but now some of us recognize, which is good ... It does not help that rappers and other celebrities help push the majority "Casper" brands ...
    Byron Allen's white wife gonna get back that money. The richest black person at one time early 90s, a brother named Reginald Lewis who bought Beatrice a company with a lot of popular household brand names. He married a Filipina, mysteriously died and his widow is the richest woman in the Philippines and his two black daughters? Well, one of them married a white boy, so that inheritance going right back to white people, the brothers money not even 40 years old and white and non black folks got it back. About 3-600 million or so at the time I think.
    This is the annoying detail ... The few allowed to prosper to that extent , ... I always wonder, were they targeted economically (It seems like that happens in sports a lot , ) , or did they make that mate choice?
    Swear on hood, no way I'd sell any huge black business I had to non black folks. The thing is to get B1 mindset to be at the level of Jay Z, Byron Allen, etc.