The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

The Rebel Mindset

TheHarmattan

*nix Master
Tither
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Do you have a rebel mindset?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmIzAMgojLA

Marlon Lamont Wayans[1] (born July 23, 1972) is an American actor, comedian, writer, and producer. Wayans began his career portraying a pedestrian in I'm Gonna Git You Sucka (1988). He went on to regularly collaborate with his brother Shawn Wayans on The WB sitcom The Wayans Bros. (1995–1999), and in the comedy films Scary Movie (2000), Scary Movie 2 (2001), White Chicks (2004), Little Man (2006), and Dance Flick (2009). Wayans had a dramatic role in Darren Aronofsky's critically acclaimed film Requiem for a Dream (2000), which saw his departure from the usual comedies.

Wayans has appeared in other films including Norbit (2007), G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009), The Heat (2013), A Haunted House (2013) and its sequel A Haunted House 2 (2014), Naked (2017), Fifty Shades of Black (2016), Sextuplets (2019), and On the Rocks (2020). He partnered with Randy Adams to create What the Funny, an online destination for urban comedy.[2][3] Wayans created the comedy competition television show Funniest Wins, which aired on TBS in 2014.[4] Since 2014, Wayans and his brothers have been traveling the U.S. with "The Wayans Brothers Tour".[5] In 2017, he began starring in his own NBC sitcom Marlon, which ran for two seasons.[6]

zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
I definitely have a rebel mindstate. But Keenan, his big brother to me was Hollywood's worst nightmare. I think he moved in a manner knowing that. The movies he was a part of had some kind of context to it. And some he was the Black hero. I cant wait to see what they do next. I know they arent done.

D

Deleted member 1946

To me, Marlon Wayans is no more than your typical Certified Opressor Operating Nimrod. He's fooled many of us for years, but after his latest take on the Alabama dock incident, it's plain as day that's always been the clown's actual character. He's trying desperately nowadays at becoming ol Massa's pet TOBY!
Be their pet until they get tired of him. Then they will do what they do to all their other puppets. Discard them.

D

Deleted member 1946

I definitely have a rebel mindstate. But Keenan, his big brother to me was Hollywood's worst nightmare. I think he moved in a manner knowing that. The movies he was a part of had some kind of context to it. And some he was the Black hero. I cant wait to see what they do next. I know they arent done.
Yep. He seemed to have more of a rebel mindstate than Marlon for sure. Not saying he was the most Blackety Black person.

Redd*Blitz
Redd*Blitz
Seeing as to how Keenan was screwed over big time by Hollyweird and its PTBs, from TV series to movie franchises, many would think him and the Wayans family would have a rebel mindset to where they're still testing the waters and going against the grain. However, Keenan, somewhere along the lines, had gotten tamed, spoiled, and conditioned by Hollyweird, to where it's "if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em!"
D

Deleted member 1946

Do you have a rebel mindset?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmIzAMgojLA

Marlon Lamont Wayans[1] (born July 23, 1972) is an American actor, comedian, writer, and producer. Wayans began his career portraying a pedestrian in I'm Gonna Git You Sucka (1988). He went on to regularly collaborate with his brother Shawn Wayans on The WB sitcom The Wayans Bros. (1995–1999), and in the comedy films Scary Movie (2000), Scary Movie 2 (2001), White Chicks (2004), Little Man (2006), and Dance Flick (2009). Wayans had a dramatic role in Darren Aronofsky's critically acclaimed film Requiem for a Dream (2000), which saw his departure from the usual comedies.

Wayans has appeared in other films including Norbit (2007), G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009), The Heat (2013), A Haunted House (2013) and its sequel A Haunted House 2 (2014), Naked (2017), Fifty Shades of Black (2016), Sextuplets (2019), and On the Rocks (2020). He partnered with Randy Adams to create What the Funny, an online destination for urban comedy.[2][3] Wayans created the comedy competition television show Funniest Wins, which aired on TBS in 2014.[4] Since 2014, Wayans and his brothers have been traveling the U.S. with "The Wayans Brothers Tour".[5] In 2017, he began starring in his own NBC sitcom Marlon, which ran for two seasons.[6]
I never can understand why folks coon so much when they are already making money. I guess they are not satisfied with their money and want more.