Self-Sufficiency and Preppers

Are you ready for the day the system falls? Our group is here to help each other prep for a disaster scenario.

Stats

Category
Lifestyle
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

The Self Sufficiency Thread

Mrs. BLACKRADICAL

Sixer
Community Host
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
My intent for creating this thread is for us to share with each other what we are doing to prepare for this country's system to fall.

Because we all know its coming.

I'm talking:
Gardening.
Alternative power
Livestock
Water catchment
Tips & tricks etc.

We need to gird up family.

#B1

Mrs. BLACKRADICAL

Sixer
Community Host
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
View: https://youtu.be/XYxay6VBol8

This sister has inspired me this year for sure.
My husband and I have a few bare acres we are developing into a homestead. But growing season is coming and going so quickly. I felt a little discouraged but she's inspired me to start a few herbs, edible flowers, peppers, and cucumbers.

ProMoatBlack

Sixer First Class+
Community Host
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
My intent for creating this thread is for us to share with each other what we are doing to prepare for this country's system to fall.

I'm talking:
Gardening.
Alternative power
Livestock
Water catchment
Tips & tricks etc.

#B1

I'm talking:
Gardening.
Alternative power
Livestock
Water catchment
Tips & tricks etc.

#B1
This brother helped me elevate my thinking of how far homesteading and especially on the subject of how far solar can go.

View: https://youtu.be/VkFlvvYF7l4

Heatice

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Half Black
Origin
Canada
With the rate at which food shortage getting serious, getting into agriculture would be the best way forward because if we don't strive to provide for ourselves, no would and not even the government. We'd all starve. I have already had my little garden cultivated and I'm never stopping that now.

ProMoatBlack

Sixer First Class+
Community Host
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
With the rate at which food shortage getting serious, getting into agriculture would be the best way forward because if we don't strive to provide for ourselves, no would and not even the government. We'd all starve. I have already had my little garden cultivated and I'm never stopping that now.
Never stop!! Keep it up brother. Question have you ever heard of this company https://torpedopot.com/ An FBA brother has created self growing planters. They cost I wanna say at least 112 a pop but they come in various sizes. They grow pounds of crops with no human intervention. Food water Power Shelter. Once you have a steady supply of all 4 you can make it through any perilous national economic situation. Off Grid living. So they can never shut you down.

Mrs. BLACKRADICAL

Sixer
Community Host
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
On the highest of keys agriculture is in our blood. There's literally no other way. We have to prepare. But I don't believe it should stop there. An alternative to their power grid is essential. My family is from Houston and were sitting ducks a couple years ago when they got hit with that winter storm.

ART

Royal Sixer
Community Host
Content Contributor
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Any advice for renters and people in attached multi-dwelling apartments who:

- want to generate their own power supply and get a generator for backup power
- do not have a lot of storage space
- do not have cars or any reliable cars
- want to create their own water supply
- live in a moody climate that attracts lots of flies, bees, and other pests that make it almost impossible to farm very well?

Mrs. BLACKRADICAL

Sixer
Community Host
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Any advice for renters and people in attached multi-dwelling apartments who:

- want to generate their own power supply and get a generator for backup power
- do not have a lot of storage space
- do not have cars or any reliable cars
- want to create their own water supply
- live in a moody climate that attracts lots of flies, bees, and other pests that make it almost impossible to farm very well?
I'm no expert but I can definitely provide a little help.

1. There are portable/flexible solar panels that you could hang on your south facing windows. There are solar generators that you could attach to those panels. Some good brands are Ecoflow and Jackery. If there is a Harbor Freight near you they keep 100 watt solar panels in store. About $120 each. A gas generator is always an option. Honda makes ones that run fairly quiet.

2. The good thing is you don't need a bunch of space to get something going. Container gardening is definitely the way to go with limited space. Pick a handful of fast growing vegetables/fruits that you know you'll eat, buy the seeds, and get growing. There are even dwarf fruit trees that grow well indoors.

3. If you don't mind a little bit of a wait and shipping, order your seeds. Heirloom if you can. They will produce seeds you can re-sow each season.

4. Look up your states water catchment laws, talk to the complex and set up some sort of barrel to catch rain and snow. Get you a good water filter and go from there.

5. If what you're growing requires pollination bees are a good thing. As far as flies and other pests you have a couple options. Companion planting with herbs and certain flowers will help deter them from devouring your crop. A favorite of mine is neem oil. It has a strong garlicky scent that insects aren't too fond of. I put it in a spray bottle with a little water and lightly mist my plants when I notice bug activity.
Also learn about your growing zone. That will mitigate a lot of the issues you might be having. Each zone has its own calendar for when certain things can be grown successfully.

I hope this helps.

ART

Royal Sixer
Community Host
Content Contributor
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
4. Look up your states water catchment laws, talk to the complex and set up some sort of barrel to catch rain and snow. Get you a good water filter and go from there.
Will a regular Brita pitcher water filter work?

Mrs. BLACKRADICAL

Sixer
Community Host
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Will a regular Brita pitcher water filter work?
No ma'am. Brita filters aren't made to purify water. Filters made for camping would be a better bet and on the cheaper side. If you don't mind spending a little coin a Berkey is one of the best off grid filters around.

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
Community Host
Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We had a storm last night and the power went out but the home generator kicked in like it was suppose to. Power is back on but no cable. We were told to prepare for rolling blackouts. Right now it is 92 degrees with no wind blowing at all, it boo koo hot even under the shade.
    My oldest aunt is scared but I keep reassuring her and my other aunt that I got this, nothing to worry about. I got my girl a tiller and the garden is coming along.

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    No ma'am. Brita filters aren't made to purify water. Filters made for camping would be a better bet and on the cheaper side. If you don't mind spending a little coin a Berkey is one of the best off grid filters around.
    Fam? With that water barrel should I install a UV light system to kill any bacteria???

Mrs. BLACKRADICAL

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Fam? With that water barrel should I install a UV light system to kill any bacteria???
    Great question brother. Catchment is a tricky thing. The UV light definitely wouldn't hurt. Depending on how big the tank is a splash of bleach would help also. Boiling will get rid of bacteria too. If it were me I'd do all of the above. You can never be too sure with water you know.

Mrs. BLACKRADICAL

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We had a storm last night and the power went out but the home generator kicked in like it was suppose to. Power is back on but no cable. We were told to prepare for rolling blackouts. Right now it is 92 degrees with no wind blowing at all, it boo koo hot even under the shade.
    My oldest aunt is scared but I keep reassuring her and my other aunt that I got this, nothing to worry about. I got my girl a tiller and the garden is coming along.
    Yes sir get that garden going as soon as possible. I love it. Ain't nothing to it but to do it.

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Great question brother. Catchment is a tricky thing. The UV light definitely wouldn't hurt. Depending on how big the tank is a splash of bleach would help also. Boiling will get rid of bacteria too. If it were me I'd do all of the above. You can never be too sure with water you know.
    Oh don't I know about it. I am here in Michigan and Flint is STILL jacked up. And Benton Harbor's water is now jacked up. Now both those city's are very high black majority, see a pattern?
    My grandfather dug a well and the water was tested good. I am now in the works to powering that well up but the wiring has to be solid.

Last edited:

Mrs. BLACKRADICAL

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Oh don't I know about it. I am here in Michigan and Flint is STILL jacked up. And Benton Harbor's water is now jacked up. Now both those city's are very high black majority, see a pattern?
    My grandfather dug a well and the water was tested good. I am now in the works to powering that well up but the wiring has to be solid.
    Its a never ending struggle brother.

Wow. That's beautiful. Happy there is a well that has tested good for y'all.
    How are you thinking about powering the pump?

ProMoatBlack

Sixer First Class+
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Sounds like its generator time my friend. Those solar ones are a little pricey but it's a one time cost. Once you have it you are set for life.

ProMoatBlack

Sixer First Class+
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Man keep the faith brother!! Wells are a pain to get put in so shout out to your grandad for already having the infrastructure in place. With your wiring a good pump you will have water for life. That will keep that garden healthy and full.

MarleyK20

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    View: https://youtu.be/XYxay6VBol8

This sister has inspired me this year for sure.
    My husband and I have a few bare acres we are developing into a homestead. But growing season is coming and going so quickly. I felt a little discouraged but she's inspired me to start a few herbs, edible flowers, peppers, and cucumbers.
    I've been AWOL here as of late because I'm last-minute prepping. I've been prepping for years but because I live in FL I stay ready for hurricanes and nuclear threats. This year has been pretty alarming to I've been prepping. I'm not sold on solar either because the back for a lot of this push comes from the same people who plan plandemics. These people have never done anything to help humanity, therefore, ain't no way in hell I'm getting ready to sit around and think they've suddenly invented something to help us now.

I'm gardening, but it's been difficult this year with all the varied weather. Home has enough staples to make it through months of difficult times and feed a few stragglers if need be. My mindset is basic. Our ancestors did not have solar panels, refrigerators, banks, and other creature comforts and they survived just fine. I'm not about to ball out of control buying all their creature comforts (solutions) for problems they made. This mindset keeps us indebted and dependent on them. I'm gonna use sunlight, moonlight, and candlelight. I have plenty of wood to burn if I need to cook and I have chafing fuel and small metal stoves to cook inside should it be too dangerous to cook outside. I have a way to treat and filter water in the event of a local water crisis. I'm prepared for nuclear threats. I have books to help me with first aid, and I've purchased plants that can be used as survival medicines.

I run to the dollar store to buy hygiene products and things to barter with, the hand can openers, etc. I have canned goods, baking supplies, condiments, etc. so that I can alternate between food grown and stocked preps in case the weather is bad (because they can control that too). Went to the pet stores and Tractor Supply to buy animal antibiotics (they are the same as people meds, just gotta know how to do medicine math for dosage purposes). I have hand-crank radios. a few small generators, hand tools to chop wood. Got power tools to protect my property. Extra fishing stuff to fish. I purchased a composter and added red worms to it so that I will have bait and my own fertilizer. I harvest seeds from any fruit or veggie I purchase from the store to add to my collection. I have been collecting old CDs and movies that I can play on a small non-digital device if the SHTF. Been decluttering, getting rid of waste, and preparing on living off the grid-like a hunter-gatherer because I am not getting anything planning on tracking my carbon emissions.

Prep until you can't anymore is all I can say. Soon money will be worthless, buy what you can to survive. Things are failing fast globally and we don't know what they are going to come back on line with when this nation gets back on its feet. I see a lot of people being desperate and having to do whatever like they did with that jab to keep them ole slave jobs. Don't be caught desperate. The global realignment is going to happen whether we prepare or not. The new order won't care about our old problems with America. Be prepared to save yourselves.

I'd rather be 10 years early than 1 day too late. #prep

ProMoatBlack

Sixer First Class+
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I've been AWOL here as of late because I'm last-minute prepping. I've been prepping for years but because I live in FL I stay ready for hurricanes and nuclear threats. This year has been pretty alarming to I've been prepping. I'm not sold on solar either because the back for a lot of this push comes from the same people who plan plandemics. These people have never done anything to help humanity, therefore, ain't no way in hell I'm getting ready to sit around and think they've suddenly invented something to help us now.

I'm gardening, but it's been difficult this year with all the varied weather. Home has enough staples to make it through months of difficult times and feed a few stragglers if need be. My mindset is basic. Our ancestors did not have solar panels, refrigerators, banks, and other creature comforts and they survived just fine. I'm not about to ball out of control buying all their creature comforts (solutions) for problems they made. This mindset keeps us indebted and dependent on them. I'm gonna use sunlight, moonlight, and candlelight. I have plenty of wood to burn if I need to cook and I have chafing fuel and small metal stoves to cook inside should it be too dangerous to cook outside. I have a way to treat and filter water in the event of a local water crisis. I'm prepared for nuclear threats. I have books to help me with first aid, and I've purchased plants that can be used as survival medicines.

I run to the dollar store to buy hygiene products and things to barter with, the hand can openers, etc. I have canned goods, baking supplies, condiments, etc. so that I can alternate between food grown and stocked preps in case the weather is bad (because they can control that too). Went to the pet stores and Tractor Supply to buy animal antibiotics (they are the same as people meds, just gotta know how to do medicine math for dosage purposes). I have hand-crank radios. a few small generators, hand tools to chop wood. Got power tools to protect my property. Extra fishing stuff to fish. I purchased a composter and added red worms to it so that I will have bait and my own fertilizer. I harvest seeds from any fruit or veggie I purchase from the store to add to my collection. I have been collecting old CDs and movies that I can play on a small non-digital device if the SHTF. Been decluttering, getting rid of waste, and preparing on living off the grid-like a hunter-gatherer because I am not getting anything planning on tracking my carbon emissions.

Prep until you can't anymore is all I can say. Soon money will be worthless, buy what you can to survive. Things are failing fast globally and we don't know what they are going to come back on line with when this nation gets back on its feet. I see a lot of people being desperate and having to do whatever like they did with that jab to keep them ole slave jobs. Don't be caught desperate. The global realignment is going to happen whether we prepare or not. The new order won't care about our old problems with America. Be prepared to save yourselves.

Well we been living a year on our land with just 4 solar panels. It is currently 600 dollars for four panels. Either way we have to buy things from the dominant society to get set up. You have to build to full self sufficiency. Also generators are costing a lot in the realm of gas so solar is by far more efficient. Living colorado we get 300 days of sunshine so at this point I swear by solar. You can always add more panels and solar batteries. As far as can goods our ancestors didn't have those either but there is a reason all these new things were invented. Most of which were invented by us so there is nothing wrong with investing in New technology. Im able to watch tv play various game systems as well as 5g internet. Solar is on point. Haven't had a light bill in a year. It's saved us so much money. The sun would have to fall out of the sky for us to lose power. Also they worked just as well in the dead of winter. Preppers I follow have various solar set ups. Including portable and foldable panels.

Mrs. BLACKRADICAL

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Solar panels have been around longer than Gates and Bezos. Literally unless the sun falls out the sky my family will have power. And if that happens we have a wind turbine and generator for back up. You need power to charge your devices at least.

We're currently building a 1200 sq ft greenhouse that will feed our family for generations. I plan on canning all of our food. Harvesting our own meat from poultry. Milk from goats. I make all my families toiletries. And am a self taught herbalist. Homesteading requires a lot of skill sets that don't require money. But we do need it to get set up. This is a couple years in the making for my family. Seeds from store bought groceries do not have the same nutrient content as fruits/vegetables grown from heirloom seeds. We are setting things up for the long haul. Whether the world was ending or not we would still be doing this.

We all need to prepare. We may have different ways of doing so. But there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Do what works for you. I know I will.

MarleyK20

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    That is awesome. It's a very simple solution if it's an option. Wells don't have to be that complicated. It's definitely worth the effort. I had a well and it was cool until the power went out and we didn't have a generator. Thankfully we had a pool and rainwater catchment barrels.

MarleyK20

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Well we been living a year on our land with just 4 solar panels. It is currently 600 dollars for four panels. Either way we have to buy things from the dominant society to get set up. You have to build to full self sufficiency. Also generators are costing a lot in the realm of gas so solar is by far more efficient. Living colorado we get 300 days of sunshine so at this point I swear by solar. You can always add more panels and solar batteries. As far as can goods our ancestors didn't have those either but there is a reason all these new things were invented. Most of which were invented by us so there is nothing wrong with investing in New technology. Im able to watch tv play various game systems as well as 5g internet. Solar is on point. Haven't had a light bill in a year. It's saved us so much money. The sun would have to fall out of the sky for us to lose power. Also they worked just as well in the dead of winter. Preppers I follow have various solar set ups. Including portable and foldable panels.
    I know people who have them, I just opted out for a variety of long-game reasons. I have survived all this time without solar panels when I didn't have power in the winter or summer, I'll personally be fine. There will be plenty of people who won't have any because they simply cannot afford the expense. I think we need to provide solutions for people regardless of socioeconomic status. The sun will shine (for now), regardless of what we have until man finds a way to make it stop shining. Seems they are well on there way.

ProMoatBlack

Sixer First Class+
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I know people who have them, I just opted out for a variety of long-game reasons. I have survived all this time without solar panels when I didn't have power in the winter or summer, I'll personally be fine. There will be plenty of people who won't have any because they simply cannot afford the expense. I think we need to provide solutions for people regardless of socioeconomic status. The sun will shine (for now), regardless of what we have until man finds a way to make it stop shining. Seems they are well on there way.
    607 is affordable. Also economic aggregation is when a group comes together to put funds toward self sufficinecy power. We used our stimulus and a refund check to pay for our freeedom. We have to be serious about freeing ourselces from this system no matter the cost. We spent 1 grand on solar. The fact that the same system we paid for is now 600 dollars shows the technology is increasingly more affordable. You may not be a fan but believe me when I say my wife and I are proof that they work. Solar has been around since the 70s. It is an efficient means of power generation.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What solar panels do you have? I would like to get the ones you have if possible. I use a lot of electronics. But due to my current living arrangement, I can't hang anything, including panels, on the roofs. I only have maybe 3 windows.

All 3 windows face the front yard and look like this.
    tA1yuKV.jpg

av52ZlL.jpg

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    3. If you don't mind a little bit of a wait and shipping, order your seeds. Heirloom if you can. They will produce seeds you can re-sow each season.

What sites do you recommend to buy seeds from (especially any seeds that are compatible with Torpedo Pot)?

I looked at the Berkey water filters. They look like something that I would need as they are supposed to filter out viruses, bacteria, other harmful materials, and parasites. The main issue is that they aren't NSF Certified.

I also looked at another similar water filter named AlexaPure, but there are many complaints of the product rusting after usage. I'm looking for something rustproof, NSF certified, and able to filter out over 99% of viruses, bacteria, parasites, and other harmful materials.

I am trying to wisely pick what to buy. The reason I never bought any of those emergency food buckets yet is because every time I research those products, I always see something about the food in the buckets being expired or no good. It's like buying a bunch of peanut butter as you do some prepping only to find out months later that you wasted your time and money on something that has been contaminated or proven to be defective and useless.

Mrs. BLACKRADICAL

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What sites do you recommend to buy seeds from (especially any seeds that are compatible with Torpedo Pot)?

I looked at the Berkey water filters. They look like something that I would need as they are supposed to filter out viruses, bacteria, other harmful materials, and parasites. The main issue is that they aren't NSF Certified.

I also looked at another similar water filter named AlexaPure, but there are many complaints of the product rusting after usage. I'm looking for something rustproof, NSF certified, and able to filter out over 99% of viruses, bacteria, parasites, and other harmful materials.

I am trying to wisely pick what to buy. The reason I never bought any of those emergency food buckets yet is because every time I research those products, I always see something about the food in the buckets being expired or no good. It's like buying a bunch of peanut butter as you do some prepping only to find out months later that you wasted your time and money on something that has been contaminated or proven to be defective and useless.
    The good thing about the torpedo pots are that they are pretty much compatible with everything.
    I ordered my heirloom seeds from Organo Republic. They have seed sets that come with thousands of seeds. I have a few, medicinal herbs, commonly grown vegetables, and winter vegetables. They even have grow guides for their seeds on their website.

I did not know the berkey wasn't certified. It still seems like the best thing I've seen on the market. All of the homesteaders and off grid livers I've ever seen either have a Berkey or aspire to have one. Make a sound decision you can live with. I am not a fan of those emergency buckets either for that same reason. You never really know what you're going to get with those.

ProMoatBlack

Sixer First Class+
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What solar panels do you have? I would like to get the ones you have if possible. I use a lot of electronics. But due to my current living arrangement, I can't hang anything, including panels, on the roofs. I only have maybe 3 windows.

tA1yuKV.jpg

av52ZlL.jpg
    We have renogy solar panels. We tried going through the company but they had a lot of back orders. We ended up buying our Renogy panels through Amazon.

Attachments

20220424_091809.jpg

ProMoatBlack

Sixer First Class+
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

tA1yuKV.jpg

av52ZlL.jpg

Attachments

Screenshot_20220522-015328.png

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We have renogy solar panels. We tried going through the company but they had a lot of back orders. We ended up buying our Renogy panels through Amazon.
    How do you hook it up if you live in a non-private area and a residential rental property? Did you have to do any rewiring? How did you hook yours up?

ProMoatBlack

Sixer First Class+
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    How do you hook it up if you live in a non-private area and a residential rental property? Did you have to do any rewiring? How did you hook yours up?
    Great question! The reason we purchased that brand is all the wires and connections are included. No other purchase required. They even send the inverter which converts the solar over to electricity. We hooked up the panels to each other then connected them to a charge controller (also included). There was no extra wiring required everything you need comes with the package. Easy set up. Took us longer to drill the panels into the roof than it did to hook all the cords up correctly.

ProMoatBlack

Sixer First Class+
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Great question! The reason we purchased that brand is all the wires and connections are included. No other purchase required. They even send the inverter which converts the solar over to electricity. We hooked up the panels to each other then connected them to a charge controller (also included). There was no extra wiring required everything you need comes with the package. Easy set up. Took us longer to drill the panels into the roof than it did to hook all the cords up correctly.
    Pay attention to how you hook up to charge controller cause we put them in backwards at first. Once we put them in correctly we were good to go. Also there is an app included to ensure your charge is working.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Pay attention to how you hook up to charge controller cause we put them in backwards at first. Once we put them in correctly we were good to go. Also there is an app included to ensure your charge is working.
    Are there any fire hazards (especially with rain)?

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is what I needed to know. The property management would not allow me to do the bolded, not even in an alternate universe. I'm not sure how I would be able to hook up these panels without drilling them into the roof.

ProMoatBlack

Sixer First Class+
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is what I needed to know. The property management would not allow me to do the bolded, not even in an alternate universe. I'm not sure how I would be able to hook up these panels without drilling them into the roof.
    You don't have to drill them in. You can set them up outside your window and have the coords come into the house to connect to the charge controller which has to be inside.

ProMoatBlack

Sixer First Class+
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Also you have to work on getting out of paying rent. Look into tiny homes or a B class RV. If you own where you stay you can customize how you see fit and more importantly you will have more money to invest in yourself. That survival tax is a real thing.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You don't have to drill them in. You can set them up outside your window and have the coords come into the house to connect to the charge controller which has to be inside.
    Do you have a picture or a visualization of this? Also, how do I keep people from stealing them?

ProMoatBlack

Sixer First Class+
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Do you have a picture or a visualization of this? Also, how do I keep people from stealing them?
    So on the pic I posted of the panels on the roof you can see a bundle of cords. Those are the panels connected to each other. There is a long connector cord that lead into the RV and the charge controller. Are you renting an apartment or a house rental property?? I ask this because you can set them up wherever but it is true that drilling them in somewhere even if its like a slab of wood would be somewhat of anti theft protection. Even if you have a garage. They are good at cathing any light from the sun.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    So on the pic I posted of the panels on the roof you can see a bundle of cords. Those are the panels connected to each other. There is a long connector cord that lead into the RV and the charge controller. Are you renting an apartment or a house rental property?? I ask this because you can set them up wherever but it is true that drilling them in somewhere even if its like a slab of wood would be somewhat of anti theft protection. Even if you have a garage. They are good at cathing any light from the sun.
    Apartment. There are several units in each building. I do not have a balcony, garage, attic, or a basement and the outdoor space is considered shared space.

ProMoatBlack

Sixer First Class+
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Apartment. There are several units in each building. I do not have a balcony, garage, attic, or a basement and the outdoor space is considered shared space.
    In that case you may need look into portable solar systems. They have solar that can be folded up into a backpack. That way you can cut your energy costs. Gotta get off the apartment plantation. I was there too. They rob us by making us pay just to have a roof over our head. My wife and I escaped with a tax refund and a stimulus check. Get out by any means necessary