The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

The Truth About THE DIVINE 9 - Black Secret Societies

BlackWarGod

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    “100 years of brotherhood and sisterhood” haha my ass! There’s some solid D9ers but in 100 years, what have they done? Seems more like a pipeline to black middle class complacency, white leaning docility, and an affinity for (usually democrat) political symbolic gestures. They won’t lead the black revolution, in fact they’ve had 100 years to do so.

Kanu

Senior Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    “100 years of brotherhood and sisterhood” haha my ass! There’s some solid D9ers but in 100 years, what have they done? Seems more like a pipeline to black middle class complacency, white leaning docility, and an affinity for (usually democrat) political symbolic gestures. They won’t lead the black revolution, in fact they’ve had 100 years to do so.
    Do you think these members of greek organizations could be conisidered the gatekeepres of the black community?

D

Deleted member 1946

Fully agree. The sellouts usually rise to the top. What I notice about these groups is that the ones who are truly for our people will not be propped up in society. Look at all this community service work that is done. Nothing has truly changed. Bunch of nothing. Some of the folks in these groups will tell you privately that they do all this community service work, but the status quo isn't changing. Bingo. Exactly why they don't try to dismantle these groups. I will say that some of them end up starting their own organization and make a small difference that way.

D

Deleted member 1946

Are any of yall a member of these greek organizations? Did you have to take an oath?
    I didn't join one. These groups are all the same except with a different surface. Everybody who leaves realize this. These D9 organizations are controlled by the white power structure through leaders at the top and by the requirements that are given. I do know that everybody wakes up at a different time so I won't get irritated if somebody disagrees. I do know one thing. I refuse to be "made". I would just refer to be "paper."

BlackWarGod

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Do you think these members of greek organizations could be conisidered the gatekeepres of the black community?
    Yes. This is a great book that breaks down how the Ancient Kemetic Mystery School system was stolen from Kemet, alongside a host of other things, but Scottish Rite Freemasonry and Greek lettered fraternal orders are a bastardized imitation of that system. Unfortunately D9 societies and Prince Hall Freemasonry got their charters from the illegitimate white orders, some as the video points out being founded by whites in these orders.

So while I dont want to go too hard on them as I’m sure we all know brothers in these groups but yes I agree that many of them are boule gatekeepers.

BlackWarGod

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Fully agree. The sellouts usually rise to the top. What I notice about these groups is that the ones who are truly for our people will not be propped up in society. Look at all this community service work that is done. Nothing has truly changed. Bunch of nothing. Some of the folks in these groups will tell you privately that they do all this community service work, but the status quo isn't changing. Bingo. Exactly why they don't try to dismantle these groups. I will say that some of them end up starting their own organization and make a small difference that way.
    One of the things that annoys me about them is their lack of using their network. These groups rank deep into the millions of members especially once we include Prince Hall Freemasons but yet we don’t see networking for tangibles. With all the sisters proudly displaying their pink & green black women frat or not shouldn’t be at the mercy of Asian nail or hair salons. They’ve should’ve coordinated and directed sisters to black owned salons, they should’ve raised funds to create their own with the tools that their network provides. Same with the brothers.

I saw this with all other races when I worked sales. Every 3-6 months a white or Hispanic dude would come around to all our desk with their business cards and say “hey I’m starting my own firm… xyz”. Every seminar some of them were taking serious time to network, and I was too. In contrast, I met so many brothers and sisters from D9s that would brag about how their fraternities and sororities had members that were famous and/or millionaires and billionaires yet it never amounted to anything tangibly for them. They seemed the most content to work sales until they were fired.

D

Deleted member 1946

Yes. This is a great book that breaks down how the Ancient Kemetic Mystery School system was stolen from Kemet, alongside a host of other things, but Scottish Rite Freemasonry and Greek lettered fraternal orders are a bastardized imitation of that system. Unfortunately D9 societies and Prince Hall Freemasonry got their charters from the illegitimate white orders, some as the video points out being founded by whites in these orders.

So while I dont want to go too hard on them as I’m sure we all know brothers in these groups but yes I agree that many of them are boule gatekeepers.
    I definitely think many are boule gatekeepers. Circle within a circle within a circle.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I'm in one. Haven't been active in years. As I got into black empowerment more I noticed how we and other frats and sororities were grossly underperforming.

Fact is too many act boule if I wanna keep it a buck. Also, the leadership for all of them is usually 'oooooooold niggas'. These are the same ones who run the HBCUs.

I actually fell out with a frat brother over it and he's unfriended me on FB. I had some issues with him anyway on some sellout ish. Not all, there are some ridaz but its similar to other groups (some non FBAs, Boule, and other segments of the black community), not enough good ones among a sea of unproductive ones.

I am the son of a deacon so I didn't take any kind of pledge that is satanic in nature if you think that. I didn't even get a brand. The only one in my entire chapter that has never gotten one. Why? Again, son of a baptist Deacon so at that time, I wasn't doing some things (tattoos, brands) although I did get my left ear pierced.

The D9 is way, way under utilizing our collective power, money and resources. I have met some very good, 10 toes down brothers and sisters but by and large, I am disappointed.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    On an individual chapter basis you have some very good peoples at times.
    One of the most rewarding things I ever did was when our chapter in Alabama, put up roofs on elderly women black women in these old homes, they hung on to.
    I didn't know construction, just did whatever I was told, bring this, hammer that, cut that.
    We also had a game against a rival frat in b - ball and the entry was one canned food which we gave to a food bank in a poor black area.

I found out about a charity in Africa once from a guy in the frat. I was suspicious but a mutual brother took a trip to Ghana to see it first hand and confirmed. They taught the poorest in the country's villages, gave them a free education, room, board with the result being they must go back and make their community better. Dig a well, whatever. They especially went into countries where the girls were not allowed to go to school.

Far too many are like 40, 50 years old still tryna live the party life of when they were 19. Wearing the paraphernalia on everything. My view is a lot of those cats have nothing else going on, so kinda clout chasing. Just like I've seen some 50 year old OGs still gang banging.

Each frat has roughly 300k members more or less.
    Many are B1. The leadership? Sure, I am not a fan of them either. But just like any group of black people you have your good ones among them.

D

Deleted member 1946

One of the things that annoys me about them is their lack of using their network. These groups rank deep into the millions of members especially once we include Prince Hall Freemasons but yet we don’t see networking for tangibles. With all the sisters proudly displaying their pink & green black women frat or not shouldn’t be at the mercy of Asian nail or hair salons. They’ve should’ve coordinated and directed sisters to black owned salons, they should’ve raised funds to create their own with the tools that their network provides. Same with the brothers.

I saw this with all other races when I worked sales. Every 3-6 months a white or Hispanic dude would come around to all our desk with their business cards and say “hey I’m starting my own firm… xyz”. Every seminar some of them were taking serious time to network, and I was too. In contrast, I met so many brothers and sisters from D9s that would brag about how their fraternities and sororities had members that were famous and/or millionaires and billionaires yet it never amounted to anything tangibly for them. They seemed the most content to work sales until they were fired.
    Well said. All this community service is not substantially improving anything either. The things you mention are specific reasons former members give as to why they left. It just seems as if we are OK with losing. We can do better. There are a portion of us around the country who understand what you are saying.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Lets keep it a buck, most of us that joined were thinking of smashing 304s and clout chasing. We were 18, 19, 20, and the same as athletes on campus and 99 percent of every brotha on the yard.
    No shame in that at the time, you are young, away from home, so no one knows you.
    However, you also buy into the good you can do as a collective.
    As I stated in a prior post, the leadership and the frats by and large have severely under utilized the collective power and numbers. Its frustrating and when I got into black empowerment deep, I got disillusioned.

D

Deleted member 1946

I'm in one. Haven't been active in years. As I got into black empowerment more I noticed how we and other frats and sororities were grossly underperforming.

Fact is too many act boule if I wanna keep it a buck. Also, the leadership for all of them is usually 'oooooooold niggas'. These are the same ones who run the HBCUs.

I actually fell out with a frat brother over it and he's unfriended me on FB. I had some issues with him anyway on some sellout ish. Not all, there are some ridaz but its similar to other groups (some non FBAs, Boule, and other segments of the black community), not enough good ones among a sea of unproductive ones.

I am the son of a deacon so I didn't take any kind of pledge that is satanic in nature if you think that. I didn't even get a brand. The only one in my entire chapter that has never gotten one. Why? Again, son of a baptist Deacon so at that time, I wasn't doing some things (tattoos, brands) although I did get my left ear pierced.

The D9 is way, way under utilizing our collective power, money and resources. I have met some very good, 10 toes down brothers and sisters but by and large, I am disappointed.
    I really appreciate your honesty. I was talking to an Order of Eastern Star woman and she said the same thing about how our leadership is really chosen behind closed doors. I think she only stays in it for the friends she has made and not for the community service element because she said it ain't changing anything. LOL. She is also in a greek sorority and said the same thing.

I'm definitely disappointed as well. I agree. We spend too much money with outside groups. Group economics for the things we can buy from each other would put more of us on a positive path if we can work together long enough to do this.

D

Deleted member 1946

Lets keep it a buck, most of us that joined were thinking of smashing 304s and clout chasing. We were 18, 19, 20, and the same as athletes on campus and 99 percent of every brotha on the yard.
    No shame in that at the time, you are young, away from home, so no one knows you.
    As I stated in a prior post, the leadership and the frats by and large have severely under utilized the collective power and numbers. Its frustrating and when I got into black empowerment deep, I got disillusioned.
    I appreciate your honesty. And many others who left said the same thing. The sellouts somehow rise to the top. The folks in these groups who are serious find it so hard to get meaningful things done because of the roadblocks the undercover sellouts put in the way. I will tell you one thing, I do see more of our folks waking up and doing small things that can be done.

Powernomics as well as Blueprint For Black Power books will put our folks on a whole new level. I wanna work with our folks who are serious about progressing. We all have strengths, and they can be used for some kind of group project.

Kanu

Senior Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    The real empowerment can only come through Christ.

YahudahQueen96

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Are any of yall a member of these greek organizations? Did you have to take an oath?
    No. I am not a member of any of these Greek organizations. I would never join one in college because it’s not of TMH. I attended an HBCU and they are very much popularized. I have to do research on the divine 9, but have heard stories of Black people denouncing their membership. When taking an oath, you are pledging to false deities. People pledging do rituals and sit at an altar like people would do in church. Some people say they do good things for the community, but anyone can do good without being in a sorority or fraternity. A lot of evil things go on in these organizations, not just at white institutions but black institutions also. Hazing is a big problem in these organizations. No matter how much the heads claim to be against hazing they still do it. College students have been dying due to hazing in the 21st century. I learned about two black women in California who were killed because of it. Happened in the early 2000’s. They were attempting to become AKA’s. These Greek organizations do not take responsibility and pretty much sweep them under the rug. There are videos on YouTube that expose Greek life for what it truly is. The sad part is the cycle will continue. I see that children are being groomed to join these organizations in the future.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    The initiation process isn't uniform. The big problem with the initiation process is you have 19, 20, 21 year olds who get a god complex, lack maturity, and have a fair amount of free reign in straight out abuse.
    It becomes 'Lord of the Flies' in some chapters. Ours was fairly bad but sadly the HBCUs are the worst. Also, regionally, the south is the worst even at PWIs (predominantly white institutions).

Also, you have people, at the same age who want the clout. I did. It's a fact pretty much all do who try to join. A very few are legacies and their fathers or members of the family is in that frat or sorority and its a family tradition.

My sadness is, as I stated earlier, the lack of reaching the full potential of the D9. As far as I know, none of the BLM/Floyd protests had any of the D9 out there representing as a group in support. Same with the NAACP, Urban League, all the groups. But in some sense because it was completely grassroots, it was better because the aforementioned are all compromised.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    The real empowerment can only come through Christ.
    Not trying to offend but the way blacks practice Christianity as a collective I don't consider it empowering. It's a coping mechanism to basically deal with white supremacy directly or tangentially. White evangelicals practice the same exact religion completely different. I say this as someone who grew up in the church and have seen how blacks practice it in different countries.

D

Deleted member 1946

The initiation process isn't uniform. The big problem with the initiation process is you have 19, 20, 21 year olds who get a god complex, lack maturity, and have a fair amount of free reign in straight out abuse.
    It becomes 'Lord of the Flies' in some chapters. Ours was fairly bad but sadly the HBCUs are the worst. Also, regionally, the south is the worst even at PWIs (predominantly white institutions).

Also, you have people, at the same age who want the clout. I did. It's a fact pretty much all do who try to join. A very few are legacies and their fathers or members of the family is in that frat or sorority and its a family tradition.

My sadness is, as I stated earlier, the lack of reaching the full potential of the D9. As far as I know, none of the BLM/Floyd protests had any of the D9 out there representing as a group in support. Same with the NAACP, Urban League, all the groups. But in some sense because it was completely grassroots, it was better because the aforementioned are all compromised.
    I am so glad that some of the members of these D9 groups admitted that they were hazed (even after all the "anti-hazing" rhetoric. I have seen so many videos in the past few years. It seems as if so many of the undergraduate chapter pledgees are hazed, but it doesn't seem to be as common with the graduate/alumni chapters. Regarding clout, these folks wanted those letters to be on their chest as they walked proudly. The D9 groups will never reach their full potential because the people who are secretly helping this system are the ones who usually reach the top. I have heard so many former members say that those who really want Black folks to have big success do not often get chosen to go further up the ladder within the D9 groups. Black sellout faces at the top, white agenda.

D

Deleted member 1946

I would rather go through the 36 Chambers than join one of these groups, we were warned about who they were by Brother Stokley
    These groups cost so much money and time (for the committed members), but the status quo is not changing. This is EXACTLY why the system does not try to destroy them. LOLOLOL. The good members of these groups, overall, do not see the agenda. All many see is "we do all this community service work." But the community service work is not effective.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    King and most of the civil rights people are D9. When integration happened the fight left many.
    Now you have white D9. I'm DONE. You were grilled tough being Caribbean and black. I've met one African. Cool ass Somali guy who moved like Brothas, down dude. But in my day no black Latinos as far as I know. Not saying there weren't any but I didn't know of any.

B1 and this current movement will force all to shyt or get off the pot.

D

Deleted member 1946

I am not apart of any the Greek fraternities. I've thought about it at one time, but I saw, as well as in realizing certain things just wasn't for and/or me.
    This is great. I couldn't understand what the hype was all about especially when it is obvious this system is not trying to dismantle these groups. When people leave these organizations, they pretty much say the same things. They usually say they were hazed and that they agreed to the process. And this is even though these groups claim to be "non-hazing." Well why do people in the 2020s still say they are being hazed then at so many schools, particularly undergraduate level? I wouldn't want fake friends masquerading as brothers.

D

Deleted member 1946

You are so right about this. It is a slick way of finding out which people are the most willing to comply with this system. I do know there are some good folks in these groups, and these good folks have to fight for everything they get. That is the antithesis of what a group is supposed to be for. The people who are the most willing to sell us out BEHIND CLOSED DOORS from these groups are the ones who are usually pushed to the top. They are given the best jobs, the best quality of life and given the most fame. This is how Steve Harvey, Oprah, LeBron, Tiger Woods, etc got to where they are at. The same thing applies to the White folks. I am sick and tired of folks acting like it is all about who you know. That is a bald faced lie because those uncontrolled folks in our community with big money are making some great things happen in our community and are thus a threat to the system. There are not many of them which is the problem due to the fact that so many of the successful Black folks from these groups being sellouts. It is definitely not a matter of them not caring. It is a matter of they are not allowed to because they are threatened and told they will lose everything if they lead our people overall to empowerment and off the bottom rung of society. Blackmail is part of the deal. People do not realize how easy it is to blackmail folks who are desperate to do better and are not willing to wait to build it the right way. This is how almost all politicians are chosen. They got folks thinking votes matter.

D

Deleted member 1946

These Black "Secret Societies" should use their Occultic rituals to end the System Of White Supremacy/Racism.
    Many won't because some are so deep into being a sellout that they don't want their dirt exposed or lose their benefits they get. I wish the good ones would do what you have said, but they would have to work away from the other members because otherwise the plan would get exposed.

Vict-9297
    Vict-9297
    The good ones should still risk their lives to end the System Of Racism/White Supremacy if that's what it takes. I don't know a lot about Occultic rituals but anyone with the knowledge and bravery required to do it (which is anyone who is willing to learn) should try it, it shouldn't require a wealthy group of people to do it.