Movies and TV

Where TV and Film lovers go to talk about their favorite programming.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

The Wonder Years

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I was not aware they did a reboot of this series. I remember my mom watching reruns of the original when I was a kid. They did a reboot of sorts with a black family growing up in Montgomery, Alabama in the 1960s. Has anyone watching it here? I am curious if it is any good or not. It started in 2021 and I think they are half way through the second season.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Personally... my wife and I thinks it's a pretty good show...
    I was looking at reviews of it and they seem mixed which is why I wanted to ask here. I mean I have no nostalgia for the 60s. I was not around then and I know the show leans heavy into that. So I wasn't sure if I would enjoy it or not. The original was decent from what I remember but I wasn't heavily invested in it or anything.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    If you grew up or are close to the generation of that time then the show will give you a feeling of nostalgia or "hey I remember when family was like this" it's lighthearted and funny nothing too heavy as it's a comedy........it's okay to laugh sometimes. I wasn't interested in the original so the reboot is just a new show to me.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    If you grew up or are close to the generation of that time then the show will give you a feeling of nostalgia or "hey I remember when family was like this" it's lighthearted and funny nothing too heavy as it's a comedy........it's okay to laugh sometimes. I wasn't interested in the original so the reboot is just a new show to me.
    Right. I am thinking that I might lose interest. I can just watch the first episode and see how I feel I guess. I can't really relate to a time I never grew up in!