The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

There's Breakdancing On ESPN

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
Community Host
Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is complete nonsense. I don't know how anyone can watch this and take this seriously. I don't care how good you are at dancing, when you are broadcasting stuff like this. it puts a sour taste in my mouth. ESPN is known to make a mockery of black men so this doesn't surprise me.

Danny

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    I can't remember the last time I watched anything on ESPN. They have proven on more than one occasion that their channel isn't something I should be wasting my time on and this broadcast is a good justifications for me to still stay out completely.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I used to breakdance in the early 80s, it was 95% Black people doing it, we ruled it and took it seriously. White boys, Latinos or asains didn't have the athleticism to do it.
    Over the years we started seeing the Latinos doing it, then the white boys. When the Asians started, I stopped watching.
    I'm old enough to witness the birth of Hip Hop and all elements of it. It's been thoroughly gentrified, and it's nothing like it once was.
    We fcked up, it's 100% our fault that we didn't gatekeep our culture. It's never too late though, we need to take our s4it back.

Heatice

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    I used to breakdance in the early 80s, it was 95% Black people doing it, we ruled it and took it seriously. White boys, Latinos or asains didn't have the athleticism to do it.
    Over the years we started seeing the Latinos doing it, then the white boys. When the Asians started, I stopped watching.
    I'm old enough to witness the birth of Hip Hop and all elements of it. It's been thoroughly gentrified, and it's nothing like it once was.
    We fcked up, it's 100% our fault that we didn't gatekeep our culture. It's never too late though, we need to take our s4it back.
    The truth is that these guys are so much of a leach that they would still find a way to steal our culture and still make it look as if they were the one's that invented it. It's what they are very good at it. Although, we could have made it very difficult for them to steal but that's where we failed.