Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

These double standards. (being Mexican makes you a good boxer?)

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
Community Host
Tither
App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    what does being "Mexican" have to do with being able to box? if this were a black guy saying "because he's black he can fight" he would be called a racist, but because he's not black it's ok?...

reminds me of this LGBT guy on Twitter saying he can rap better than most straight guys, I asked what does being gay have to do with your lyrical skills?
    he swore that his gayness is what made him (in his mind) skilled. SMH.

View: https://youtu.be/U9SOF1lQW5Q

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I watched it and as someone who has trained for awhile now I don’t think it was in that vein. Mexicans in boxing have their own culture, own style, own gloves and there is a consistency when fighting Mexicans do you agree ROADGAWD? I don’t think it was racist it was more of talking about their style which is typically to walk you down and use Swamer tactics.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I watched it and as someone who has trained for awhile now I don’t think it was in that vein. Mexicans in boxing have their own culture, own style, own gloves and there is a consistency when fighting Mexicans do you agree ROADGAWD? I don’t think it was racist it was more of talking about their style which is typically to walk you down and use Swamer tactics.
    I get that, but it would be a whole different story if it were a black man saying that. I never liked the "Mexican" style of boxing it dated in my opinion, the same as UK fighters, their style is weird.
    I might be hearing him wrong, but I've seen other boxers say similar s4it. "Mexicans are better boxers" etc...

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I get that, but it would be a whole different story if it were a black man saying that. I never liked the "Mexican" style of boxing it dated in my opinion, the same as UK fighters, their style is weird.
    I might be hearing him wrong, but I've seen other boxers say similar s4it. "Mexicans are better boxers" etc...
    You aint hear it because Ali type niggas been non-existent. Black people themselves would be like “I can’t disrespect mexican brothers and sisters”.

ROADGAWD

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    I watched it and as someone who has trained for awhile now I don’t think it was in that vein. Mexicans in boxing have their own culture, own style, own gloves and there is a consistency when fighting Mexicans do you agree ROADGAWD? I don’t think it was racist it was more of talking about their style which is typically to walk you down and use Swamer tactics.​
    I agree to your point brotha Jay they have their own style as well as champions, victories etc. and in the same vein they also give credit to black folk(specifically fba) in boxing as the source of those accomplishments and improvements but they never outright say it until it's convenient for them.

As far as politics, to add to brotha Blackgravity point, they bring the mejor la raza behavior to "buffer" themselves so to speak into boxing history in an attempt to erase the fba forefathers of boxing and pretend to be the ones that paved the way in the future and stay on code. i.e. look at how white supremacists put Tyson Fury on a pedestal and compare him to the all time greats who are fba.

Anytime they get a "white champion" in sports they passive aggressively get anybody that's black to cosign their own champ or compare them to fba champions/warriors or who already paved the way.

That behavior of accrediting their group for fight prowess is very common and is moreso an act of survival/manhood to distinguish themselves from those they deem competition and those who they know are the dominant group in terms of martial arts(which would be us).

Tl:dr they'll be cool with us until we whoop their ass or we get the numbers. The irony is pretty much a reflection of what black society goes through today.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I agree to your point brotha Jay they have their own style as well as champions, victories etc. and in the same vein they also give credit to black folk(specifically fba) in boxing as the source of those accomplishments and improvements but they never outright say it until it's convenient for them.

As far as politics, to add to brotha Blackgravity point, they bring the mejor la raza behavior to "buffer" themselves so to speak into boxing history in an attempt to erase the fba forefathers of boxing and pretend to be the ones that paved the way in the future and stay on code. i.e. look at how white supremacists put Tyson Fury on a pedestal and compare him to the all time greats who are fba.

Anytime they get a "white champion" in sports they passive aggressively get anybody that's black to cosign their own champ or compare them to fba champions/warriors or who already paved the way.

That behavior of accrediting their group for fight prowess is very common and is moreso an act of survival/manhood to distinguish themselves from those they deem competition and those who they know are the dominant group in terms of martial arts(which would be us).

Tl:dr they'll be cool with us until we whoop their ass or we get the numbers. The irony is pretty much a reflection of what black society goes through today.
    They doing everything we should be doing.