The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

They NEVER Learn....😑

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
1. Record EVERYTHING as he did. He said way too much. Why? Because it was a surprise. I always expect something like this. ALWAYS and play out a scenario in my head.

2. The one thing he did right, on video, IMPORTANT, is that he said he felt threatened while the guy approach. You have to assume the white prosecutor is looking for any reason to side with him. This pretty much removes being able to make you the aggressor.

3. This is not an isolated event. For every video you see like this there are literally 100s around the country. White people are triggered. 100s if not 1000s are doing sh*t like this to feel powerful in a world they are increasingly looking more powerless. They prefer to go after soft black targets: black children, black women. They usually avoid the warrior age class (20-35) unless they think they have numbers or some huge advantage. The sad thing is we don't discuss this en masse among ourselves. Most parents are letting their kids leave the house mentally and physically unprepared for racist white citizens and racist white cops. No child should be questioned by the cops without your permission. They should have a card to give to any cop, security guard in a store who tries to detain them, etc, saying something to the effect is my child is instructed NOT to speak to any adult trying to detain them. Call me immediately on why you are detaining my child or the next call you get is from my lawyer.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
4. Forgot this one talk to a defense lawyer and a trusted police officer in your jurisdiction on what constitutes self defense. Some places have a 'stand your ground' law, some don't. Some say who ever hits whom first is guilty. What constitutes proper warning? Fear for your physical safety? Also, immediately send any video to someone you trust. There are shady cops out there who will delete your video.

5. If possible, have a lawyer on retainer. An amount that will get him or her out of bed at any time to come to the station if you are arrested. You shut up obviously until he or she comes. Once cops know you have a lawyer like that, they walk on eggshells.

6. Sue the f*ck out of any aggressor. Just don't let it go. Someone told me this years ago and I stand by it. "Do not let practicing white supremacy go unpunished'. Even if you don't win. If enough black folks file lawsuits like 'certain' people who do who will go un-named, they will eventually slow down (not stop but slow down) harassment of black people.