The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

This teacher was way out of line , but the comments …

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I feel as if the teacher didn't do enough to handle the situation. He should have been on the phone with the office letting them know that he had a rowdy student. Instead he let his emotions get the best of him and now he has to own the consequence. It sucks and it's not an easy position to be in with someone in your face but there are times where you have to suck it up and keep your hands to yourself. This was one of those situations. We should expect that the adult is going to be an adult in the situation and not devolve to a teenager.

Supabrett

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I feel teach, but he should have called who he need to call to get the kid up outta there.

Jay
    Jay
    Exactly how I feel too. He just kinda stood there and didn't control the situation. I think he been wanting to knock that kid's head off for awhile and he caved into his beastly desires.
    D

Deleted member 191

I feel as if the teacher didn't do enough to handle the situation. He should have been on the phone with the office letting them know that he had a rowdy student. Instead he let his emotions get the best of him and now he has to own the consequence. It sucks and it's not an easy position to be in with someone in your face but there are times where you have to suck it up and keep your hands to yourself. This was one of those situations. We should expect that the adult is going to be an adult in the situation and not devolve to a teenager.
    It's certainly a thankless job in a lot of respects.

Princess El-Bey

Senior Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I saw so many comments on the original post where folks are straight up justifying the teachers actions.. To me there’s no excuse for such a response. Some even said the teacher needed to strike because the student may strike him ..so I guess in pre-defense, the teachers actions are appropriate?? I’m still shaking my head, what? Where is your adult critical thinking cap? I know teens can be relentless but this boy was just talking crazy.. he didn’t flex physically on the teacher at all. Adults are supposed to be quicker than these fake teenage thugs.

Real One

Sixer
    zBucks
    That was a crazy situation all around. The teacher should have kept his cool and just let the school handle the kid, now that he retaliated, his career as a teacher is likely over. And, he will probably be facing some criminal charges due to this. But there's no excuse for punching a kid like that. Even with him being a pain in the ass, there are better ways of going about this.

The kid was a complete douche that much is fact. He clearly wanted to get the teacher going, but it's on the teacher to be smart and not fall into that trap and retaliate.

This is one reason I don't think I can be a teacher myself, to deal with kids like this, I couldn't do it. I wouldn't hit a kid or anything like that, but I wouldn't last long as a teacher at all. So for those teachers who can put up with shit like this and not retaliate, props man.

zBucks
    Yeah the teacher blew up on that kid. He shouldn't have let the kid get to him like that. If I was the teacher, I probably would have left the room to just get away from the situation. And then decide on the next best course of action.

I don't agree with how this kid acted, but the teacher is more in the wrong here.

SmileyO

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Nothing about his dumb ass assaulting a minor!! What other options did this teacher have?

Why wasn't his parents called and why did the teacher swing on him first and risk losing his job as a black man in America this is sad but it starts at home you nip this type of behavior in the bud why they are young .

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I'm going against the grain today because some of these young people are straight up killers and we never know who. The young fake thug got what he was looking for and the old man had enough. If we as men are not teaching our sons/daughters respect then someone in these streets will hopefully old Teacher has another form of income to fall back on because he let it all go that day. It's funny that none of his peers raised up to stop him until he was in danger of getting knocked out....this is the mentality some teachers have to deal with because discipline isn't being taught at home. Discipline your children. B1✊🏿 #OldSchoolDad
    Regular Season Idk GIF by NBA

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    The kid was being a disrespectful piece of ish and I see that all to often with young black boys that don't have a strong father figure in their life. Was the teacher out of line? YES... But can I fault him completely for losing his ish? NO. Imagine dealing with students like this on a day to day basis. Even the best of us would snap. Teachers in the public school system are treated like crap by students and the system. They are often overworked, underpaid, and it just ain't worth it. I would NEVER be a teacher for any children past the age of 8, especially not these days. I went to school to be a teacher and even though I graduated, I opted to take a different career path. I do not want to work in the public system with teens. They are the worst. The public school system is just as bad as the prison system in America.

ART
    ART
    That young boy in the video looks like a dark-skinned Latino to me. A lot of Latino males and females (white, mixed and non-white, especially those that reside in Black hood areas) try to emulate what they think is Black "hood culture" and Black "ratchet/hoodrat behavior" even though they can still possess racist attitudes and still look down on Black people. (See Cardi B, Lil Pump, and 6ix9ine for example.)
    ART
    ART
    >> The public school system is just as bad as the prison system in America.

It's by design. The school-to-prison pipeline is very real.
    D

Deleted member 1946

The kid was being a disrespectful piece of ish and I see that all to often with young black boys that don't have a strong father figure in their life. Was the teacher out of line? YES... But can I fault him completely for losing his ish? NO. Imagine dealing with students like this on a day to day basis. Even the best of us would snap. Teachers in the public school system are treated like crap by students and the system. They are often overworked, underpaid, and it just ain't worth it. I would NEVER be a teacher for any children past the age of 8, especially not these days. I went to school to be a teacher and even though I graduated, I opted to take a different career path. I do not want to work in the public system with teens. They are the worst. The public school system is just as bad as the prison system in America.
    Yep. Even in the "better" classes at the public schools, the students talk too loudly entirely too much. It is almost like they don't have any self-control. When I was in high school, I saw a Black woman who clearly looked distressed when she had a substitute teacher job. She quit after work that day.

D

Deleted member 1946

I'm going against the grain today because some of these young people are straight up killers and we never know who. The young fake thug got what he was looking for and the old man had enough. If we as men are not teaching our sons/daughters respect then someone in these streets will hopefully old Teacher has another form of income to fall back on because he let it all go that day. It's funny that none of his peers raised up to stop him until he was in danger of getting knocked out....this is the mentality some teachers have to deal with because discipline isn't being taught at home. Discipline your children. B1✊🏿 #OldSchoolDad
    Regular Season Idk GIF by NBA
    I'm for disciplining children, but not by putting hands on them as a teacher. I wish something else could have been done.

D

Deleted member 1946

Yeah the teacher blew up on that kid. He shouldn't have let the kid get to him like that. If I was the teacher, I probably would have left the room to just get away from the situation. And then decide on the next best course of action.

I don't agree with how this kid acted, but the teacher is more in the wrong here.
    Yep. He could have gone to the bathroom to calm down and count to 60.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    These days if you want to be a teacher you know you are going to have kids who show zero respect and are doing the most. It's a given. Just like as much as I hate cops, I've seen where they are trying to respectful and not escalate and the driver or whomever acts like an a hole from jump.

It's part of the job to maintain your cool. If you can't don't do the job or you have been doing the job and it got to the point you had to put hands on a minor, maybe its time to find another line of work.

Almost always, whenever I've seen a black minor / black kid get mishandled by an adult, I can't recall any one on the internet or news where that black child had a father in the home.

You put hands on a black man's kid, it won't happen again. I recall a black girl whose desk was picked up by a white schoool resource officer and slammed while she was still in the desk. In the ensuing school board meeting a brotha and he was a big, buff brother (pause : ) was heated and told them white people on the school board that if he ever hears of this happening to his kid or another kid, he's coming back there and he's not coming to talk, he's coming to handle business. There wasn't much ambiguity in what he meant and you could see the white boys tryna control their fear.

The school knew which of the students growing up had a father in the home. They weren't gonna put hands on those kids. You already know. You might get cussed out by a mom or grandmom but she ain't laying hands on you. You put hands on a responsible black man's son and god forbit his baby girl...then we talking hands on you. Straight up.

Middle class dads for the most part may not but if any father, if he's poor or working class, its on. I grew up near an Italian neighborhood, union types, same thing. Irish guys, same thing if they were poor/working class. Call them to handle the son but don't lay hands, he's the only one that can.

Jay
    Jay
    My son’s school is like that. I let them know I don’t play around about my son so don’t even try it. I had to run up there a couple times and let them know to knock off the BS.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yep. Even in the "better" classes at the public schools, the students talk too loudly entirely too much. It is almost like they don't have any self-control. When I was in high school, I saw a Black woman who clearly looked distressed when she had a substitute teacher job. She quit after work that day.
    I have seen so many teachers have to deal with just too damn much. It is not okay especially when they are not being paid good enough to deal with this. I am sorry but kids these days are dumber than ever. It wasn't all rainbows and sunshine when I was in school but most students had some level of respect for their teachers - these days? Pff you are lucky to find it.