The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Time travel, would you use it if it worked?

Real One

Sixer
zBucks
Time travel has always interested me growing up. From wanting to go back in time to fix my life, or going back to see family who had passed. As well, maybe playing the lottery. :D

If it was possible to time travel, would you risk it? I wouldn't mind going back to a time in my life, where I think I can make some much needed changes, but I also risk changing my own history or others histories. Because if I go back in time and say, date the girl I had a crush on, that would essentially be me changing the future. As well, there are moments in life that are important to me, and I think if I did travel back, I could potentially miss those moments, or end up not doing them.

With that being said, would you ever time travel? And if so, what would you do? Where would you go?

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'd go to KMT and tell them to close up the Mystery Schools to everyone outside of the continent. I'd let them know that in the future Greece would plagiarize all their work, the noses of all their works will be broken, and the world would pretend as if they were of European descent. I'd go in front of Ahmose and his wife:

Michael Jackson Mj GIF

...they'll be looking on like:

eddie murphy egypt GIF

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I'd go back and help Hannibal. If Carthage had won, the whole landscape of the world would have changed and in theory an afro-centric world.

I'd also like to go back and have accurate descriptions of the Pharaohs in heiroglyphics so there is no question.

I'd make sure those failed slave revolts worked.

For me personally, knowing where the markets, bitcoin, etc is, I'd be the modern day Mansa Musa but low key AF and I'd buy (through other people) BET make it B1, buy Youtube early and stop their subterfuge.

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    Where to start;

Prevent Patrice Lumumba from being assassinated, if he stayed alive his influence over the WHOLE of Africa would have been immeasurable.

Stop Charles Drew from getting in that car.

Help to knock down Elmina Castle and prevent the Dutch setting up in Ghana. This was a major port in the Trans-Atlantic slave trade. Who knows what the world would look like.

On a more personal level, would have bought shares in Apple during the 90's and have a couple of lottery wins. The lottery wins would be good mjlol

D

Deleted member 1475

I would travel to the future and create an invention, that invention would be tested and properly used when I travel to the past (before the Arabs enslaved Black people and before the transatlantic slave trade) to physically protect the continent of Africa (as well as other Black native continents and islands) from ALL Non-Black people that try to enter and attempt to make ANY interactions with Black people. The invention would be a machine that can transport a signal to the sky and form a physical barrier that would stop any person that does not have Black genetics, from entering it or even getting near it, maybe the machine could also fire missiles or lasers at the colonisers from long distances too, just to be on the safe side.

D

Deleted member 1946

Where to start;

Prevent Patrice Lumumba from being assassinated, if he stayed alive his influence over the WHOLE of Africa would have been immeasurable.

Stop Charles Drew from getting in that car.

Help to knock down Elmina Castle and prevent the Dutch setting up in Ghana. This was a major port in the Trans-Atlantic slave trade. Who knows what the world would look like.

On a more personal level, would have bought shares in Apple during the 90's and have a couple of lottery wins. The lottery wins would be good mjlol
    I wish I could have prevented him from being murdered. He is one of my favorite African leaders.

D

Deleted member 1946

I would travel to the future and create an invention, that invention would be tested and properly used when I travel to the past (before the Arabs enslaved Black people and before the transatlantic slave trade) to physically protect the continent of Africa (as well as other Black native continents and islands) from ALL Non-Black people that try to enter and attempt to make ANY interactions with Black people. The invention would be a machine that can transport a signal to the sky and form a physical barrier that would stop any person that does not have Black genetics, from entering it or even getting near it, maybe the machine could also fire missiles or lasers at the colonisers from long distances too, just to be on the safe side.
    I never thought of it like this, but this is a good idea. It would have helped us to have empowerment and thus stop outsiders from hurting us.

D

Deleted member 1946

I’d want to see many of my ancestors to find out how they lived and who they were. I’m assuming I could go back as a viewer not a participant.
    Yep. I've heard that the people way back then had more of the knowledge about how to do things than we have now, and the "powers that be" stole a lot of our knowledge and inventions and put things into place to stop us from being as great as we could have been. I think I would want to be a viewer and not a participant as well.

Banks

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Honestly, I don't know if I would. Part of me thinks the idea to go back in time would be cool, to revisit some things from my childhood, or to go back and see how my dad was growing up. Same with my mom. I think I'd be more comfortable traveling into the future, because I don't want to end up changing anything about my own life in the process.

As for big things, I think going back to stop the torture and murder of Emmett Till would be a good start. Part of me thinks that they would find another black kid to kill. So, then that means you'd have to go back in time to take out the murderers before they can even do it.

Another thing that scares me, is being stranded in another time if the time machine or whatever breaks down.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Wakanda? shannoncigar

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    I don't know if I would cause if I messed something up, I wouldn't ever forgive myself. Like what if you travel through time and accidentally make it so you don't exist? Then what? lol
    We know NOT to alter anything that's all ready in existence. Past, present & future.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    I think I would, but mostly to go back and see family & friends who have passed away. I don't think I'd go back to change history, as I don't want to change anything major. I just want to go back, see the people I cared about and relive the time I had with them. I would try to save them, but I don't know if I could.
    They haven't passed, they went to the next level & you'll see them again, just as you remember, but younger & you'll know who they are & vice versa.

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don't know if I would cause if I messed something up, I wouldn't ever forgive myself. Like what if you travel through time and accidentally make it so you don't exist? Then what? lol
    Oh wow. That’s a good argument for just observing. If we change anything, we may wipe out our own existence. Plus, as traumatic as our history has been, it’s a miracle we still exist at all. We’re only 12% of the population but we’re here! Who knows how all this may be resolved in the future? (With our help , of course) All this mess may be straightened out. I think that’s what kept our ancestors going; a better future, or at least a good explanation!
    So, yeah, I still would want to see the past but most definitely only as an observer.

D

Deleted member 1475

But then we, as Black Americans, as other American Black peoples wouldn’t exist. I’m not advocating for slavery but that’s a tough one. Maybe we would exist but slightly different and under much under better circumstances?
    The invention wouldn't restrict other Black people from leaving but I guess you could use it as a portable device to carry around while away from land in case of Non-Blacks attacking you and then you wouldn't need to use it once you reached the shielded land. I imagine all Black people would live under better circumstances but it could take away the historical significance of Black civilisations and lineages that existed after slavery. You'd also have to think about the fact that if you went that far back in time, what would happen to everyone who was living in the present? Would they cease to exist too? The invention would have to be absolutely flawless because probably just going back in time would alter every other timeline that existed after, there would be no turning back.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Oh wow. That’s a good argument for just observing. If we change anything, we may wipe out our own existence. Plus, as traumatic as our history has been, it’s a miracle we still exist at all. We’re only 12% of the population but we’re here! Who knows how all this may be resolved in the future? (With our help , of course) All this mess may be straightened out. I think that’s what kept our ancestors going; a better future, or at least a good explanation!
    So, yeah, I still would want to see the past but most definitely only as an observer.
    That would be ideal. See the truth and document it but not interfere with it. I think there is a lot we could benefit with from that alone because our history was wiped and we are only told what they want us to know.