The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Treasury Dept. Declares IRS Will Monitor Transactions of ALL U.S. Accts Over $600

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    p0g3flk.jpg

Tyrannical move would allow federal government to also snoop on all crypto and cash app transactions in violation of 4th Amendment

Joe Biden’s Treasury Department has announced Thursday an invasive new initiative tasking the federal government to audit virtually all financial transactions of Americans with bank accounts holding at least $600.

The Treasury document, called “General Explanations of the Administration’s Fiscal Year 2022 Revenue Proposals,” outlines how every individual bank account with over $600 will be monitored by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

“This proposal would create a comprehensive financial account information reporting regime. Financial institutions would report data on financial accounts in an information return. The annual return will report gross inflows and outflows with a breakdown for physical cash, transactions with a foreign account, and transfers to and from another account with the same owner,” the memo states.

“This requirement would apply to all business and personal accounts from financial institutions, including bank, loan, and investment accounts, with the exception of accounts below a low de minimis gross flow threshold of $600 or fair market value of $600.”

This proposal will also “apply to crypto a*set exchanges and custodians.”

Patrick Hedger, vice president of policy at the Taxpayers’ Protection Alliance told the DailyMail the Treasury’s move blatantly violates the Fourth Amendment, which protects citizens from unreasonable search and seizure.

“The IRS is first and foremost, a law enforcement agency, and the Fourth Amendment protects against unreasonable searches and seizures in pursuit of, of looking for wrongdoing and criminal actions, so I think this is going to run into severe Fourth Amendment headwinds,” Hedger said.

Hedger also said this targeting of lower income Americans amounts to the “ultimate regressive tax.”

“You’re going to push more folks into small cash transactions, you’re going to push more banking offshore … the big fish out there that do have sizable a*sets that are that are eligible for taxation offshore. This is the ultimate regressive tax,” Hedger said.

“You’re going to end up punishing the worst off among us … the lower income folks in this country have historically been the targets of aggressive IRS audits because they don’t have the CPAs and the lawyers to be able to f*ght back,” he added.

This tyrannical move comes in tandem with Biden’s draconian edict requiring businesses to force their employees to get the COVID injection.

eclipsed

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Online earnings changed too. Anything over $600 needs to be taxed and tracked whereas before, it was 20k. They are desperate to make back the money they pissed away with those stimulus checks and all that money printing they did. They don't care about us. They just want to ensure when the ship sinks, they have a way out.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Anytime I see something about the IRS getting more pull and say in people's money and their lives, I have to wonder who is allowing this crap. Who actually approved of this and voted for it? Like "Yeah, ya know, I don't care about my financial privacy or anything! Here government, just take all my information and use it against me any which way you'd like to!"... ffs

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    IRS is a savage goon. If you owe them money, they wait and wait and wait until just when you think you are about to collect a refund then they come through and crush your dreams.
    The one refund you was gonna use to pay off that credit card whose interest is ramming you up the ass!