The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Trust Amongst Us

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    As an Aboriginal, FBA or Freedmen why is there such a lack of trust amongst many Black Americans and Black people as a whole? Why is it always just a handful of us that want to be free?
    If we’re keeping it real every community has that contingency. What we don’t have is an economic base and society of shot callers to wrangle in the cowards and losers. We are missing that, trying to convert the sheep is a losing battle.

MisterAlston

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If we’re keeping it real every community has that contingency. What we don’t have is an economic base and society of shot callers to wrangle in the cowards and losers. We are missing that, trying to convert the sheep is a losing battle.

The extreme solution is to come off the gold standard and create our own curren, but I know that would be an uphill fight. What say you then, what are put other suggestions?

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The extreme solution is to come off the gold standard and create our own curren, but I know that would be an uphill fight. What say you then, what are put other suggestions?
    It would be to move to a communal society and learn how to live off the land. We will barter between one another for necessities and help detether ourselves from the government’s economic system. We would need cash for compliance but will try to live as independently as possible like the Amish.

MisterAlston

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It would be to move to a communal society and learn how to live off the land. We will barter between one another for necessities and help detether ourselves from the government’s economic system. We would need cash for compliance but will try to live as independently as possible like the Amish.

I would be so fine with that, good idea.

Nat Turner

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    The sheer volume of anti black propaganda everywhere you look and listen has infected many of us just as strongly as it has, other races. I would go as far as to say it’s one reason some of us kill each other or enter into relationships without the eventual aim of bringing black children into the world and raising them in a prosperous, secure 2 parent home.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I thought you were going to ask a tough question. lol.. Joking aside. The fact that we are even here after, what? 400 - 500 of years of systemic, endemic, covert and overt attacks, plenty of it genocidal, is a miracle.

What you are seeing is a byproduct of that: mistrust, hating, etc. That comes with it unfortunately. By design. It is actually normal. The Irish had a common enemy but would fight each other as an example. The Palestians kill each other even though they have a common enemy. Hamas and Hezbollah have killed each other in numbers. Unfortunately, its the norm. That's not who we are. We came from a communal people, where everyone ate or everyone didn't eat.

I can't think of another set of people who survived half this. Look at the natives. From Canada down to the tip of Argentina. Literally 1000s of tribes are completely extinct when white supremacy came at them. The Tasmanian people in Oceana are completely extinct. The very natives that Caribbean were named after, the Carib indians are extinct.

No one, one could have survived that middle passage. No one other than the black seminoles and other black natives could have survived both the diseases and the attempts of extinction.

You are asking the wrong question bro. You should be asking how the f*ck we are still here. And here as the greatest cultural influencer.

The last 10 years has seen a huge increase in our presence, and yeah, power. We are flexing, its not coming fast enough and the road is long, but its happening. So many things that has never been before is happening:
    * reparations even being said in a presidential primary.
    * marches and protests in 100s of cities, some of them without any black people to speak of: Salt Lake City, Oregon, Boise, etc. but on our behalf.

Do the work and stay on code. Everyone does that in their own circles, sphere of influence, it will grow and it is growing. This has only been getting bigger and bigger. Again, not close to being fast enough, but its happening. We gotta think not just short term, but intermediate and long term...like they do.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    As an Aboriginal, FBA or Freedmen why is there such a lack of trust amongst many Black Americans and Black people as a whole? Why is it always just a handful of us that want to be free?
    I think a lot of the mistrust is taught to us, we've seen and heard negative things about our people since birth, what would you expect? I've been guilty of looking at my people as untrustworthy, but over the years I've learned to look at my people as special, unique and valued.
    It took me a while to get to this point, I regret not being taught this, my parents are Boomers, the generation that didn't support Malcolm X or the Black Panthers properly.
    Generation X is trying to correct what the Boomers fcked up.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Excellent question. 2 phrases I can think of: be better than the last n*, and don’t trust the next n*.
    For some reason we have taken the first phrase wrong, and therefore picked up the second phrase.
    “Don’t trust them new n*”
    Interesting perspective. You lean on two when you haven’t healed from the last nigga.

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is where one starts to think about what was lost, what could have been ... If only Tulsa was allowed to flourish, if only Malcolm and King were not assasinated ... Count up all the costs

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is where one starts to think about what was lost, what could have been ... If only Tulsa was allowed to flourish, if only Malcolm and King were not assasinated ... Count up all the costs
    The country would be totally different and Black America would be flexing its political and economic muscle everywhere. Police executions would have significant economic consequences for the municipalities that support them. We’d be bankrolling our own political candidates. The country would be flipped over on its head.

BlackByNature777

Sixer
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    So many have and still are a part of our genocide, pain, and suffering. Once it’s time to stand on the frontline, we will see who truly want to see our unity Justice and payment in Reparations. Too many oppressed self haters. Remember, during slavery, many stood beside the enslaver as they dismembered and Lynched men, women and our children. They are equally Evil and dangerous. But we have to UNITE and do what we must to treasonist.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Trust increases when you have a code. And you have no choice but to link up. Look at the various black wall streets. The code was strong. The crime rate wasn't high. Everyone was about business and everyone made sure their name was good in the streets. Tulsa's black wall street was very, very safe. You didn't go downtown (Greenwood and Pine) on Saturdays not wearing a suit.

Look at here. There is far more trust between blacks you have never met than the ones you see every day face to face. Why? We are all generally on the same code.

Look at the reparations rally. It was so on code people were isolating possible ops.

In the BLM / George Floyd marches, the code was so strong in some protests that cops were sending ops to start trouble because they couldn't get a legal reason to go in and do ish.

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Trust increases when you have a code. And you have no choice but to link up. Look at the various black wall streets. The code was strong. The crime rate wasn't high. Everyone was about business and everyone made sure their name was good in the streets. Tulsa's black wall street was very, very safe. You didn't go downtown (Greenwood and Pine) on Saturdays not wearing a suit.

Look at here. There is far more trust between blacks you have never met than the ones you see every day face to face. Why? We are all generally on the same code.

Look at the reparations rally. It was so on code people were isolating possible ops.

In the BLM / George Floyd marches, the code was so strong in some protests that cops were sending ops to start trouble because they couldn't get a legal reason to go in and do ish.
    Interesting statement. I think we have a communication problem, but maybe not so much with the advent of black platforms .... Where would you put a "code book" so that everybody has access to it , while obviously shielding it from the oppressor ... Whats the best way to communicate something like that? Not sure books are best way, audio? Video? It goes into a broader question , what's the best way for a little guy to communicate a message to our ppl on a mass scale ?

My thing has always been whose gonna do it? Somebody, maybe us, needs to start putting together a skeleton ...

MarleyK20

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Because this is not our home, we've been bred by our masters to not trust each other. Until Black folks awaken on their own there really is nothing you can do. All of us aren't going to make it. That's okay.

MarleyK20

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If you can't change the minds of the people, there is no need coming up with anything for them. They will just betray you/us for ease and comfort. Worry about those who get it and commune with them. There is a reason the Bible always talks about a remnant of our people making it out. We love to worship idols, pagan gods, and all the things bad for us. A natural culling of the ignorant, stiffnecked and hard headed is coming. Wake up who you can until you can’t and try not to get killed in the process. That's all you can do.

MarleyK20

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Interesting statement. I think we have a communication problem, but maybe not so much with the advent of black platforms .... Where would you put a "code book" so that everybody has access to it , while obviously shielding it from the oppressor ... Whats the best way to communicate something like that? Not sure books are best way, audio? Video? It goes into a broader question , what's the best way for a little guy to communicate a message to our ppl on a mass scale ?

My thing has always been whose gonna do it? Somebody, maybe us, needs to start putting together a skeleton ...
    I love the idea of a codebook but if you write it Pilgrims would, steal it or one of our own would sell us out. We gotta be 3 steps ahead of our enemies at all times.

Drakbluud

Senior Sixer
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Too many years of constant oppression. Best now to separate away from the pinkskins. We’ll have to move in great secrecy. We’ll find secrecy in numbers. That’s what it is.

Drakbluud

Senior Sixer
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    How can you say that, you being Sovereign, who cracked the minds of the ages..?

Drakbluud

Senior Sixer
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I disagree. The solution will be to be cunning, patient and strategic. Starting your own economy would be a one hefty task, given the system arrayed against. Better to find ways to thwart them in their own system by using it against itself.

Drakbluud

Senior Sixer
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Precisely.

Drakbluud

Senior Sixer
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    The sheer volume of anti black propaganda everywhere you look and listen has infected many of us just as strongly as it has, other races. I would go as far as to say it’s one reason some of us kill each other or enter into relationships without the eventual aim of bringing black children into the world and raising them in a prosperous, secure 2 parent home.
    The issue is lack of education, and a culture of acceptance of ignorance. If only we had a means of showing everyone the value of reading— and more importantly, the value of reading between the lines.

Drakbluud

Senior Sixer
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    If you can't change the minds of the people, there is no need coming up with anything for them. They will just betray you/us for ease and comfort. Worry about those who get it and commune with them. There is a reason the Bible always talks about a remnant of our people making it out. We love to worship idols, pagan gods, and all the things bad for us. A natural culling of the ignorant, stiffnecked and hard headed is coming. Wake up who you can until you can’t and try not to get killed in the process. That's all you can do.
    There’s another thing you can do. Show them the greatness that comes from our fight. Let the allure of true righteousness and survivability guide them. In time, with the right principles, you gain a following…

Drakbluud

Senior Sixer
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I love the idea of a codebook but if you write it Pilgrims would, steal it or one of our own would sell us out. We gotta be 3 steps ahead of our enemies at all times.
    Better to introduce the code through subtlety, in forms such as children’s books, short stories, fables, parables, etc..

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If you can't change the minds of the people, there is no need coming up with anything for them. They will just betray you/us for ease and comfort.
    Sad Pauly D GIF by A Double Shot At Love With DJ Pauly D and Vinny

Sad but so true.

Blackmamba

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    In the words of Neely Fuller "black folks are silly about serious things, and serious about silly things" sadly this is not a lie, I'm not saying this is all of our mentality, however this particular mindset in on full display and it makes it very hard for us as a collective to really move onward and forward as we should (it's just my opinion not a persecution)

OTR

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is because MOST black people want to be accepted by or aligned with the dominant society (even though they do not want to admit it) instead of building their own powerhouse. Furthermore, there is a real divide between Black Americans and other Black People (Africans, Caribbeans, UK Blacks) that is deeply rooted in misunderstanding on both sides, preconceived ideas about one another, tribalism and coonery behaviour.

The Chinese focused on manufacturing and now they're are a global economic powerhouse. The Arabs invested tech and infrastructure infused by oil money and now are a major player in world affairs. What did the Black Americans and the other Blacks do? Continue to hate each other instead of uniting and actually establishing link back to the motherland and other areas.

Ghana, Senegal and Tanzania are super friendly and welcome Black Americans to come and visit but how many actually go there to visit and bridge the gap? Global networks help hence why Israel still has power because the Jews all over the world fund their military and all Jewish initiatives.

The plight of the black is global:

America (Aboriginals/Natives, FBA, ADOS, Black Americans) - Slavery and Jim Crow
    Africans - Colonisation and Apartheid (South Africa till 1994)
    Australia - Extermination of Aboriginals and establishment of the Whites only policy till 1972.

I do understand that one is always going to focus on their own experience and what affects their immediate community but until black people across the world unite, nothing will change. We must UNITE!!!