The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Vision Boards

D

Deleted member 1946

What are your thoughts on vision boards? The reason I ask this is because I keep seeing so many people talking about having a vision board. I have a personal one, and I have a business one. I created both of mine by taking magazines that I was about to throw in the trash. I cut pictures and positive words out and glued them onto the board. When I get up every morning, I have no choice but to see both of them. It is a psychological reminder everyday that I need to do things to move upwards. My overall thoughts are that they can be a great tool to visually see the big goal(s).

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I never actually used one or attempted to. I like to use a journal to document goals and progress. Maybe a vision board would help me actually stick to stuff. Like one example is I am trying to lose some weight I gained the last few years. Maybe having pictures of myself thinner or pictures of my favorite clothes I can't fit in anymore would motivate me more.

D

Deleted member 1946

I never actually used one or attempted to. I like to use a journal to document goals and progress. Maybe a vision board would help me actually stick to stuff. Like one example is I am trying to lose some weight I gained the last few years. Maybe having pictures of myself thinner or pictures of my favorite clothes I can't fit in anymore would motivate me more.
    I love the fact that people do what works for them. I use a journal as well since I have to dump my thoughts because trying to keep everything stored in my brain is challenging and stressful. I am sure you use a journal so you can look back and see what you were thinking last year compared to this year. I have learned that as time go by, I will realize that they had some crazy thoughts in earlier years. This is called growth. The journal serves as a good way to see the transformation.

InsaneOptimist

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This was/is an awesome tactic used overwhelmingly by people in the Direct Marketing/Sales sector. If you’ve ever seen the film “Glengarry Glenn Ross” those are they types who in real life commonly used that tactic. Sometimes it’s just a photo of the goal you desire taped to the bathroom mirror, fridge, bedroom mirror, etc. Great Question 🔥‼️

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I love the fact that people do what works for them. I use a journal as well since I have to dump my thoughts because trying to keep everything stored in my brain is challenging and stressful. I am sure you use a journal so you can look back and see what you were thinking last year compared to this year. I have learned that as time go by, I will realize that they had some crazy thoughts in earlier years. This is called growth. The journal serves as a good way to see the transformation.
    Yup self reflection is a huge key to growth and it is something that people seldom do which is why you see people still acting like they did in their teens well into their 40s and even 50s. I notice this with some family members. Like they never grew out of themselves or bettered themselves.

D

Deleted member 1946

Yup self reflection is a huge key to growth and it is something that people seldom do which is why you see people still acting like they did in their teens well into their 40s and even 50s. I notice this with some family members. Like they never grew out of themselves or bettered themselves.
    I try my best to do self reflection daily.

D

Deleted member 1946

This was/is an awesome tactic used overwhelmingly by people in the Direct Marketing/Sales sector. If you’ve ever seen the film “Glengarry Glenn Ross” those are they types who in real life commonly used that tactic. Sometimes it’s just a photo of the goal you desire taped to the bathroom mirror, fridge, bedroom mirror, etc. Great Question 🔥‼️
    I have not seen that film. I will see if I can find it.