The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

What Do We Want?

cjg

Senior Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I think we need a bigger discussion for everybody to get behind, obviously .. It always comes down to voting time, issues get splintered , and so does our group agenda ...

... we need some serious political and numerical analysis (independent) beforehand, so we not scrambling at the last minute (if that's even possible) ...

Collective action is the only way we are going to make real gains in a place that does everything to keep us on the fence, destabilize, circumvent laws, etc (I'm thinking about the 13th, slavery illegal except for a crime ... all those innocents who were enslaved because of technicalities) ...

If you were to present a list of demands to either party, what would it include? ...

Right now, I believe the only candidate with a reparations agenda/plan are the independents (Kennedy, and Williamson? I haven't heard of anybody else) - currently, serious options in my opinion ...

Newsome ... Eh, I'll believe it when I see it ...

Everyone has their own set of priorities, but high on my list is police reform and/or Anti-Black Hate ...

I also realize that the goal won't be as easy to attain nationally if Congress is not on the same page (courts come into play also ... This whole thing is a cluster really, which adds another conversation) ...

I'm an advocate of local politics being the biggest driver and where we should put most of our efforts ... Our own party articulating or own agenda ...

As Sinclair Skinner (iloveblackpeople.com) says,
"it's just one day ... We need to put something in place for the other 364 days" ...

Whatever is done, we also need something in place to get in front of the Pavlov experiment ..

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
I personally think reparations is the first and foremost issue. If they are against it, then there is no reason to ask about anything else, in my humble opinion.

They could say they are for an anti Black crime bill, they are for not putting immigrants in Black communities, etc.

Reparations is the most defining act America can do since the Civil Rights act. The Civil Rights era didn't accept anything less than its passage. The same for reparations. And as I stated before, reparations in America for FBAs would be a global defining event. My guess is it would spark a cultural change for Blacks in America but also light a fire internationally throughout the diaspora an the continent.

Don't think these politicians don't know that. The good news is they are well aware its growing fast as voting issue for Blacks in America.