Politics, Current Events, and Serious Discussion

Stats

Category
News and Politics
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

What Does Black History Month Mean to You?

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Definitely a time to reflect on what we've meant to this country but to me and many of us Black History or Our Story is something to be learned about 24/7/365✊🏿💯
    Yup 100%. We also have to reflect but then continue on the path set before us. Malcolm X wasn't the end of my story he was the beginning.

Mr. Chris

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Read our latest article penned by the amazing ART
    Black history to me is everyday I live. It's not just February, It's every single day of my life. In my mind, February is the start of Black History for the coming year! ✊🏾

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Black History should not be pushed and shoved into one box. You think white people living like this? They reflect on their history all the time. They use it. They learn from it. They advance with that knowledge. We need to do the same to be better informed, better prepared, and better aware of our enemies.

Mr. Chris

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Black History should not be pushed and shoved into one box. You think white people living like this? They reflect on their history all the time. They use it. They learn from it. They advance with that knowledge. We need to do the same to be better informed, better prepared, and better aware of our enemies.
    We black folks control the narrative of "black history month." So it's up to us to reinforce that we are more than just a month of history. Most definitely more than the shortest month btw. We have the power to define black history all year long, that's what we should strive for.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We black folks control the narrative of "black history month." So it's up to us to reinforce that we are more than just a month of history. Most definitely more than the shortest month btw. We have the power to define black history all year long, that's what we should strive for.
    100 it is our story and we have to tell that shit.