The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

What Happened To Hip Hop?

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Boycott these radio stations and their sponsors that play corporate music........things will start to change. The success of Andre3K's music is more proof that things are changing and people are tired and weary of this low vibrational music. Artist are selling their Masters for a reason. Notice there are no "modern artists" on this top 50 list....

FB_IMG_1703759888807.jpg

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    All genres took a hit in the last 20 years but hip hop has been bleeding out and no one even stopped to ask if he was okay. I been saying it for awhile that modern music is trash but no one wants to list to me. I know more people under the age of 25 that prefer '90s and early '00s music than what they putting out now.

Princess El-Bey

Senior Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

WOW, thanks Rollie Forbes
    I grew up on Hip Hop but I remained a fan of east coast Hip Hop.. I don’t recall West Coast Hip Hop.. KRS One remains my King of Hip Hop
    But what the music Industry decision makers plotted to do with west coast rap and how they silenced conscious rap for gangster rap …downright sick and evil

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What are your thoughts….
    Can the impact be reversed.?

KRS 1 said that hip hop will be able to save hip hop ...a counter movement will counter the trajectory...

My thoughts, we can easily host a bunch of positive hip hop contests .. put them on YT, give out prizes ...

Diashikis, African medallions .. fashion (100% Black Owned Sneakers - NAGAST FOOTWEAR RBGs) ..

... Maybe over the top idealization :) ... I seriously think it could work though ...

The point is, I think we could fix a lot of things ourselves IF we are focused and play our part , ie all on code ..... Self Determination!

It's in our hands ✊🏿

Last edited:

Princess El-Bey

Senior Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    KRS 1 said that hip hop will be able to save hip hop ...a counter movement will counter the trajectory...

My thoughts, we can easily host a bunch of positive hip hop contests .. put them on YT, give out prizes ...

Diashikis, African medallions .. fashion (100% Black Owned Sneakers - NAGAST FOOTWEAR RBGs) ..

... Maybe over the top idealization :) ... I seriously think it could work though ...

The point is, I think we could fix a lot of things ourselves IF we are focused and play our part , ie all on code ..... Self Determination!

It's in our hands ✊🏿
    I am so with that cjg ✊🏾