The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

What healthy changes are you making in your life?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Health is the most important thing and having a healthy body is beyond the value of any amount of money. I feel it is important for everyone to make healthy choices daily and work to become healthier in their day to day lives. With that being said, what are some healthy changes you are making in your life? Be it food and drink or physical and mental.

Currently, I am working on drinking more water. Trying to aim for 4 bottles a day and work my way up to 6.

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    i don't measure how much water I drink. I'm just at a point where I mostly just drink water or hot tea whenever I'm thirsty.
    i don't eat pork nor shellfish
    cut down a lot on fast food, mostly because it's disgusting.
    don't eat a lot of fried foods. love fries tho.
    eat more fruit

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    Snacking on pumpkin seeds - great for an energy boost without having the crash that can happen with sugary snacks
    Cut out having fizzy drinks
    Cut down on drinking coffee (which is difficult. I started drinking a lot of coffee when I quit cigarettes).
    Drinking more herbal teas, camomile, green tea, ginger and lemon etc. (what a surprise, someone living in England drinking tea rolleyesmjlol
    Sipping Tea Time GIF
    )

Spending less on takeaway food - good for both physical and financial health.

Stan Zero

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I'm trying to get back into my workout routine. I was slacking the past few months, pretty much skipping workouts left and right. But I gained some weight and keep gaining, so I have to make some changes like now.

As well, I could eat better and drink more water. I got addicted to diet soda again, so that's all I pretty much drink.

Finesse

Sixer
    zBucks
    Mine is to stay off of tech more often, either by limiting my time with it, or just cutting certain tech out of my life. I already started by cutting out most social medias except for here. I'm also trying to stop looking at my phone so damn much. I have my phone with me all the time, and I'm trying to cut that out, especially when I'm hanging out with friends and family.

As for health with diet and exercise, I think I got that handled pretty good at the moment, so not much needed to be changed there.

YahudahQueen96

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    No changes right now, but will start reading my books and exercise. I like reading, but get distracted or something comes up and I put the book down. I bought a book Mamie Till co-authored about her son, started to read it after it was delivered, and then something came up. I have to break out of that and just focus on reading. I should set a timer to read an hour or two a day, starting at 20-30 mins and work my way up. I would mostly read books for college. Novels and textbooks that I own or rented.

Exercising is a mandatory change that I need to make. I am physically disabled, and haven’t been in physical therapy since before the plandemic started. So I have to lift some weights regularly, and use some stretch bands. Building my upper body more is crucial and I need to build my immune system more. I want to go to the gym, but don’t feel comfortable being that where I live the management has become very poor and enough residents are trifling. So I’ll just work out in my apartment unit where I’ll feel safer and comfortable.