The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

What is the furthest you have driven?

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Random question, I know. I was thinking about it last night though and I have not driven for more than an hour straight without reaching my destination or at the very least, stopping for something. Some people out there are driving for 6 to 8 hours a day, if not more. Straight too! I think that is nuts. The reason I was thinking about this is cause a woman I work with, she told me her husband is a truck driver for one of those moving companies and he drives in and out of state all the time on long drives. I would not be able to manage that!

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Atlanta to Savannah is four hours. I drove that a couple of times but I learned to fill up in Atlanta cause stopping in between Atl and Savannah is just as dangerous as I-10.
    There’s a restaurant in Savannah called the Old Pink House, the food is so good. Looks like you a slave house though, that part tripped me out but the Filet Mignon was on point.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Random question, I know. I was thinking about it last night though and I have not driven for more than an hour straight without reaching my destination or at the very least, stopping for something. Some people out there are driving for 6 to 8 hours a day, if not more. Straight too! I think that is nuts. The reason I was thinking about this is cause a woman I work with, she told me her husband is a truck driver for one of those moving companies and he drives in and out of state all the time on long drives. I would not be able to manage that!
    Now driving for work is different to me. I worked jobs where im driving 8 to 10 hours. It wasnt bad at all to me.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    I drove 13 hours from Birmingham to Riviera City Florida. That was the worst trip ever.I would prefer to fly than drive for that long. I drove to Detroit and it was 11 hours.It wasnt as bad as driving through Florida. I made more rest stops on the Detroit trip.
    San Francisco, CA to Arlington, TX. 22 hours total. My son drove starting at dusk & I took over at dawn. This was in 2015. Moved to Euless, TX 3 years ago. Making my final move to Georgia at the end of next month. The drive is 12 hours, piece of cake. I'm a retired Transit Operator, drove 60+ hours per week.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    There’s a restaurant in Savannah called the Old Pink House, the food is so good. Looks like you a slave house though, that part tripped me out but the Filet Mignon was on point.
    As far as scenery Savannah is beautiful. It just seemed so slow down there. And thats coming from a guy from Ala.
    San Francisco, CA to Arlington, TX. 22 hours total. My son drove starting at dusk & I took over at dawn. This was in 2015. Moved to Euless, TX 3 years ago. Making my final move to Georgia at the end of next month. The drive is 12 hours, piece of cake. I'm a retired Transit Operator, drove 60+ hours per week.
    I can not be in the same place for 22 hours.Thats a big boy drive. That sounds like 2 or 3 rest stops a day.

gocarla

Sixer
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    hi :) when i lived in albuquerque, the longest drive was from there to atlanta, to disney, to my home town indianapolis, to pompano beach, back to indy, ending back in albuquerque. this was when i had a truck with fully self contained slide in camper twenty years ago before turn by turn app directions and children. id say it was about six weeks on the road.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    hi :) when i lived in albuquerque, the longest drive was from there to atlanta, to disney, to my home town indianapolis, to pompano beach, back to indy, ending back in albuquerque. this was when i had a truck with fully self contained slide in camper twenty years ago before turn by turn app directions and children. id say it was about six weeks on the road.
    That sounds like a fun trip. I bet you got to see a lot.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    yes :) and very fun!
    I want to fly down to Miami and drive all the way up to Maine. The East Coast fall is a sight to see.
    Straight shot from Portland to Anaheim, took the kids to meet family in Oaktown then vallejo then shot over to Disney.
    Man I will be doing the reverse pretty soon but gonna go all the way up to Seattle.

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Midland, TX to San Diego. Left at 4 am and arrived around 9:30 pm. stopped twice in AZ to pee and fill up. I thought I was going to die of boredom. Up until that point I loved to take road trips. That killed it for me. I was actually moving to Oakland and had a college friend in SD. from SD to Oakland was peanuts comparitvely speaking. Since then, I refuse to spend more than 2 hours in the car going to any destination. Most I will do is Seattle to Vancouver, BC or Austin to Dallas. I just cant do it. Sitting still that long is torture.

Victorystatus

Smell my cologne...
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Midland, TX to San Diego. Left at 4 am and arrived around 9:30 pm. stopped twice in AZ to pee and fill up. I thought I was going to die of boredom. Up until that point I loved to take road trips. That killed it for me. I was actually moving to Oakland and had a college friend in SD. from SD to Oakland was peanuts comparitvely speaking. Since then, I refuse to spend more than 2 hours in the car going to any destination. Most I will do is Seattle to Vancouver, BC or Austin to Dallas. I just cant do it. Sitting still that long is torture.
    Did you take the 10 to get there? Thats the only road I know of down south from SD to Jacksonville (I think).

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Ohio to Oregon, with two stops. Oregon to ATL, also two stops. I love to drive though. Loved the cross country trips. having done it a couple of times I can say there aren’t a lot of places in this country I’d want to love. Some of those states out west are nice to drive through, the posted speed limit is 75 or 80 mph but I wouldn’t want to live there…

I make regular trips from ATL to Ohio which is about 8 hours or so… Have gas will drive…🤷🏾