The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

What little things in life bring you joy?

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I am trying to be more positive this year as a whole not only in my life but within my worldview. So I am making an effort to be more thankful, grateful, and just focusing on the little things in life that bring me pleasure, joy, and peace. I think we can all use a few moments a day to reflect on things and just be at peace. The world is a mess and has been a mess for a very long time. There are problems everywhere we look in society. It can be stressful to only focus on the negative day in and day out.

With that, what are some little things in life (in your own personal life) that bring you joy?

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
Community Host
Tither
App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I am trying to be more positive this year as a whole not only in my life but within my worldview. So I am making an effort to be more thankful, grateful, and just focusing on the little things in life that bring me pleasure, joy, and peace. I think we can all use a few moments a day to reflect on things and just be at peace. The world is a mess and has been a mess for a very long time. There are problems everywhere we look in society. It can be stressful to only focus on the negative day in and day out.

With that, what are some little things in life (in your own personal life) that bring you joy?
    solitude, Jazz music, once a week I make a run to this bakery that's been around since I was a kid and I grab an Apple turnover and a slice of chocolate cake (the portions are huge) and I enjoy them throughout the week with coffee and a movie. Woodworking and messing with computers, watching movies, and being at the beach.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'll pick a day to binge play a video game. Or watch videos. Which takes my attention off of on going studying. Which allows the information I learn to process mentally.
    It’s like a defrag day I feel you on that. I hope on some Call of Duty, smoke a blunt, and every locks in.

TheHarmattan

*nix Master
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Sitting outside of a nail salon with a good cup of coffee on my breaks.

laughingblackguy

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I’m a cancer survivor. Battled it for a year. Sixteen infusions of chemotherapy and a stem cell transplant, retaking all my childhood vaccinations. Staring death in the face and being uncertain of the outcome but determined that I was not going to let cancer kill me, changed my perspective.

Waking every day gives me joy. Being able to see another day, that’s joy to me…

Stan Zero

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Peace and quiet for sure. But I also enjoy listening to music and relaxing.

Other than that, I used to draw and paint, maybe one of these days I'll take those hobbies up again. I also workout to relieve some stress, and it can bring me joy when I get a good workout in.

Oh and I can't forget video games, movies and television.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    A good book, movie or tv series.
    Travel.
    History.
    Beautiful black women.
    Exercising and eating right and seeing the results.
    Money. Getting it, doing some good with it.
    Ocean and city views.
    Watching Arsenal win. Especially over rival and big clubs.

Not necessarily in that order.

zBucks
    Ah the little things. For me, I'd have to say that napping is something I like to do. I maybe do it a little too often. I'm not even an old timer, and yet I nap way too damn much haha. That's just one small thing. I also like to game a lot, listen to my favorite music and relax.

Also I really enjoy the feeling of a snowy day, especially the trees packed with snow. It's relaxing in a way. Of course, having to shovel it, not so much.