Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

What's All The Equipment I Need To Get Started Streaming?

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What's good family, trying to finally get started with streaming my gaming. I've been procrastinating on this for a minute mainly because I don't know where to begin. I'm open to all suggestions for real.
    The most popular software I've seen is:

This is an example of how to set it up:

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What's good family, trying to finally get started with streaming my gaming. I've been procrastinating on this for a minute mainly because I don't know where to begin. I'm open to all suggestions for real.
    OBS or Streamlabs (which is owned by OBS). I prefer Streamlabs. It's all preference tho.

mic, headphones, elgato capture card (do your research), webcam. that's the basics to get started.

there's plenty of youtube videos on it though that will walk you through step by step.

As Above So Below

Registered
    I’m New Here
    Fuck all immigrants and black tethers. I'M DONE
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The most popular software I've seen is:

This is an example of how to set it up:

OBS or Streamlabs (which is owned by OBS). I prefer Streamlabs. It's all preference tho.

mic, headphones, elgato capture card (do your research), webcam. that's the basics to get started.

there's plenty of youtube videos on it though that will walk you through step by step.
    Much appreciation family!
    Tiger Woods Sport GIF

Imma get started on researching all this today. Hopefully I'm up and running by the end of the month.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

How do you like stream labs? I'm using stream yard and I don't like how transparencies on transitions doesn't work.

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    How do you like stream labs? I'm using stream yard and I don't like how transparencies on transitions doesn't work.
    i really like it. in the future, i may look into how to add in other people. that's why I couldn't buzz you in the broadcast last night. We wasn't set up for it.

style-wise, i think it's more robust and better production value tho.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    i really like it. in the future, i may look into how to add in other people. that's why I couldn't buzz you in the broadcast last night. We wasn't set up for it.

style-wise, i think it's more robust and better production value tho.
    I'ma check it out. I like that it can also show the comments on the screen and super chats.

OgunFist

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    If you have an Nvidia card (starting with the 20 series and higher) the new NVENC codec that it comes with pretty much blows away streaming off the CPU
    View: https://youtu.be/8adYJxfMZds

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Devin

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is an excellent question! I used to live stream on YouTube via PlayStation back in 2019 for a while. The only streaming products I had was a PlayStation 4, and an active YouTube account. However, if you're looking to be a professional live streamer, I would recommend getting a microphone, a video camera, and a decent setup. Streaming is more of a learn as you go type deal. I wish you the best of luck and hope that you are able to gain everything you need.

As Above So Below

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If you have an Nvidia card (starting with the 20 series and higher) the new NVENC codec that it comes with pretty much blows away streaming off the CPU
    View: https://youtu.be/8adYJxfMZds
    Oh wow, def gonna have to look into this.

I need to upgrade my computer because my computer slows to a crawl when streaming.
    Yeah... I'm realizing now this is another hurdle I'm gonna have to get over. My current laptop is old slow and janky at this point. This gonna be an expensive project (sigh)

This is an excellent question! I used to live stream on YouTube via PlayStation back in 2019 for a while. The only streaming products I had was a PlayStation 4, and an active YouTube account. However, if you're looking to be a professional live streamer, I would recommend getting a microphone, a video camera, and a decent setup. Streaming is more of a learn as you go type deal. I wish you the best of luck and hope that you are able to gain everything you need.
    Same here, I was just using the PlayStation 4 and uploading directly to Twitch/YouTube but that's nowhere near good enough if I'm really trying to get this popping. Appreciate the words brother, def gonna see this through! Ready to show myself spanking dudes in fighting games 😂

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I need to upgrade my computer because my computer slows to a crawl when streaming.
    also check your streaming settings. i'm currently running of x264. it's not as good as nividia, but you can change the settings to lessen the load during streaming. well, in streamlabs you can.

also a good idea if you're low on RAM to reboot your cpu before your stream to give it a fresh start.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    also check your streaming settings. i'm currently running of x264. it's not as good as nividia, but you can change the settings to lessen the load during streaming. well, in streamlabs you can.

also a good idea if you're low on RAM to reboot your cpu before your stream to give it a fresh start.
    Can’t do that in bum ass streamyard.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yeah... I'm realizing now this is another hurdle I'm gonna have to get over. My current laptop is old slow and janky at this point. This gonna be an expensive project (sigh)
    Look at it like a business. Look at what the revenue potential is, how you can manifest that revenue, and then see if the capital expenditure is worth it.

As Above So Below

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Look at it like a business. Look at what the revenue potential is, how you can manifest that revenue, and then see if the capital expenditure is worth it.
    Facts. When that list of how much the top 10 Twitch streamers make came out I was befuddled. You couldn't convince me beforehand without proof that there was that much revenue in game streaming.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Facts. When that list of how much the top 10 Twitch streamers make came out I was befuddled. You couldn't convince me beforehand without proof that there was that much revenue in game streaming.

They are getting bank! Also look at what the bottom 99 are generating and see if there is a lane in there for you too. Have your analysis pegged to falling in the middle of the 99%. Let’s say middle of the 99% is $8k/month ask yourself if it’s viable and sustainable for you.

Devin

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    With the millions of gamers tapping into what's been streamed, there is no way you wouldn't expect enough money to be made from video games streaming. Even running other streaming services that's not related to gaming, as long as you have viewers and subscribers, you will be making cool money easily.