The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

What's your definition of a partner doing “the bare minimum" in a relationship?

lexodyssey

Senior Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
For me it's when he feels like just because he's faithful and isn't abusive, he's a great partner. There's no little extras like planning dates or even just a quick text to say hi. I feel like so many settle for their partners simply because they are faithful and don’t abuse them but that doesn’t necessarily mean they are a good partner, that’s just the bare minimum and is what a partner should be doing regardless.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    For me it's when he feels like just because he's faithful and isn't abusive, he's a great partner. There's no little extras like planning dates or even just a quick text to say hi. I feel like so many settle for their partners simply because they are faithful and don’t abuse them but that doesn’t necessarily mean they are a good partner, that’s just the bare minimum and is what a partner should be doing regardless.
    This is a great topic, I think the bare minimum is similar to what you posted, it's when your partner becomes complacent. When they no longer feel like they have to compete to keep you. They feel like just being in a relationship with you is enough for you to feel satisfied in it. The sex gets wack, the conversation boring, you go to the same restaurant on Friday at the same time and order the same thing.

That's bare minimum to me.

Lamont

Sixer
    zBucks
    Having been in a situation similar but with a woman, I have to say that it sends chills down my spine reading this. When someone takes you for granted and thinks that their presence is sufficient, it's time to bounce.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Bare minimum is when she sit up and get fat but want you to pay all the bills.

She be like “babe do I look fat?’

I be like:

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Giiirl preach. My longest relationship ended like this, he was cheating on me with his damn XBOX. I’d have to beg and plead to get quality time and attention but he couldn’t be bothered. One morning it clicked and I realized I was too young to tolerate that and I left that day. He begged and pleaded, called my phone crying, and I can’t lie I dipped back and sex a couple times but thankfully never got serious with him again.

Caprice

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Well I think the bare minimum is actually daily communication and going out with each other. I feel no abuse and no cheating should be the norm. Going above the bare minimum is when you’re actually listening to your partner, being supportive, catering to their needs, learning who they are, finding ways to make their life easier, being their biggest cheerleader, being the one they can count on.

Caprice

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Reminds me of this meme too which is very true. We all have things to work on so make sure you’re with a partner who brings out the best in you, who’s patient with you, and who truly has your back. Be a better person in general so that you can bring the best parts of you to your relationship.

Attachments

A1F31BDD-6283-41BA-B71E-5DA7DAE315D7.jpeg

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Well I think the bare minimum is actually daily communication and going out with each other. I feel no abuse and no cheating should be the norm. Going above the bare minimum is when you’re actually listening to your partner, being supportive, catering to their needs, learning who they are, finding ways to make their life easier, being their biggest cheerleader, being the one they can count on.
    Wow someone has high standards. I don’t know if I could talk everyday, that’s a bit much.

lexodyssey

Senior Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Reminds me of this meme too which is very true. We all have things to work on so make sure you’re with a partner who brings out the best in you, who’s patient with you, and who truly has your back. Be a better person in general so that you can bring the best parts of you to your relationship.
    Yup, exactly! It should be about both of you and not just one side carrying the relationship. You both need to work to be better and grow together.

eclipsed

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    I guess the bare minimum for me would be someone who is in a relationship with me but isn't much of a partner. Like you get the benefits of having me to go out to eat with, drive you around, and let you have a place to lay your head but you do nothing for me. Very one-sided. Then when it comes to bedroom stuff, everything is done in a way that it seems to feel like a chore.

Caprice

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Wow someone has high standards. I don’t know if I could talk everyday, that’s a bit much.

Oh please. You do just fine ;-) and standards are necessary. Talking everyday should be the bare minimum. Imagine someone asking you how your woman is doing and you're like, "Hmm let me check, I haven't talked to her in a few days."

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    caprice said:
    Oh please. You do just fine ;-) and standards are necessary. Talking everyday should be the bare minimum. Imagine someone asking you how your woman is doing and you're like, "Hmm let me check, I haven't talked to her in a few days."

Nah I don't think so, I can't talk every night...what would I even talk about every night? That's too much! I gotta get this money.

D

Deleted member 1946

Many people would consider that partner BORING!

D

Deleted member 1946

Giiirl preach. My longest relationship ended like this, he was cheating on me with his damn XBOX. I’d have to beg and plead to get quality time and attention but he couldn’t be bothered. One morning it clicked and I realized I was too young to tolerate that and I left that day. He begged and pleaded, called my phone crying, and I can’t lie I dipped back and sex a couple times but thankfully never got serious with him again.
    He was addicted to a gaming system. He was expecting you to wait on him.