The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

What's your limit to how many kids you want?

DaBeast

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
For me, 2 or 3 kids is enough. I don't even know if I want more than 2 to be honest. I saw how my mom and dad raised us kids, we were a pain in the ass for them haha, but there was 5 of us running around causing chaos for them. Which is why I think 2 kids is more than enough.

But what about you? Do you want more than 1 child? Or do you want an even bigger family?

Tati 304

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
For me, 2 or 3 kids is enough. I don't even know if I want more than 2 to be honest. I saw how my mom and dad raised us kids, we were a pain in the ass for them haha, but there was 5 of us running around causing chaos for them. Which is why I think 2 kids is more than enough.

But what about you? Do you want more than 1 child? Or do you want an even bigger family?
I want an old southern family with 7 kids but it’s too expensive. My rent is 1700 I can barely afford myself.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I am approaching 30 and financially speaking, having a big family is just not an option. I will be happy with one child but I would prefer two. I think I would limit myself to three though. I don't want any more than three unless I was with a man who could financially support it and it not be a burden. Rare to find these days though. I don't want the added stress of it. Raising healthy kids is hard enough.

Rex Lawrence

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I am older than most of you guys. We had three children. Having children was a high point in my life. I enjoyed being a father much more than my years as a bon vivant living the high life in California as a member of the 1%.

We raised them to their twenties, and they turned out beautifully. Having children was such a joy and privilege.

DaBeast

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
My wallet dictates the # of progeny.
That'll do it. That's partly why I am not ready to bring kids into the equation.
I want an old southern family with 7 kids but it’s too expensive. My rent is 1700 I can barely afford myself.
Truth. Living expenses don't leave a lot of room for children unfortunately. I think at the moment, I could only afford to bring one child in, more would just be too much at the moment.
I am approaching 30 and financially speaking, having a big family is just not an option. I will be happy with one child but I would prefer two. I think I would limit myself to three though. I don't want any more than three unless I was with a man who could financially support it and it not be a burden. Rare to find these days though. I don't want the added stress of it. Raising healthy kids is hard enough.
Yeah, these days it's tough to start a big family. I'm not flush with cash either so I'd be broke fast. I don't even think I could handle more than 2-3 kids. I think my limit would be 2, but a 3rd maybe later.
I would be fine with just 1. Kids are so expensive and I would be afraid of having to split costs and resources between several.
Kids are crazy expensive. And then you gotta support them for up to 18 years and possibly more if they ever decide to go to college.
I am older than most of you guys. We had three children. Having children was a high point in my life. I enjoyed being a father much more than my years as a bon vivant living the high life in California as a member of the 1%.

We raised them to their twenties, and they turned out beautifully. Having children was such a joy and privilege.
Just being an uncle has made me want to be a father. Growing up I didn't want kids, but experiencing life with nieces and nephews, really pushed me to that point of wanting kids myself. I think being a father is going to be so much fun. I just wish I could afford it sooner rather than later. :(
I think I will be apart of the 1 and done crowd. I want to do my part in repopulating the world but definitely do not feel compelled to have multiple.
That's fair. I know many who prefer to just have one and be done.

Rex Lawrence

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
That'll do it. That's partly why I am not ready to bring kids into the equation.

Truth. Living expenses don't leave a lot of room for children unfortunately. I think at the moment, I could only afford to bring one child in, more would just be too much at the moment.

Yeah, these days it's tough to start a big family. I'm not flush with cash either so I'd be broke fast. I don't even think I could handle more than 2-3 kids. I think my limit would be 2, but a 3rd maybe later.

Kids are crazy expensive. And then you gotta support them for up to 18 years and possibly more if they ever decide to go to college.

Just being an uncle has made me want to be a father. Growing up I didn't want kids, but experiencing life with nieces and nephews, really pushed me to that point of wanting kids myself. I think being a father is going to be so much fun. I just wish I could afford it sooner rather than later. :(

That's fair. I know many who prefer to just have one and be done.
Only children are often very lonely growing up.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I am considering adoption as well but looking into the cost and the process, the US does not make it easy or cheap. That needs to be fixed for sure. This is why so many kids grow old in the system. If it was more affordable and an easier process, more families would adopt. Especially since women struggled to get pregnant is a growing health concern across the board.