The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

When did The Honorable Marcus Garvey become dishonorable?

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
I'm not too surprised. We are dealing with 40 some odd million blacks. There are going to be some who will say anything. That's to be expected. The crazier the opinion or view the more it will go viral. That's how things are and they know that.

There are different types that will do something like that: a. agents and agent provocateurs b. whites posing as blacks as disruptors c. Some blacks who will use B1 to mask their own issues (attention whoring, they never liked any black foreigners for whatever reason no matter how down they are, whatever other sh*t). d. some of the aforementioned will put out some wild stuff to test the waters, see what will stick and what doesn't. That's a common tactic of white folks.

For example, black LBGTQ tried to float the possibility of Tupac being gay. Black feminists waited till right after Dr. Welsing passed to sh*t on her legacy. The same feminists talked about MLK Jrs infidelity as a reason not to honor him.

As long as the main influencers aren't supporting and the rest of us stay on code and clap back, it can be 'managed'.

equis

Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
He became dishonorable when tribalism came to the USA. Now every single Black immigrant has to be discredited. There’s very little nuance and reason. Niggas now talking about Egypt was in the USA and that the Nile Delta is really the Mississippi delta.
I've heard the same rhetoric within the Israelite community as well. I think we're seeing a phenomenon in the black consciousness space where people are being torn between these nationalities or blackness. Seems like people are trying to mend some cognitive dissonance.

zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
2 or 3 times in Twitter Spaces by some FBA people.
I'm sorry but FBA does nothing but divide people I'm not talking about Black people or African Americans strictly FBA. They seem like the most bitter group of people imaginable. They want to call people tethers and frauds but all they do is attack other black people it's completely insane. Tariq Nasheed created a hate group.

zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I'm sorry but FBA does nothing but divide people I'm not talking about Black people or African Americans strictly FBA. They seem like the most bitter group of people imaginable. They want to call people tethers and frauds but all they do is attack other black people it's completely insane. Tariq Nasheed created a hate group.
That’s not my experience with FBA or Tariq Nasheed, etc.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It won't change either because everyone that claims it defends the ignorance. They don't call out the ignorant within their ranks for anything.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    If its some of the Black Isrealites saying it, then its not going anywhere. They have been saying all kinds of stuff for years now and I've not seen anything come of it. Kyrie Irving is the best thing that ever happened to them. They are pro Black and have taken a lane I don't drive on but I respect at least they are pro Black in their own way.

If its a few FBAs saying that, it won't go anywhere either. Anyone who co-signs anyone posting negativity about Garvey will get looked at sideways by 95% of everyone in the struggle and I'm lowballing. There are some people's name and legacy you don't mess with and Garvey is that (among a few others) who are 'non FBA' and I feel weird saying that about him. Not because its not accurate but because he transcends labels. It's not like no one knows his backgroud, so why even use it? Garvey, Ali, Dr. Clarke, Malcolm, several others are iconic. There are both non FBA and FBAs in the aforementioned. No one gave a sh*t prior to this term because they rode. So, why make a distinction now?

I'm gonna get very real right now. There are non FBAs who use the 'Akata', 'Jareer' labels on FBAs because they need to feel a sense of power over someone. They know they come from countries that struggle. So, its their once chance to feel powerful. They know being Somali or Nigerian is seen negatively to a lot of people so they can now do that to someone else. The ones in America noticed that they are treated better by white folks who say 'Somalia? Wow, how interesting' and they quickly realize they 'seem' to be seen different to FBAs. The cold part is they feel they are better than other non FBAs and can't stand them. In those twitter and clubhouse spaces, I guarantee you 100% the Jamaicans, Nigerians, Somalis, all of them don't like each other and within their own community practice tribalism, classism, etc. They compare their job as a dental technician to the lowliest FBAs in the hood. And use that as 'these lazy black Americans'.

There are FBAs who got on this movement in large part because they have nothing else going on in their lives. They are struggling perhaps financially, socially. And they are abusing the term non FBAs and applying to anyone of foreign background no matter how supportive they are so they can feel powerful and important. And guess what? They likely have non FBA homies. But they say it on social media that have screen names and avatars to feel powerful in an otherwise powerless life.

Both of these examples are basically people who are losers. Yeah, I said it. Tell me the lie?

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It won't change either because everyone that claims it defends the ignorance. They don't call out the ignorant within their ranks for anything.
    I'm not trying to hate on fba I'm just saying. It just seems so hateful. I'm not a coon or self hater. I'm black American/African American myself and fba just looks like a people tweeting mean stuff that's all I'm saying. I hope my statement wasn't taken out of context.

Nat Turner

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Who is throwing dirt on him? I've not seen it. Are there any notable black empowerment influencers doing that? I've heard nothing but good things from Tariq, TBA and PBT. Dr. Umar is a huge fan of his as well.
    I ran into a bunch of tethers (not to be confused with on code brothers and sisters of the diaspora) on Clubhouse and encountered this myself. Nothing but insulting Garvey. It blew my MF mind! I was like “What planet am I on? It might be because Garvey left them to their BS and decided he had to come here where black people were doing something. Then they started trying very aggressively to get my personal information so I left.

Last edited:

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I'm not trying to disparage fbas as a whole I believe in pan Africanism and just want us to allow get along
    It's not hard just get along it's really simple if you put Black First and ideology 2nd.....if you're not putting Black First you're off code. I'm FBA and I can get along with anyone on the Strength of Being Black everything after that is secondary RESPECT that we fight against the same white supremacy.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It's not hard just get along it's really simple if you put Black First and ideology 2nd.....if you're not putting Black First you're off code. I'm FBA and I can get along with anyone on the Strength of Being Black everything after that is secondary RESPECT that we fight against the same white supremacy.
    That's what I do . I know the racists out there just want to divide us that's why I view some of these online Twitter groups as causing more problems than helping. Just saying.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    StayingHumble has a point. Not everyone that is FBA is B1. A lot of the most vocal FBA people at least on Twitter are FBA1st and clash with anyone who is about all Black people working together. #STT used to be FBA and tried to turn B1 in FBA1st and it caused a huge splinter in the groups. STT tried to put Tariq and TBA against each other and Tariq had to come out and disown STT. It's messy.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    StayingHumble has a point. Not everyone that is FBA is B1. A lot of the most vocal FBA people at least on Twitter are FBA1st and clash with anyone who is about all Black people working together. #STT used to be FBA and tried to turn B1 in FBA1st and it caused a huge splinter in the groups. STT tried to put Tariq and TBA against each other and Tariq had to come out and disown STT. It's messy.
    Yeah I don't do drama many of us don't and FBA isn't a "group" it's a lineage that's where people get it twisted. Secure the Tribe is a group.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Yeah I don't do drama many of us don't and FBA isn't a "group" it's a lineage that's where people get it twisted. Secure the Tribe is a group.
    If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Seeing these receipts, I didn't realize so many ppl had so much contempt...

I mean, boule?? He's the father of black empowerment, in my opinion ...

I have more studying to do, but peeps tend to take isolated instances, and judge ... somebody can veer off code, but still have a net on-code benefit to the race ..

He was human, yes. We'll all fall short. I don't see any others (individuals) that made the same impact. Even in my most critical times, Garvey will always be a hero to me.