The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Where is health at on your dating radar?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I know a lot of people focus on looks and income, but what about health?

I feel like more people need to focus on the health of who they are getting with cause you don't want your relationship to be cut short due to them dying young or them becoming a mess and you needing to take care of them. It puts a burden on things.

I always pay attention to their diet, drinking habits, etc. because I want to know the person I am with cares enough to take care of themselves.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    I don't think about health as a factor per se but I do always suggest and hint little things to females I'm talking to. I always mention things like "going to the gym" and "cutting back" to signal im somewhat health conscious
    Also, in these times, if you both want to be sexually involved, both should agree on getting tested for STD's.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I don't think about health as a factor per se but I do always suggest and hint little things to females I'm talking to. I always mention things like "going to the gym" and "cutting back" to signal im somewhat health conscious
    I don’t look at internal factors as much as I do external factors. If a woman looks like her hobby is eating I ain’t foolin with her.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    For me, I would prefer a woman who is health conscious but if she isn't and likes to eat food that I would say is unhealthy, she better be and stay in shape. I don't drink much at all unless I have no choice due to protocol, I don't smoke cigs at all and that is a deal breaker. I don't smoke weed but I'm not opposed to it in moderation if she wants to. Obviously not tryna date a weed head smoking every day either.

I have dated one or two sistas who wanted to get tested fairly early and I thought that was very responsible and made me respect them a bit more. I got homies who would see that as a reason not to date believe it or not....lol.

I have worked in countries where you can't get a work visa unless you test negative for all STDs and that helps dating actually. Even though you should still be safe.

Anyway, I try to get in some form of exercise daily. I wouldn't have a problem paying for my girl's gym membership so we can go together.

I have dated a vegan or two and although I do try very hard to eat healthy, one in particular was critical of damn near everything I ate, even if it was technically healthy (low fat or organic this and that). It was too much.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Glad to see people here putting it up there for them in terms of relationships. We often don't think of these things, especially when we are younger. You can be fit and eat like crap but it always catches up! It seems like once you hit 30, that is when the damage sets in. We have to take care of ourselves and I think dating or marrying someone who is unwilling to care for themselves (eat whatever, drug use, expressive drinking, lazy, etc) is a disservice to yourself.

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I have dated one or two sistas who wanted to get tested fairly early and I thought that was very responsible and made me respect them a bit more. I got homies who would see that as a reason not to date believe it or not....lol.
    I dated a sista like that and it didn’t work out but I definitely respected that she made me show my slip before I dip.

Barida

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Native American
    Origin
    USA
    This depends on the goal of the relationship. Is it just friends with benefits or short term relationship? When the relationship is defined and I know that I am getting involved with someone in a longterm relationship, then considering their lifestyle is very important. Knowing their health history is also key as that is one thing that can decide how serious I take the relationship.

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It's apart of my foundation so it should be the same for her as well.

Bad health habits = lack of discipline.

Nobody wants a washed up and out of shape SO earlier than they should be.
    Spot on. If you’re staying in shape and your partner is sitting up getting fat and sloppy you will eventually resent them.

Hence why I tell my lady that getting fat is non-negotiable for me. If she gets fat, I’ll try to work with her but if she keeps it up I’m out.

Heatice

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    I always pay attention to their diet, drinking habits, etc. because I want to know the person I am with cares enough to take care of themselves.
    As much as being financially capable is very necessary in making relationships picks, the person's health is equally very important because I wouldn't like to get into all something that's going to start putting pressure on me in terms health challenges. The lifestyle habit is something that I can't play with because I wouldn't like to be in a relationship I will struggle with someone who's toxic because of his or herself lifestyle.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    As much as being financially capable is very necessary in making relationships picks, the person's health is equally very important because I wouldn't like to get into all something that's going to start putting pressure on me in terms health challenges. The lifestyle habit is something that I can't play with because I wouldn't like to be in a relationship I will struggle with someone who's toxic because of his or herself lifestyle.
    For sure. I mean just imagine you get with someone and 2 years down the road they let themselves go. They gain a bunch of weight. They stop exercising. They end up having health problems. Then you try to help them fix everything and they get mad at you!

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    I know a lot of people focus on looks and income, but what about health?

I feel like more people need to focus on the health of who they are getting with cause you don't want your relationship to be cut short due to them dying young or them becoming a mess and you needing to take care of them. It puts a burden on things.

When I was younger, I focused heavily on looks, health was not a consideration. Now, when I see that she is healthy on the inside, that will show on the outside (healthy mind, good disposition etc)

equis

Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Eating habits say a lot about a person, so that definitely is an important part of the puzzle. Of course she doesn't have to be eating a Dr. Sebi diet, but everyone I've known who's eaten junk food consistently not only ends up with bad heath, but also has a junky mind. You see what you eat.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Eating habits say a lot about a person, so that definitely is an important part of the puzzle. Of course she doesn't have to be eating a Dr. Sebi diet, but everyone I've known who's eaten junk food consistently not only ends up with bad heath, but also has a junky mind. You see what you eat.
    I noticed too that when you are younger, it is harder to spot unhealthiness on the outside but after the age of 25, it really starts to show. Like I see ladies out there looking like models but when they take off the make-up and the hair, you can just tell they are not taking care of themselves. Health is so important when it comes to a long-term partnership and child raising.

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    You take her to get a physical?
    No, I havent taken her to get a physical. Now that you mention it, when I next start getting serious, that will be one of the things that I'll do.
    Good looking out
    Baby Thank You GIF

equis

Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I noticed too that when you are younger, it is harder to spot unhealthiness on the outside but after the age of 25, it really starts to show. Like I see ladies out there looking like models but when they take off the make-up and the hair, you can just tell they are not taking care of themselves. Health is so important when it comes to a long-term partnership and child raising.
    It truly is. The child even being nourished by the mom's diet is something to think about. And the link between diet and the demonstration of self control.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    It truly is. The child even being nourished by the mom's diet is something to think about. And the link between diet and the demonstration of self control.
    This is true too. Imagine a woman eating nothing but fast food and junk snacks while breastfeeding her baby. All that mess is going into her infant now and will likely create addictive issues as the child grows up. They will be addicted to soda, MSG, and sugar.

Finesse

Sixer
    zBucks
    Of course health is a big thing in a relationship. I want my girlfriend to be healthy and happy. I try to be the same, but I'll admit I'm slacking on my own health. I am not too big when it comes to fitness and that side of health, but if I had a partner who also wanted to workout, that would probably help a lot.

Most people don't want to date someone who is in poor health, whether it be weight, drug abuse, poor hygiene, etc. I think that's common sense for the most part. But I wouldn't leave my partner if she ended up gaining weight, or having a few off days. I'm probably worse in some regards to my mental health, so there's that.

Shiminege

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Personally speaking, health has always been at the top of my radar especially while dating. In the past, if I were approached by a man who had not been kind to his body, I was automatically unattracted, yet respectful in expressing my stands on establishing a relationship. It tells me so much about his discipline and drive to sustain his physique. I wasn't looking for a bodybuilder, but I was seeking to be with a man who had the image of being a protector and had a warrior spirit mindset. As a woman who had this subconscious thought, I knew in order to desire for such a man, I had to take care of my physique. Therefore, I made it my business to exercise and rearrange my meals to reinforce healthy habits. I keep that same energy to date being married and having 2 children. I recognize I'm feeding a generation and a man who needs a balanced meal to sustain and nourish them. Family bike rides and bullyjuice youtube sessions are some things that help motivate myself and the fam.

Being in the health industry, I learned earlier on the importance of a woman taking care of her body to ready herself for creating another human being. I'm about that life when it comes to giving my husband and my children the very best of me. It shows them I care about them as well as myself.

Stan Zero

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I think it's safe to say that most people want to date or relationship with someone who is healthy enough. For me, it's not about being the healthiest person around, just healthy enough. I don't want to date someone who is close to death, or I feel could be close to death because of their health.

I like to think I live a healthy lifestyle, but I could do better for sure. Most women I date are fairly healthy. I haven't dated anyone who I thought looked unhealthy. If there is ever a time where my girlfriend gets unhealthy, I will try to help her through it. It's not like I won't help through that process, as I would ask for help if I gained a lot of weight or something, or had other health conditions. Now if someone is sick and isn't trying to fix their situation, I can't do that. I will try to help, but if she doesn't want to get healthy again, then I don't want to be a part of a relationship like that. And I would see that being the same if I were being unhealthy and unwilling to better myself.

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It's an important factor that a lot of people don't think about or consider. As a nurse I definitely think being health conscious is important.

I had a friend that quit dating a girl because she had to many health issues. He just felt like she was too young to have so many health issues and problems.

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose
    Doesn't make sense?! If they are unhealthy why would anyone pursue a romantic relationship when you can find someone healthier?! You essentially become their carer -hardly romantic!

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose
    For me, I would prefer a woman who is health conscious but if she isn't and likes to eat food that I would say is unhealthy, she better be and stay in shape. I don't drink much at all unless I have no choice due to protocol, I don't smoke cigs at all and that is a deal breaker. I don't smoke weed but I'm not opposed to it in moderation if she wants to. Obviously not tryna date a weed head smoking every day either.

I have worked in countries where you can't get a work visa unless you test negative for all STDs and that helps dating actually. Even though you should still be safe.

Anyway, I try to get in some form of exercise daily. I wouldn't have a problem paying for my girl's gym membership so we can go together.

I have dated a vegan or two and although I do try very hard to eat healthy, one in particular was critical of damn near everything I ate, even if it was technically healthy (low fat or organic this and that). It was too much.
    😂😂 dating just shouldn't be hard work!

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose
    It's apart of my foundation so it should be the same for her as well.

Bad health habits = lack of discipline.

Nobody wants a washed up and out of shape SO earlier than they should be.
    Yet you'd be surprised! I've seen some seriously mind boggling incompatible looking couples 😂 Maybe there IS somebody for everybody?!

Baba Lekan

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    Yet you'd be surprised! I've seen some seriously mind boggling incompatible looking couples 😂 Maybe there IS somebody for everybody?!
    There's always an exception lol. If I don't court you, date you, and marry you as an obese woman then you better keep it that way just for your own longterm health let alone my preferences as the husband. Luckily my wife doesn't have that issue but I'd be the plate police in a minute if I had to.

Tati 304

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    There's always an exception lol. If I don't court you, date you, and marry you as an obese woman then you better keep it that way just for your own longterm health let alone my preferences as the husband. Luckily my wife doesn't have that issue but I'd be the plate police in a minute if I had to.
    Plate police cause uprisings Mr. Lekan!

sanaalathanlaugh

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose
    🤣🤣

Danny

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    I've always been a pretty healthy person. I'm not a health fanatic, but I make efforts to maintain my good health. I look for the same effort in my partner so we can combine our good health investment and benefit as a couple.
    That's more like it. Most people don't know that it doesn't take you too much to take care of your health. Just work on what you eat, how you eat and when you eat. If you can workout too, that's perfect. Your health will always be in a good shape.

TeeGee

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    That's true , we pay more attention to looks without bothering much about the state of health of our partner.

Nowadays before marriage the couple is meant to individually present results of various health tests including HIV/AIDS, blood group, genotype and many more, I think everyone should make it a practice to get this results from their partners at a trusted hospital before getting married.