The Streets

Leave your "boujeeness" at the door. Celeb gossip and other debauchery goes down here.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Where "Revolution" will not start.

OG_ShakUr

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I used to think that the street gangs were the "Warrior Class" of Foundational Black Americans. But, when I looked back at uprising that took place where Black People played a major role, it was the working class Black Americans initiated those radical actions. In short, a "revolution" lead by Blacks won't start in the streets; it starts with the dissatisfied Black Workers.
View attachment Tikmate.online_7167139575532506410.mp4

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I grew up around gang members and good amount of them didn’t have a revolutionary mindset. In addition, the bravado a lot of times was just a mask to deflect from insecurity and soft emotional state. Revolutionaries are bold, strong, unafraid, and change agents. I didn’t see a lot of that in the gang members are grew up around. It was a lot of following and going with the flow.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    The street bangers care about themselves first and foremost. A lot of them don't have family and if they do, they seldom care about them. They just looking to move drugs and run streets, making money. That is their family. Black workers are setting foundations, raising families, holding down partners, buying property, starting businesses... this is why when shit hits the fan and things get too bad, they are the ones who make actions happen. They have a lot to lose.

Drakbluud

Senior Sixer
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I’m no expert on gang culture— but from my perspective, they’ve been infected by MSM foolery and buffoonery. It seems like they also got infected by latino gang culture starting in California. But all of you are spot on in what you say above— the worker class are the real revolutionaries.

And that particular area is an inroad towards black/white unity… one of the establocratic pedomafia’s worst fears.

Bruh Man

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I’m no expert on gang culture— but from my perspective, they’ve been infected by MSM foolery and buffoonery. It seems like they also got infected by latino gang culture starting in California. But all of you are spot on in what you say above— the worker class are the real revolutionaries.

And that particular area is an inroad towards black/white unity… one of the establocratic pedomafia’s worst fears.
    Have you ever lived in CA to say that?

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    There was a gang code that you left 'squares' and the people trying to study and get their education alone. They were 'civilians'. Some hoods the OGs had a code. It was a case by case thing in the greater LA area. Some sets wanted to see the people make it out and some let you slide into their ish.

It all depends. Some youngsters grew up with moms ratchet, on drugs, on alcohol whatever and it was pretty much destined they were going to be 'raised' by the set. The local gang was the family they never had at home. And then there were some kids who were athletes for example. Great football or basketball players the homies wanted to see make it to USC or UCLA or wherever and they looked out for them. In some cases, everyone looked out. You could have a guy who was a 5 star recruit for Crenshaw HS, Dominquez or whatever, and his area was Bloods. He didn't gangbang, and Crips would give him a pass because he was a 'civilian' and they wanted to see an LA area guy make it to a major division 1 b-ball team and go to the pros. That could happen in some cases.

During the '92 riots after the Rodney King verdict, the hood turned up. And they turned up for the right reasons. The Proud Boys tried to march on Maxine Waters office in south Central a couple years ago. The hood, the gangbangers ran them out. So, we can't say they have never done something for the community.

It's all case by case, but generally, you are right. Also, every time black LA gangs tried to have a peace treaty the cops tried to end it. There was a huge peace treaty after the '92 riots that ex football player Jim Brown put together. Unprecedented. The cops did everything they could to end it.

"You motherf*ckers need to gangbang them books instead of tryna be something you ain't"

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    This is my guess on what will happen to the street gangs if/when (I'm gonna with a big WHEN) the movement grows organically, culturally in all areas of black life.

The street gangs will stop fighting each other as much, and may end up be the last key to reparations.

What scares white supremacy is if we turn up. The more reparations become a reality the black gangs will look at it as 1. they can get money since they are mostly FBAs and 2. they are more likely to demand it 'or else' and we know what the 'or else' is.

What white people don't want to say about the Civil Rights movement was that it was moving from the 'lets take this ass whooping' to 'lets turn up'. Deacons for Defense in the south, mainly Georgia was about that life. Former WW2 and Korean war vets mostly and later early Vietnam vets were doing the 'wait and ambush' on Klan members who came to burn crosses on the blacks who were speaking out. And a few of them dead bodies were local police and its hard to explain away a dead cop in a hood on a black person's property. Tough to railroad that into anything else than what it is. Can't spin that. Up north, you had Black Panthers in the west and Chicago and the NOI in Chicago and to the east coast. The movement was moving to more violent and that among other factors made the government cut a deal at that time than let it escalate.

Same will happen again I think. You have 100s of 1000s of black street gang members with guns and no issues using them since they have been using on each other for decades. And you will have a few Micah Johnsons out there. There are 10s of 1000s of blacks who were in Iraq and Afghanistan who know military tactics and again, have no issues using a gun.

It will be very, very hard for the government to use the national guard, etc when Blacks make up a fair number of them and can they trust all the blacks to turn on their own community? Same with local police and those same black cops gotta go back hom to the same black community?

We got a hint of what street gangs will do when the Proud Boys ran the f*ck outta south Central when they tried to turn up at Maxine Waters' south Central headquarters even with police help they had. Le that sink in. The Proud Boys and Oathkeepers were working in conjunction with the cops. A large number of Oath Keepers are cops and they were scared AF. Not only that, the local Mexican gangs such as Florence 13 (LA cats know who I'm talking about) also were cool with the local Black gangs turning up. They are allied with whites in state prison but on the street its a different matter with the Proud Boys.

I think the black gangs will get on code. Not to the same extent we are. It's not going to be kumbayah between Hoover Gangsters and Eight Tray Crips or the Gangster Disciples and Black P Stones or Black Disciples because they got generational beefs and its tough to call someone a brother when your cousin, brother or best friend was killed by an op but they will see the 'greater enemy' I think.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I grew up around gang members and good amount of them didn’t have a revolutionary mindset. In addition, the bravado a lot of times was just a mask to deflect from insecurity and soft emotional state. Revolutionaries are bold, strong, unafraid, and change agents. I didn’t see a lot of that in the gang members are grew up around. It was a lot of following and going with the flow.
    Just curious which sets you grew up around.

(For those non Cali folks, you can know where someone lived by what gangs they grew up around....lol. If some one said they grew up with some Insanes, you knew they grew up in roughly central Long Beach or Grape Street, they grew up in Watts. )

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Just curious which sets you grew up around.

(For those non Cali folks, you can know where someone lived by what gangs they grew up around....lol. If some one said they grew up with some Insanes, you knew they grew up in roughly central Long Beach or Grape Street, they grew up in Watts. )
    Insane Crips.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Insane Crips.
    Ok, you from the LBC. My first apartment was literally on Queen St. Inglewood, name of one of QSB, Queen Street Bloods. I was 22. The only reason I didn't get checked that I later on found out is because they always saw me in a suit (my first job) they thought I was Jehovah's Witness.

My first GFs brother was Rollin' 20s bloods near USC. As you may know there are Rollin' 20s Crips in Long Beach (Snoop Dogg's old neighborhood). Her brother taught me everything about all the areas, sets. He said 'If you gonna be driving my sister around you need to know where you can and can't go and why' We spent a day driving EVERYWHERE. And half the time he had to stay low in the seat so no one can see him. haha....east side, 'Bompton', Watts, etc. The Long Beach sets I found out by dating a girl in LB.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Ok, you from the LBC. My first apartment was literally on Queen St. Inglewood, name of one of QSB, Queen Street Bloods. I was 22. The only reason I didn't get checked that I later on found out is because they always saw me in a suit (my first job) they thought I was Jehovah's Witness.

My first GFs brother was Rollin' 20s bloods near USC. As you may know there are Rollin' 20s Crips in Long Beach (Snoop Dogg's old neighborhood). Her brother taught me everything about all the areas, sets. He said 'If you gonna be driving my sister around you need to know where you can and can't go and why' We spent a day driving EVERYWHERE. And half the time he had to stay low in the seat so no one can see him. haha....east side, 'Bompton', Watts, etc. The Long Beach sets I found out by dating a girl in LB.[
    Yeah in LA you have to be much more careful than in Long Beach, IMO. We didn’t have any Blood sets so it was basically:
    • Don’t wear Steelers in an Insane neighborhood
    • Don’t wear Raiders in a 20’s neighborhood
    • Then there were smaller gangs like 1-9 (19th Street), Babies, Dawgz, etc that either was under the big 2 or basically rogue. You just had to be smart and not wear anything that could be taken as gang attire in their hoods.
    Much more simpler. In LA you have so many Crips and Bloods sets then you got Hoovers and they all be right next to each other.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Long Beach and Inglewood are the only 2 cities that are either all crips/crip related (Long Beach) or all bloods (Inglewood - QSB, Crenshaw Mafia and Inglewood Family). Just my nerd factoid for the day.

Another factoid. Snoop Dogg and Cameron Diaz were classmates at Long Beach Poly HS.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Jay, although you from Insane Crips neighborhood, since you 000000 I'll tell the homies to give you a pass if you roll through the 'wood. shannoncigar

PS: I'm on here bangin', knowing good and well, I'm as unaffiliated as they come...LOLOLOL
    You gotta get me a pass to go to Whole Foods and get some Kraftwork Coffee?

D

Deleted member 1946

I used to think that the street gangs were the "Warrior Class" of Foundational Black Americans. But, when I looked back at uprising that took place where Black People played a major role, it was the working class Black Americans initiated those radical actions. In short, a "revolution" lead by Blacks won't start in the streets; it starts with the dissatisfied Black Workers.
    View attachment 5857
    I think a portion of the street gang members are on the side of this wicked system. Why? Because if the government really wanted to completely shut down all the Black street gangs, they would do them just like they did the original Black Panther party. Yes, they put some of them in jail to make it look like they are being tough on crime. They need the gangs to exist.

I think it is very reasonable for it to start with the Black workers. It makes sense. When workers get fed up, things change.

D

Deleted member 1946

I am not surprised they didn't have a revolutionary mindset. I am sure all they could think of was getting a "lick." I have seen so many gang members fight, and I was surprised that so many could not (very weak, windmilling or swinging like a girl) which is why they often shoot instead of agreeing to fist fight one-on-one.

D

Deleted member 1946

The street bangers care about themselves first and foremost. A lot of them don't have family and if they do, they seldom care about them. They just looking to move drugs and run streets, making money. That is their family. Black workers are setting foundations, raising families, holding down partners, buying property, starting businesses... this is why when shit hits the fan and things get too bad, they are the ones who make actions happen. They have a lot to lose.
    You gave a great synopsis of how things are. I definitely don't think street bangers care about others. Many don't stop until they end up in jail. Very few get a lick, get scared of going to jail, put that money toward something legit and stop street banging.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    You gave a great synopsis of how things are. I definitely don't think street bangers care about others. Many don't stop until they end up in jail. Very few get a lick, get scared of going to jail, put that money toward something legit and stop street banging.
    There was a story of some dude who was in and out prison for years until he learned the stock market and he stuck with it and made something for himself. I think the prison system is set up to keep men, especially black men, stuck in the same cycle. I have seen men go to prison for minor things and end up hard criminals because of it.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    It was LA gangs who turned up when white supremacy tried the okey doke on the '92 Rodney King riots. The gangs stopped banging on each other and started turning up.

A few years ago, the Oathkeepers tried to protest in front of Maxine Waters' office in south Central LA. It was the local gangs that ran them out. Even the cops couldn't help them. Anyone white that didn't have a Fed Ex, DHL or whatever uniform, basically had business there was ran the f*ck out. The media spun it. But it was known local gangs roamed the streets looking for any white boys.

Another white group tried to sneak a protest middle of the night in Philly. There wasn't even many brothers there and they got shook. Brothers were telling them come over here, far more white boys, but they got shook from neighborhood brothers.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I would love to have time data on what percentage of gang members are FATHERLESS and what percentage of the non- gang warriors are🤓.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I agree. Can you give a possible scenario in which this could happen?
    Many of the Nation of Islam members in various cities are former gang members who have gone to jail and converted there.

Prison has either broken or made people. Some gang bangers come out as very tough, resilient members of society. I've seen it first hand with people I grew up with.

I think the problem we have today is gang injunctions that have left most gangs without OGs who offer a code of conduct (no harm to civilians) and leadership. You can see it in the generations. There were certain things that OGs didn't do that the young uns do today because they are wildin' with no leadership in many cases.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    There are studies that have confirmed that not only blacks but in all races in prison, there was either no father, absentee father or abusive father (that's common for white prisoners). A very common thing is the gang raising the young black male. The OG is the only real father figure and the only real adult person who "looked out" for him. There is no other black male example in is life, no father, no black male teacher, no black coach, no black pastor, none. Or at best very little contact.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Up through the 60s, early 70s there were white street gangs similar to the black gangs, GDs, Crips, Bloods, etc. today. Large ones. Italians, Irish, Jewish, even Germans had their own. Very prevalent. You know how they ended? Jobs. Specifically well paying union jobs, factories, city unions controlled by their own people (Irish, Italian), Teamsters, AFL-CIO, United Auto Workers, etc. That's what ended white gangs.

The same can end Black gangs. White folks don't want to do that and we have Black politicians who have sold out. Almost all the great paying union jobs ended as blacks needed them in the '70s and those jobs are in China and Mexico among white areas in America.

Also, whenever Blacks tried to end gang wars, the local police and or the FBI sabotaged it. LA had a major gang truce after the '92 riots. Good right? The cops stopped it by manufacturing beefs.

There are also too many success stories of ex gang members doing big things to write them all off as a collective. There is no structure in place to give the masses of gang members a road out.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Up through the 60s, early 70s there were white street gangs similar to the black gangs, GDs, Crips, Bloods, etc. today. Large ones. Italians, Irish, Jewish, even Germans had their own. Very prevalent. You know how they ended? Jobs. Specifically well paying union jobs, factories, city unions controlled by their own people (Irish, Italian), Teamsters, AFL-CIO, United Auto Workers, etc. That's what ended white gangs.

The same can end Black gangs. White folks don't want to do that and we have Black politicians who have sold out. Almost all the great paying union jobs ended as blacks needed them in the '70s and those jobs are in China and Mexico among white areas in America.

Also, whenever Blacks tried to end gang wars, the local police and or the FBI sabotaged it. LA had a major gang truce after the '92 riots. Good right? The cops stopped it by manufacturing beefs.

There are also too many success stories of ex gang members doing big things to write them all off as a collective. There is no structure in place to give the masses of gang members a road out.
    I hear you, but I think that's a cop out. Do we need a "STRUCTURE" to stop doing Evil?

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I hear you, but I think that's a cop out. Do we need a "STRUCTURE" to stop doing Evil?
    Its an explanation not an excuse. I wholeheartedly think we need structure. It's the one thing we are lacking in the community. The fact is gangs are a function of poverty. The extent of our poverty is a function of systemic and endemic racism. That's a fact. And its not unique to blacks that's why I named other groups.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I think you make a good point. It would start with dissatisfied working class people that are looking for change because they have taken too much abuse and get hopeless.
    I can't think of any other thing in the black community that can change thins other than the current black empowerment mindset that we all have on here. The black church, black politicians, entertainers, athletes, news pundits (Joy Reid, etc) , existing national organizations (NAACP, Urban League), existing pro black organizations (Nation of Islam), either are infiltrated, co-opted, effectively canceled (NOI) or whatever.
    The only thing left that I can see that is effective is us, B1, black empowerment, etc. It's the only one growing. Its the only one that is effecting change. It's the only hope that I can see so far in the here and now.

You can't gang bang and be B1. If some GD, Crip or Blood member is talking B1, he looks like a hypocrite. Either he has to leave or change his gang to fit B1.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Its an explanation not an excuse. I wholeheartedly think we need structure. It's the one thing we are lacking in the community. The fact is gangs are a function of poverty. The extent of our poverty is a function of systemic and endemic racism. That's a fact. And its not unique to blacks that's why I named other groups.
    I think I misunderstood what you meant by "structure?" So, what exactly do you mean?