Movies and TV

Where TV and Film lovers go to talk about their favorite programming.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Which Streaming Service Is Best To Replace Cable?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    The cable company my parents got is upping their prices again and plan to move to streaming anyways but the price is only going to keep going up on them. They don't know much about the options they have out there. I was looking into some. There is Sling, Fubo, YouTube TV, Hulu TV, Direct TV, Philo, and there were a few others I can't remember right now.

Does anyone use any of these? Which is best?

My mom likes watching her dramas, made for TV movies, DIY stuff, etc. and my dad mainly watches news and sports.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I have YouTube TV. Had it for a years. My wife mainly watches it sense Im not big on watching TV. She likes home improvement, cooking channels, and house wife's stuff.

It's not bad. If you're use to traditional cable, it reminds you of that.
    Does it have sports stuff? Like for local games and whatever? My dad watches most sports related things. I am having trouble finding something with both.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    It has league pass access for sport leagues.

If I remember correctly, you watch sport games for free on the normal channels, but for local teams there may be a black out for those games.
    Why the heck did they change this? I remember growing up and local games always came free with whatever. I mean they even showed them when you didn't have access to cable. Sports must be losing money or something.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Or you can purchase a stream box for and pay a $40 fee per month......and get all channels 😉 it will also depend on how many TVs they have in the home YTV has a 3 screen limit unless you pay extra for unlimited viewing add $9.99 for that...(2 screen limit away from home) I think most services have a 2 or 3 screen limit. I have YTV by the way but I use other streaming apps for shows and movies that are free but you need to be a techie to deal with those apps.....if it was just me I wouldn't pay a cent for TV.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Absolute cheapest route is to get a good updated antenna and a firestick or other streaming device the new updated ATS3.0 digital format will allow you to pick up 60+ channels depending on your area free of charge. You'll only pay for the streaming device ,antenna and whatever monthly fee you decide on streaming apps...$4.99 - $75.00 monthly........ one cool thing about YTV is the family sharing feature you can share your account with 5 family members and they set up their own individual accounts......good luck!

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Thanks ZxBro I will look into all this and see what the best option is for my parents. I will see what they think. I know they will be happier away from cable cause the price is just too damn high these days. I know they are getting phased out cause streaming prices have increased in recent years.