Politics, Current Events, and Serious Discussion

Stats

Category
News and Politics
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

While The YouTubers Are Telling You To Forfeit Your Political Power, White Folks Are Engaging With Candidates And Gearing Up To Cast Their Ballots

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
Super Moderator
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Showing up, asking questions, making demands, and engaging is what we should be doing, not dropping out of the political process.
Notice they never tell white folks (or any other race) not to vote? That's mighty suspicious.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Local elections Matter. City Council, Mayor, School Board etc.....by the time you get to the State and Federal level these politicians are already bought and paid for puppets. These are just facts control what you can at the local level.....and hold those people accountable.
    #NoBlackAgendaNoVote

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Local elections Matter. City Council, Mayor, School Board etc.....by the time you get to the State and Federal level these politicians are already bought and paid for puppets. These are just facts control what you can at the local level.....and hold those people accountable.
    #NoBlackAgendaNoVote
    Local elections are extremely important, and we need to participate in them. Unfortunately, the message that goes out from YouTube is that Black people shouldn't vote at all. Our people are told that if we don't participate in the political process then both parties will be so desperate to regain the coveted Black vote that they'll just start showering us with tangibles in hopes that we start voting again. And, unfortunately *some* of our people fall for that BS that the YouTubers are paid to push, even though there isn't a single historical example of any group using not voting as a successful strategy. It's stupid and it won't work in our favor.

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Local elections are extremely important, and we need to participate in them. Unfortunately, the message that goes out from YouTube is that Black people shouldn't vote at all. Our people are told that if we don't participate in the political process then both parties will be so desperate to regain the coveted Black vote that they'll just start showering us with tangibles in hopes that we start voting again. And, unfortunately *some* of our people fall for that BS that the YouTubers are paid to push, even though there isn't a single historical example of any group using not voting as a successful strategy. It's stupid and it won't work in our favor.
    I hope that's not the message ppl are getting (I agree , the message is ambiguous though) ...

To me, the message is 'change party affiliation, and look to the independents) ...

I love that Yello Pain song about voting (edutainment at it's finest) ... In it, he articulates who we should be really focusing on ... Yes, local elections and Congress...

There is a lot of misplaced energy ... The President can't pass anything meaningful to blacks without Congress buy-in , ...

The local elections are extremely important, exactly ...

The Presidential is good as well, but that person will only be a figurehead ... Whoever you vote for, we need to concentrate on what comes after the election.... The election is just one day ... What happens for the other 364 ...

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I hope that's not the message ppl are getting (I agree , the message is ambiguous though) ...

To me, the message is 'change party affiliation, and look to the independents) ...

I love that Yello Pain song about voting (edutainment at it's finest) ... In it, he articulates who we should be really focusing on ... Yes, local elections and Congress...

There is a lot of misplaced energy ... The President can't pass anything meaningful to blacks without Congress buy-in , ...

The local elections are extremely important, exactly ...

The Presidential is good as well, but that person will only be a figurehead ... Whoever you vote for, we need to concentrate on what comes after the election.... The election is just one day ... What happens for the other 364 ...
    Bruh, our people are specifically being told to not vote so we can punish the Democrats (it makes you wonder who's paying the YouTubers to spread that message).
    I don't care who Black people vote for, I just want us to be engaged in the political process. Vote Democrat, vote Republican. It doesn't matter, just make sure you vote so that we can have somebody in office that answers to us! We shouldn't be the only group that willingly gives up our political weaponry, I don't want to see.us go out like that.

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Who is saying not to vote? Everyone I've listened to have said to vote locally or run or find someone who represents the Black agenda. I'm all for voting, but if they don't support a Black agenda, then what am I voting for? I would run myself if I hadn't done so much dirt in my 20's.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Who is saying not to vote? Everyone I've listened to have said to vote locally or run or find someone who represents the Black agenda. I'm all for voting, but if they don't support a Black agenda, then what am I voting for? I would run myself if I hadn't done so much dirt in my 20's.
    Quite a few YouTubers were pushing that no vote line: Tariq Nasheed, Phil Scott (Phil just remixes Tariq's content, but I'll include him anyway), Hassan Campbell, and a bunch of other folks with a webcam & no political expertise.
    Here's an example:

As far.as you running for office, you should remember that there are plenty of politicians with dirt in their pasts. As a matter of fact, Donald Trump has a recent arrest & is facing charged currently, but he's the Republican frontrunner. Don't let your past stop you.
    If you have a platform, then run!

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I would encourage as many of us with a heart to do so, make that move ... Dirt, .. it can be overlooked ... Nobody is perfect ..

If you have a black agenda, ppl checkin for you!

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Look at them independents (The only ones I've seen with a real reparations agenda), local elections matter most, build up our economic infrastructure and agenda ... Focus on what happens after the Executive Branch elections!

Nobody coming to save us, we have to look out for us! (Kujichagulia)

We all we got ✊🏾

Last edited:

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I would encourage as many of us with a heart to do so, make that move ... Dirt, .. it can be overlooked ... Nobody is perfect ..

If you have a black agenda, ppl checkin for you!
    Shawn Wayans Message GIF

D

Deleted member 1946

Look at them independents (The only ones I've seen with a real reparations agenda), local elections matter most, build up our economic infrastructure and agenda ... Focus on what happens after the Executive Branch elections!

Nobody coming to save us, we have to look out for us! (Kujichagulia)

We all we got ✊🏾

Makes sense. I love 3rd party more than dems and repubs.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I need something to vote for.
    You have streets that need repair in your neighborhood, don't you? Don't you want to have as nice of a hospital as the one in Jackson? When you become a parent, don't you want someone with your values on the school board? Do you like your county sheriff? How about your county judges?
    I could keep going, especially with all of the elected positions in my second home of Mississippi, but all of the people who do the jobs that I mentioned are voted into office.
    If you still say that you have nothing to vote for, then either you're just trying to sound cool or you're severely uninformed (that's not a diss, they want you to be uninformed). As long as you live on these United States, you will ALWAYS have something to vote for, on some level.

D

Deleted member 1946

I'm not voting if none of the candidates give me a reason to.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm not voting if none of the candidates give me a reason to.
    That's your right. If the condition of your community doesn't matter to you, then go ahead and keep letting the white folks in charge decide everything for you. Maybe doung nothing and then complaining on the internet is a better strategy after all.
    Give Up Whatever GIF by Bounce