The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

White People, picnics & Black death

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
Community Host
Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    White People, Picnics, And The True Connection To Black Death Contrary to popular belief, the word “picnic” doesn’t come from the phrase “picking a n****r to lynch.” However, there IS an association between picnics and white violence – and it’s just as troublesome and messed up as you may fear. Content Warning: The following story contains graphic imagery displaying anti-Black violence that some may find triggering or disturbing.

Attachments

293BD7AC-3268-44F9-BD76-C950370218B2.jpeg

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If you're lucky enough you should know this history before you're 18th birthday. Be prepared to face this world with the clear understanding of who your true enemies are. My parents are baby boomers, and never taught me any of our history. It's disappointing too because my dad's side of the family is from all over California, mainly Los Angeles and Oakland, they were there during the watts riots, during the Black Panther movement, but never taught us shit.
    My mom is one of those Bible thumpers, my dad was just one of your typical hard, "don't fck around and find out" nixxas

I talk to my kid's, nephews nieces about white supremacy and how to navigate this bullshit.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If you're lucky enough you should know this history before you're 18th birthday. Be prepared to face this world with the clear understanding of who your true enemies are. My parents are baby boomers, and never taught me any of our history. It's disappointing too because my dad's side of the family is from all over California, mainly Los Angeles and Oakland, they were there during the watts riots, during the Black Panther movement, but never taught us shit.
    My mom is one of those Bible thumpers, my dad was just one of your typical hard, "don't fck around and find out" nixxas

I talk to my kid's, nephews nieces about white supremacy and how to navigate this bullshit.
    I'm just learning that a lot of my ancestors in the 1800s and 1900s had children and even moved away from their hometowns, yet they never told their children about things such as their family and who their ancestors are, what they, their family and their ancestors went through, where they come from and their life stories. And don't get me started on the possible secrets and family secrets. I suspect that my ancestors have gone through so much extreme racism, domestic terrorism and brutal violence due to being Black, childhood nightmares, and unsettling traumatic situations to where many of them refused to let their own children know about any of it in order to "protect them." I think that might have done more harm than good to be honest.

HeffDawg

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I'm just learning that a lot of my ancestors in the 1800s and 1900s had children and even moved away from their hometowns, yet they never told their children about things such as their family and who their ancestors are, what they, their family and their ancestors went through, where they come from and their life stories. And don't get me started on the possible secrets and family secrets. I suspect that my ancestors have gone through so much extreme racism, domestic terrorism and brutal violence due to being Black, childhood nightmares, and unsettling traumatic situations to where many of them refused to let their own children know about any of it in order to "protect them." I think that might have done more harm than good to be honest.
    We all did. That's why some of the older generations are so silent because they have PTSD. Some of them have seen so much evil, chaos, destruction, non-stop psychological assault that it has hardened them. I saw it in my grandpa, he was so hard and it was because he grew up in a society that was always attacking him in every way it could.