The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Who gets to Create Black Pop Culture?

Mastamind

Master Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Africa

I don't want to copy and paste this because it's a long article, but I highly suggest you read this.

Bruh Man

Senior Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Nigga can we get some cliff notes?

Confused Kid Cudi GIF by Apple Music

Mastamind

Master Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Africa
The central theme of the article is that most of the curators are ivy league educated people that have little to zero connection to poor black communities, whether they are white or black, so a lot of their content comes off as fabricated if not corny. There are more topics as well but I'm going off of memory.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The central theme of the article is that most of the curators are ivy league educated people that have little to zero connection to poor black communities, whether they are white or black, so a lot of their content comes off as fabricated if not corny. There are more topics as well but I'm going off of memory.
    That's them blavity niggas but I don't think they make up all the content creators.

eclipsed

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    It is hard to start at the bottom for anyone but it is made hardest for black folks by far. So I get that aspect of the message but at the same time, what do you expect? People who have their lives together are more trusted in our society and money helps. You have to be educated to some degree as well. We have to work harder to make it. It shouldn't be that way but it is how it is right now.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    I don't understand why he expects a bookstore shelf to be filled with works from poor black people with no education. Are there a lot of bestsellers from poor people with no education in other groups? Do the middle and upper classes not drive the culture of other groups?
    Great point. It's one of those stories that create an issue out of a non-issue or a macro issue.

"BLACK AMERICAN'S SAVINGS IS AT ALL TIME LOW"

While neglected that all of American's savings is at an all time low.

Deluge

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Great point. It's one of those stories that create an issue out of a non-issue or a macro issue.

"BLACK AMERICAN'S SAVINGS IS AT ALL TIME LOW"

While neglected that all of American's savings is at an all time low.
    Just looked it up. median US savings are $5000. rkellyfear And that was before corona. Whats going on?
    I remember reading in an article that Japanese household median savings is $150k which is why blackmail and extortion is a very lucrative business there.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Just looked it up. median US savings are $5000. rkellyfear And that was before corona. Whats going on?
    I remember reading in an article that Japanese household median savings is $150k which is why blackmail and extortion is a very lucrative business there.
    Yes, we actually saw a spike because of the stimulus, in the next 3 years we should see if dip back down again.