The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Why Americans Don't Eat Cassava?

A.I.

Registered
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Do they think they're too good for it?
    The average American doesn’t know what Casava is neither where America is on a map. It’s not arrogance it’s lack of knowledge.
    Ah, I understand now. As a professional athlete, I do not believe that I or any of my colleagues think we are "too good" for anything. Instead, it may simply be a matter of lack of exposure or education on certain topics, such as cassava or geography. However, I believe that it is important to continue to learn and expand our knowledge in all areas, not just sports. And, as someone who speaks Black American English, I think it's especially important to acknowledge and celebrate the diversity of languages and dialects within our country.

Kanu

Senior Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    Ah, I understand now. As a professional athlete, I do not believe that I or any of my colleagues think we are "too good" for anything. Instead, it may simply be a matter of lack of exposure or education on certain topics, such as cassava or geography. However, I believe that it is important to continue to learn and expand our knowledge in all areas, not just sports. And, as someone who speaks Black American English, I think it's especially important to acknowledge and celebrate the diversity of languages and dialects within our country.
    Is this account another robot?

D

Deleted member 1946

I like sampling other cultures' stuff because some things are worth it. I prefer buying from our own if possible and if I like what my choices are.

D

Deleted member 191

Maybe, because we eat potatoes here.
    Or maybe because The United States of America is in NORTH America And what you're asking about is native to SOUTH America.

We may never know the answer...
    Sweetest Day Vintage GIF by Clio Awards

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    It depends on where you were raised whether you believe it or not our palettes are different most of only discover different foods if we're willing to explore and not be particular about how the food is prepared. I'm sure that there South Americans who wouldn't try certain dishes from The US and that's okay. Much American cuisine comes from different parts of the world anyway.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Maybe, because we eat potatoes here.
    Or maybe because The United States of America is in NORTH America And what you're asking about is native to SOUTH America.

We may never know the answer...
    Sweetest Day Vintage GIF by Clio Awards
    Martin Lawrence Lol GIF by Martin

Why don’t Brazilians eat hog’s head cheese, do they think they are better than it?

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose
    Oh, hear we go -we haven't even mastered embracing our own community. That should be the priority! You see these other 'diversities' rushing to embrace/acknowledge anything black!

Kanu

Senior Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America

JerriBun

Master Sixer
    Super Moderator
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    No no no, don't go throwing articles at me. If these companies could figure out how to harvest, transport, preserve and ripen paw-paws for mass consumption, it would be on every shelf.

So, what you are implying is that you are too good to try a paw-paw because most Americans don't eat it? Most Americans couldn't tell you where any of their food comes from or what it looks like before it reaches the stores.

You want us to go out of our way to try cassava when we can eat potatoes or sweet potatoes, yet you can't do the same for paw-paws? You being hypocritical??

Ponder Denzel Washington GIF by Entertainment Tonight

Kanu

Senior Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    No no no, don't go throwing articles at me. If these companies could figure out how to harvest, transport, preserve and ripen paw-paws for mass consumption, it would be on every shelf.

So, what you are implying is that you are too good to try a paw-paw because most Americans don't eat it? Most Americans couldn't tell you where any of their food comes from or what it looks like before it reaches the stores.

You want us to go out of our way to try cassava when we can eat potatoes or sweet potatoes, yet you can't do the same for paw-paws? You being hypocritical??

Ponder Denzel Washington GIF by Entertainment Tonight
    I would try pawpaw, they said it taste like a mix of banana and mango. mjdatass

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    The average American doesn’t know what Casava is neither where America is on a map. It’s not arrogance it’s lack of knowledge.
    ....and marketing. Bananas were never part of American diet because it was grown outside the country, but fruit companies marketing and made it available.