The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Why some people say the bible condone slavery?

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
Community Host
Tither
App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I heard some black people saying white people used the bible to justify the transatlantic slave trade. That makes no sense i mean have you ever read the bible? randomdudeconfused

Hope you have a nice day :)
    They did use the bible. Prior to slavery there was no such thing as an African Christian(worship of a white man), they created the African Christian through slavery.

Kanu

Senior Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    The Bible is VERY clear on slavery, in more than 3 places: PLEASE NOTE THE VERSION: No matter how you CLEAN it, the Bible was assembled for ONE REASON: GLOBAL CONTROL, starting with US.
    What Ephesians 6:5 have to do with "white people" slaving "negroes"? Let's take quotes from the bible then:

Exodus 21:16
    And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What Ephesians 6:5 have to do with "white people" slaving "negroes"? Let's take quotes from the bible then:

And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death.
    "white people" used that book to justify what they were doing to black people. It's not hard to understand this.

Kanu

Senior Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    They did use the bible. Prior to slavery there was no such thing as an African Christian(worship of a white man), they created the African Christian through slavery.
    Of course there was no African Christian, the concept of "Africa" didn't exist back then. If you want to argue that christianity as an organized religion is white/racist i agree 100%.

Kanu

Senior Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    "white people" used that book to justify what they were doing to black people. It's not hard to understand this.
    You're right, they did. But it was only because black people at that time were not allowed to read, if they did they wouldn't have complied with the narrative.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os9MrX2lbPA

TheHarmattan

*nix Master
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This isn't a hard subject to understand. It takes a lot of reading and understanding the text. When I hear someone talk about computers and the stuff they are saying doesn't make sense, I get a strange feeling and I wonder about their motives for saying what they are saying. I'm getting that feeling right now.
    😂👌

Kanu

Senior Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This isn't a hard subject to understand. It takes a lot of reading and understanding the text. When I hear someone talk about computers and the stuff they are saying doesn't make sense, I get a strange feeling and I wonder about their motives for saying what they are saying. I'm getting that feeling right now.
    😂👌
    BRUH?

This is about looking for GOD and finding RELIGION.

Deneyce

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Because most Bible reading Black folks are reading from a white supremacists brain washing mind set. Intelligent Black people with a basic reading comprehension know GOD did not ordain or approve of slavery. And in the words of the Bible and I quote "In all of your getting get an understanding. "

TheHarmattan

*nix Master
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    BRUH?

This is about looking for GOD and finding RELIGION.
    Did you even read my post. Before you jump up like the mayor's wife, you should actually read the post. Read it out loud if you want, but don't FAIL to read. I think you read two lines and your ADHD kicked in and you screwed the pooch. Read.

usher laugh

Kanu

Senior Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    Because most Bible reading Black folks are reading from a white supremacists brain washing mind set. Intelligent Black people with a basic reading comprehension know GOD did not ordain or approve of slavery. And in the words of the Bible and I quote "In all of your getting get an understanding. "
    Real, people lack reading comprehension. And it doesn't help many people don't even read the whole book.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Did you even read my post. Before you jump up like the mayor's wife, you should actually read the post. Read it out loud if you want, but don't FAIL to read. I think you read two lines and your ADHD kicked in and you screwed the pooch. Read.

usher laugh
    I READ IT.

QUESTION: YOU EVER BEEN TO ANY COUNTRY IN AFRICA OR THE MIDDLE EAST....

TheHarmattan

*nix Master
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I READ IT.

QUESTION: YOU EVER BEEN TO ANY COUNTRY IN AFRICA OR THE MIDDLE EAST....
    If you read it, how on Earth did you come to your conclusion that this was about God and Religion?🤔 That's next to impossible.

Yes, I have been to countries in Africa and the Middle East.
    South Africa, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Bahrain, Djibouti and Ethiopia.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    WAIT....

I THINK we might agree here, and I put this in the wrong spot, or you don't git my MEANIN'...

In order to have a question about slavery being in a bible emuf to queestion it points to a belief in its validity and an ignorance of its origin....

A mental place you can only arrive at when you go looking for God and find Religion.

MOST of these people?

NO PASSPORTS.

TheHarmattan

*nix Master
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    WAIT....

I THINK we might agree here, and I put this in the wrong spot, or you don't git my MEANIN'...

In order to have a question about slavery being in a bible emuf to queestion it points to a belief in its validity and an ignorance of its origin....

A mental place you can only arrive at when you go looking for God and find Religion.

MOST of these people?

NO PASSPORTS.
    View: https://youtu.be/3s5xsVHOJQs?t=86

That's all I got.
    Get off the drugs, kid

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    You're right, they did. But it was only because black people at that time were not allowed to read, if they did they wouldn't have complied with the narrative.
    What was the big deal about reading and education anyway.We orally passed traditions and beliefs. We just couldnt read that bs they was trying to PUSH.