Movies and TV

Where TV and Film lovers go to talk about their favorite programming.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Will House of the Dragon end bad just like GoT?

Stan Zero

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Game of Thrones ended on a underwhelming note, and it has forever tainted the series. The first 4-5 seasons were solid, great storytelling, but then things got lost pretty fast with the final set of seasons. Just the last couple seasons alone, felt like they were rushing everything. And the way they ended it was awful! I think the majority of fans feel the same way.

And now with House of the Dragon getting rave reviews as of late, makes me wonder how long they can keep that momentum. I feel like at some point, this crew is going to end up going down the same path, resulting in a mediocre ending. But I hope that's not the case, since they should have all the important story arcs from George R. R. Martin. So it shouldn't be a case of them having to invest a story up to finish it like with how GoT ended.

Anyway, I have yet to watch the show, but I'm going to binge it one of these weekends. I hear it's great and I can't wait to see how good it is. But I don't know if want to get invested in another show that could potentially end badly.

Maxwell

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
From everything I have heard so far from spoilers and the book Fire and Ice, the story of House of Targaryen isn't one with happy ending.

The dance of the dragons will start from season 2 and any wars involving dragons ends up with massive fire and destruction.

It won't end well.