Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Windows 11, anyone upgrading to it?

Real One

Sixer
zBucks
Windows 11 is dropping on the 5th if I'm not mistaken, and many will probably be able to upgrade for free. Sadly, I think most PCs won't work with it, unless it has a secure boot option. Or I may be confusing it with something else. Either way, my current PC won't be able to upgrade to Windows 11 because it requires a function my PC can't do.

Are you guys upgrading to Windows 11 when it drops? I'm going to wait and see if they make a build that works with my PC, but I'm not betting on that.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Windows 11 is dropping on the 5th if I'm not mistaken, and many will probably be able to upgrade for free. Sadly, I think most PCs won't work with it, unless it has a secure boot option. Or I may be confusing it with something else. Either way, my current PC won't be able to upgrade to Windows 11 because it requires a function my PC can't do.

Are you guys upgrading to Windows 11 when it drops? I'm going to wait and see if they make a build that works with my PC, but I'm not betting on that.
    I don’t have a computer that can run it but it looks interesting. I believe it can run android apps too which is pretty dope. One thing I can’t get with is the design though, it looks too flat.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I am not one for liking change once I am comfy with something so I have yet to upgrade to it. I am still on the fence. I probably will though just for security purposes. Maybe I will make sure of their new features, not sure. I remember hating the change from 8 to 10 but then I ended up liking it more than 8. Might be the same case here.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    How's difference between Windows 10 and 11? Do you really think it comes with good features or just major UI change only? If it is fix some Windows 10 problems than might be good for investment.
    The UI changes are nice, it's hard to explain but it just feels snappy and smooth. I'm running M.2 Drives and SSD's everything was already snappy for me, W11 made it seem smoother.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    That's good to see they improved so much as we all knows Windows 10 had few bugs and missing some features. As from your feedback it might be tempting investment for sure.
    It's a free upgrade, might as well grab it while it's free.. If you don't like it go back to 10. But I'll bet you stick with it.

James

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It's a free upgrade, might as well grab it while it's free.. If you don't like it go back to 10. But I'll bet you stick with it.
    Yes I know but I have one i3 processor which is not suitable for that and I don't want to spend thousand dollar in new system if it is not worth of it. But this sound a good investment so will find better option to buy one.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yes I know but I have one i3 processor which is not suitable for that and I don't want to spend thousand dollar in new system if it is not worth of it. But this sound a good investment so will find better option to buy one.
    I did this for one of my old laptops, easy to do.

James

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

James

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I did this for one of my old laptops, easy to do.

This is to inform you that I have done everything in old laptop and now today I done on my work laptop and both went excellent and I'm enjoying great features now.

Thanks again for your help.

Devin

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm running off of an Acer laptop that I purchased around 3 years ago. I received the notification to update to Windows 11 probably around 2 months ago. I decided to go ahead and update it. Overall, I enjoy the layout of Windows 11, and I'm satisfied with the experience so far, I have had no complaints.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    U did the update since posting in the thread. Only been about a week or so. It is okay. I am still getting used to the change. I feel like I will be used to it in another week or so. I want to go through the privacy settings and everything. Make sure they are getting as little info off me as possible.

Devin

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    U did the update since posting in the thread. Only been about a week or so. It is okay. I am still getting used to the change. I feel like I will be used to it in another week or so. I want to go through the privacy settings and everything. Make sure they are getting as little info off me as possible.
    Haha, as for getting your info or data, they will always do that and they seem to be quite good with trying to mask their work.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Haha, as for getting your info or data, they will always do that and they seem to be quite good with trying to mask their work.
    Oh I know. Microsoft at bad with it but at least it is easier to go through everything and better protect yourself. It wasn't like this before. Still though, I really should work on moving away from them.

Devin

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Oh I know. Microsoft at bad with it but at least it is easier to go through everything and better protect yourself. It wasn't like this before. Still though, I really should work on moving away from them.
    Yeah, you're very correct about that not being like this before but lately, they all know how valuable information is worth and they are milking it like their lives depends on it.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yeah, you're very correct about that not being like this before but lately, they all know how valuable information is worth and they are milking it like their lives depends on it.
    Collective data mining makes billions a year. I can't blame them for wanting to profit off people being passive and neglectful. More people need to wake up.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    My computer doesn't really qualify to work with 11. I got the beta to work messing with the BIOS but I'll wait until I get my next computer.
    There’s a user jasonrest that wants to link with programmers. Do you have any episodes of your podcast you can drop that helps?

Devin

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Collective data mining makes billions a year. I can't blame them for wanting to profit off people being passive and neglectful. More people need to wake up.
    I believe that most people have already answered the wake up call already and it's why a big number of them are strongly against it and how it's meant to be used.