Politics, Current Events, and Serious Discussion

Stats

Category
News and Politics
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Would you rather homeschool your children these days?

DaBeast

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I want to have kids one day, but I've yet to meet the right woman, but one day I hope to have a family of my own. When it comes to education, I'm kinda worried about it. I think most public schools don't teach the 100% truth of our history. I want my kids to know our past, the horrible abuse the US put upon African American men and women over the years. The fact that there is still hate out there. It's pushed me further away from the idea of public schooling.

Growing up I hated school, absolutely hated it. It was probably because I was around a mostly white population and had mostly white teachers. I always felt looked down on, was bullied, and dealt with the racism of the area. It's made me consider the idea that I'd rather homeschool my future children. The issue with that, is that I'm not a teacher, I don't know a whole lot. I suppose I could look into what teachers teach, and just use the books and teach from there. But I want to also teach him our truth, and make sure he/she knows what our past was.

Oh, and I'd make sure they'll learn how to do their taxes. Because I wish I learned how to do them in school, but nope, I have to learn more math or something dumb that I won't be utilizing outside in the real world anyway. I learned about what American history wants you to know about, not about what actually happened until I looked more into the past more thoroughly.

Would you rather homeschool your children than let most public & private schools teach them? Hell, maybe homeschooling together with the kids will teach me too.

Sun Light

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
Public schools really don’t do a good job teaching kids. My cousin who has 5 children homeschools her kids, I think it’s the best way to go. Private schools are good if you can afford it, but in this day and age it’s just too expensive.
Yes homeschool is the best.. Parents can eliminate so much racism by opting out of public school..

InsaneOptimist

Senior Sixer
Tither
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I want to have kids one day, but I've yet to meet the right woman, but one day I hope to have a family of my own. When it comes to education, I'm kinda worried about it. I think most public schools don't teach the 100% truth of our history. I want my kids to know our past, the horrible abuse the US put upon African American men and women over the years. The fact that there is still hate out there. It's pushed me further away from the idea of public schooling.

Growing up I hated school, absolutely hated it. It was probably because I was around a mostly white population and had mostly white teachers. I always felt looked down on, was bullied, and dealt with the racism of the area. It's made me consider the idea that I'd rather homeschool my future children. The issue with that, is that I'm not a teacher, I don't know a whole lot. I suppose I could look into what teachers teach, and just use the books and teach from there. But I want to also teach him our truth, and make sure he/she knows what our past was.

Oh, and I'd make sure they'll learn how to do their taxes. Because I wish I learned how to do them in school, but nope, I have to learn more math or something dumb that I won't be utilizing outside in the real world anyway. I learned about what American history wants you to know about, not about what actually happened until I looked more into the past more thoroughly.

Would you rather homeschool your children than let most public & private schools teach them? Hell, maybe homeschooling together with the kids will teach me too.