The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Would You Rather Live In A Predominantly Black Area With Mice, Or A Nicer Area With Anti-Black Racists?

ART

Royal Sixer
Community Host
Content Contributor
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Point of View:

You are searching for rental properties because you're tired of mice and mismanagement in your current rental. You're okay with some of the neighbors who look out for you and hold your packages for you, but the mice, uncaring office staff, and poor maintenance staff ruin things for you. Property management sucks and some of the nearby neighbors can be noisy, especially upstairs. Trash management also isn't the best.

You try to find a better place to live, but all of the rentals within your price range have the same or worse issues than the current rental you are in. One day in your search, for rentals, you come across a nicer rental with many amenities and features that may be within your budget. The area is cleaner and well-maintained. And it's almost easy to breathe.

Here's the problem: Both the property management and residents are racists who may try to make you uncomfortable or start things with you.

So, would you:

A. Move or stay in the rental with mice in a predominantly Black area with okay neighbors.

OR

B. Move into a nicer rental where mice are unheard of as the mice are replaced by racist neighbors (including Karens and Kyles), racist office staff, and racist maintenance workers that may give you a hard time, may call the police on you, and will not look out for you or have your back.

BlackWarGod

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Point of View:

You are searching for rental properties because you're tired of mice and mismanagement in your current rental. You're okay with some of the neighbors who look out for you and hold your packages for you, but the mice, uncaring office staff, and poor maintenance staff ruin things for you. Property management sucks and some of the nearby neighbors can be noisy, especially upstairs. Trash management also isn't the best.

You try to find a better place to live, but all of the rentals within your price range have the same or worse issues than the current rental you are in. One day in your search, for rentals, you come across a nicer rental with many amenities and features that may be within your budget. The area is cleaner and well-maintained. And it's almost easy to breathe.

Here's the problem: Both the property management and residents are racists who may try to make you uncomfortable or start things with you.

So, would you:

A. Move or stay in the rental with mice in a predominantly Black area with okay neighbors.

OR

B. Move into a nicer rental where mice are unheard of as the mice are replaced by racist neighbors (including Karens and Kyles), racist office staff, and racist maintenance workers that may give you a hard time, may call the police on you, and will not look out for you or have your back.
    I’m taking the option A, I’ve been through option B and ill say never again.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Option B because the only area you can control is your personal space and so I would want where I lay my head to be as comfortable as possible. Yes there are racists but Option A is not guaranteed to be safer. In addition, with Option A you’ll most likely have to go to work and see the same Karens and Kens that live in Option B. So give me the comfort to rest my head and plot.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I kill the mice and I won't risk jail but if I have to kill one of 'them', well... lol

I'm going to qualify it. If I'm single, I will live with us. If I'm married, no kids, up to wifey.

If I have kids. Hmm...tough call but if I'm subjecting my wife and kids to racists, we are coming prepared. If possible, I'll home school. Cameras set up all over the property. Kids given specific instructions on what to do if encountering the mayo crowd. My car has cameras. My phone's camera or my body cam (yes, I'd wear one when going to the local Walmart) are on ready, standby. If its a open carry or concealed weapon state, I get that. And also an attorney ready for whatever the dirty cops throw at me.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I lived in both areas. You have upsides and downsides. Black majority areas have issues with safety, crime, property neglect, etc. where as white majority areas are safer but come with racist neighbors, thug cops, higher costs, and generally feeling like an outcast.

That being said, I choose comfort. I would rather live among racists than filth. I mind my own and in most cases (at least for the younger ones), whites eventually just ignore me or act indifferent to me which is fine by me.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I lived in both areas. You have upsides and downsides. Black majority areas have issues with safety, crime, property neglect, etc. where as white majority areas are safer but come with racist neighbors, thug cops, higher costs, and generally feeling like an outcast.

That being said, I choose comfort. I would rather live among racists than filth. I mind my own and in most cases (at least for the younger ones), whites eventually just ignore me or act indifferent to me which is fine by me.
    The unfortunate part is that even outside of poorer areas with a large Black population, there are plenty of areas and rentals that have issues with both regular filth and racist filth. That's 2 problems and the 3rd problem is the high rent you're paying for both. I rather live in a mostly Black area with pests than a mostly non-Black area with pests and racist neighbors that cause issues. I am aware that there are some whites that do quietly live amongst Black people in poor predominantly Black areas, but they usually lay low from what I've noticed.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    The unfortunate part is that even outside of poorer areas with a large Black population, there are plenty of areas and rentals that have issues with both regular filth and racist filth. That's 2 problems and the 3rd problem is the high rent you're paying for both. I rather live in a mostly Black area with pests than a mostly non-Black area with pests and racist neighbors that cause issues. I am aware that there are some whites that do quietly live amongst Black people in poor predominantly Black areas, but they usually lay low from what I've noticed.
    It really is a shakeup. I think it depends on the area. I have been to spots there were well maintained and majority black and ill maintained and majority white. I think it mostly comes down to who is in charge of the area (government) and who owns what property. The more home owners you have in a spot, the cleaner it tends to be. People don't want their place becoming a hot mess.

I just can't sleep with filth. Bugs, pests, rodents, etc. I cannot deal with it. My sleep is too damn important to me. lol