The Streets

Leave your "boujeeness" at the door. Celeb gossip and other debauchery goes down here.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

WTF Is Up With The Waffle House?

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I have never gone. I heard they had decent food but I just never felt inclined to go.

I started seeing videos around 2019 pop up online of full on brawls breaking out at these joints. Like all sorts of people, men and women, black and white, latino... everyone just throwing chairs and hands. It isn't like a rare occurrence either. It almost seems like this happens on a monthly basis at most if not all locations.

What the hell is going on this this place? They putting something in the food??

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I have never gone. I heard they had decent food but I just never felt inclined to go.

I started seeing videos around 2019 pop up online of full on brawls breaking out at these joints. Like all sorts of people, men and women, black and white, latino... everyone just throwing chairs and hands. It isn't like a rare occurrence either. It almost seems like this happens on a monthly basis at most if not all locations.

People go out to clubs drink too much end up fighting at the 24 hour waffle house.....it's really that simple.

ShermX69X

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin

I stopped going and haven't been in years. When I did go I ALWAYS went strapped! It really doesn't matter the time of day or night because that place draws the same type of low level energy that wal-mart does. The taste and quality of the food depends on the cooks skill level & how tired and or pissed off they are from another customer. If you eat there too often you will gain weight along with a higher cholesterol level.

homer simpson episode 6 GIF

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    I stopped going and haven't been in years. When I did go I ALWAYS went strapped! It really doesn't matter the time of day or night because that place draws the same type of low level energy that wal-mart does. The taste and quality of the food depends on the cooks skill level & how tired and or pissed off they are from another customer. If you eat there too often you will gain weight along with a higher cholesterol level.

homer simpson episode 6 GIF
    I've only been there a few times. I love making my own food. I know exactly what's in it.

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It's a quite racist business. They've had several anti black racist incidents and the owner never spoke up against it leading me to believe he's likely a right wing racist!

They once had all white people sitting in eating and when some black customers showed up they locked the door and wouldn't let them in. This was in Alabama of course.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    People go out to clubs drink too much end up fighting at the 24 hour waffle house.....it's really that simple.
    But you don't see this at Denny's or Ihop which both tend to be hot spots for drunks after the clubs close. I know some Ihops have some issues but nothing like Waffle House.

jus7hu3m4n

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    These incidents(intentional or not) serve to reinforce the "otherness of Blackness/New Afrikaness"

It aids in our continued social death that makes the speactacle of our physical death acceptable to the dominant worldview.

The racist fantasy places Our Kin as the racial object that prevents the racist subject( viewership/posters) from infinite enjoyment.

Problem is, that enjoyment isn't real and never will be. The racist need our debasement to think they will achieve something, but it doesn't happen.

The unconscious doesn't know what it actually wants because it associates our being(Blackness)as and excess joy that racist can never experience.

So they look at these videos hoping to fulfill mentally what they cannot do physical; kill us outright.

When they watch these videos, they are vicariously living out that delusional fantasy.

It's quite pathetic really

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    These incidents(intentional or not) serve to reinforce the "otherness of Blackness/New Afrikaness"

It aids in our continued social death that makes the speactacle of our physical death acceptable to the dominant worldview.

The racist fantasy places Our Kin as the racial object that prevents the racist subject( viewership/posters) from infinite enjoyment.

Problem is, that enjoyment isn't real and never will be. The racist need our debasement to think they will achieve something, but it doesn't happen.

The unconscious doesn't know what it actually wants because it associates our being(Blackness)as and excess joy that racist can never experience.

So they look at these videos hoping to fulfill mentally what they cannot do physical; kill us outright.

When they watch these videos, they are vicariously living out that delusional fantasy.

It's quite pathetic really
    I am sure there are people watching and feeling this way but like I said, this isn't a "black thing". Plenty of whites and Latinos are out at these Waffle Houses started crap. The common denominator seems to be intoxication but like I said, Denny's and Ihop don't have this issue so maybe this is all in where they are located?

A friend of mine said she thinks it keeps happening cause videos go viral and people are clout chasing.

ShermX69X

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    It's a quite racist business. They've had several anti black racist incidents and the owner never spoke up against it leading me to believe he's likely a right wing racist!

They once had all white people sitting in eating and when some black customers showed up they locked the door and wouldn't let them in. This was in Alabama of course.
    Glad you brought that up because that's was another MAIN reason waffle house don't get my business anymore.

I remember two of them in particular. The Black woman that was assaulted by the police exposing her breast and the legal concealed carrying brother that blow away a piece of ws trash inside one of them. In both instances the police and media tried to demonize them and police let off the hook for those that don't know about those two situations.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    But you don't see this at Denny's or Ihop which both tend to be hot spots for drunks after the clubs close. I know some Ihops have some issues but nothing like Waffle House.
    More cops congregate at IHOP and DENNY'S this is why they don't tend to have these issues.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    More cops congregate at IHOP and DENNY'S this is why they don't tend to have these issues.
    Oh right, that makes sense. They can't and won't start things where the piggies are eating their feed.

I think I heard someone say before that ihop is like some sort of pig hangout now.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I never been to a Waffle House. I think the closest one where I live is like 40 min away and not worth the drive. Never had a desire to go there. How many of these restaurants are out there? Cause I have a feeling it is a lot. Mix that with putting them in bad areas, you are going to get drama. I see just as much if not more drama happening at McD's in viral videos and there is literally a McD's every 10 min in America.